Possible or impossible? this is the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 06:05 PM by Vosur.)
RE: Possible or impossible? this is the question!
(10-05-2016 03:22 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  It's kind of bad with animal breeding, too. This is why poodles (as just one of many examples) have so many genetic diseases.
It's surprising just how many genetic defects these artificial dog breeds have.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2016, 06:21 PM
(10-05-2016 11:50 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 07:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  that's Ok Smile

its really not. i should sue you for psychological abuse.
yes, may be you should. good luck with that Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-05-2016, 06:35 PM
[Image: Mission%2BImpossible%2BTV%2BSeries.gif]
10-05-2016, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 06:59 PM by Stevil.)
(08-05-2016 11:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  I was told that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible. As a believer that they were real people I want to know why they are impossible.
Thank you.
I would say that if you accept science and scientific discoveries thus far then you would have to conclude that Adam and Eve are impossible.

But if you believe that an all powerful god can magically do anything then you could believe that it is possible. But, you would have to take the stance that science and evolution is wrong.

I understand that in another thread you are learning about genetic markers and how the migration of people from Africa across the world can be tracked because certain genetic markers formed and where passed down through the generations. The migration forms branches, where one group goes in one direction and another group goes in a different direction. Those that don't have those markers are not descendants from the group that first had those markers.

This same approach can be used to understand (discover) the Phylogenetic tree which also has branches. For example The Genetics of Vitamin C

Quote:vitamin C synthesis is also an ancestral trait of mammals and that this trait has been lost in three mammalian lineages: bats, guinea pigs and anthropoid primates

Quote:The GLO gene of anthropoid primates has lost seven of the twelve exons found in functional vertebrate GLO genes, whereas the guinea pig has lost its first and fifth exon as well as part of its sixth exon

Quote:Using comparison between functional and non-functional sequences, the inactivation dates have been calculated to be about 61 MYA in anthropoid primates
MYA is a unit for "Million year ago" so 61 MYA = 61 million years ago.
anthropoid primates

All anthropoid primates had a common ancestor 61 million years ago, we all share this issue with the GLO gene and the issues are the same. This event happened and was reflected in all decendants of the common ancestor. This common ancestor was not human.

There are plenty of other markers like this and we can use them to discover our ancestral history. They know, for example that humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestor and we split (branched) at some point. But a while later there was some cross breeding back with a partial common ancestor of Chimpanzees and then we split again. These events can be traced. It is complex but they can have a pretty darn good idea what happened.

IF god created humans "fully formed" then the god did a great job at making it appear as if we evolved from a common ancestor of the other apes.
Why would the god seek to "deceive" us with this evidence lining up in a cohesive evolutionary explanation?
10-05-2016, 07:01 PM
(10-05-2016 05:34 PM)Skittles Wrote:  It's bad for the animals too. The breeders simply kill the babies that don't stack up to the new standards they've set for the animal. Nobody ever talks about all the dead baby animals it took to get the Frankenstein livestock/pets that we have today. Sad
Are you aware how dairy farming gets cows to produce milk?

What happens to the baby cows (calves)?
10-05-2016, 07:44 PM
(10-05-2016 07:01 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 05:34 PM)Skittles Wrote:  It's bad for the animals too. The breeders simply kill the babies that don't stack up to the new standards they've set for the animal. Nobody ever talks about all the dead baby animals it took to get the Frankenstein livestock/pets that we have today. Sad
Are you aware how dairy farming gets cows to produce milk?

Yep, I even helped another woman save 3 calves by housing them and bottle feeding them until they could drink it out of a bucket and eat real food. Cute little guys. Funny and playful. I should probably stop there. I don't want to bring people down.

Cheers
10-05-2016, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 09:47 PM by Alla.)
Skittles Wrote:IF god created humans "fully formed" then the god did a great job at making it appear as if we evolved from a common ancestor of the other apes.
Why would the god seek to "deceive" us with this evidence lining up in a cohesive evolutionary explanation?
I don't believe that God deceived us.
I believe that God didn't even try to tell us how exactly He created Adam's and Eve's physical bodies. This is not His message to us. His message is that He is the one who caused Adam and Eve physical bodies to be on Earth.
How did He do it? I don't know and I don't care at this point.
May be God showed to the author of the book(very ancient man) this picture:
long, long time ago let's say 4,600 mya earth was formed. Then God showed this man how He was PREPARING this earth for Adam and Eve.
apes evolved until they had physical bodies like we have now. They were intelligent but they were NOT spirit children of God. Could God use one of those bodies for Adam?
I also don't know where God created Adam. On what planet. The Bible is silent. What kind of bodies did they have? What kind of DNA did they have?
I don't know.
So,ancient man(author of the book) saw everything God showed to him and ask God:
- "Lord, how can I explain men about creation? I am not sure what words I can use"
- Lord:" Explain everything to the best of your ability and understanding. Just don't screw one thing. Don't forget to write that I am the one who caused these things to happen".

I accept any evidence of the evolution. I have a better idea how God was preparing everything for us. Thanks to the scientists for their hard work.

If God wanted to teach us science He would do it. But He was teaching us another important thing - how we can live with Him again and what we have TO DO that this can happen.
If we do not understand how God created things He doesn't care. If we have wrong ideas about creation(science), God doesn't care.
If His PROPHETS are wrong about His creation(science) God doesn't care.
This is NOT God's message.

Cheers

10-05-2016, 09:42 PM
(10-05-2016 07:44 PM)Skittles Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 07:01 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Are you aware how dairy farming gets cows to produce milk?

Yep, I even helped another woman save 3 calves by housing them and bottle feeding them until they could drink it out of a bucket and eat real food. Cute little guys. Funny and playful. I should probably stop there. I don't want to bring people down.

Cheers
I am going to buy sheep soon. They are so adorable. And someone has to mown all those acres full of weeds Smile

10-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Alla

From your original message you were asking if the Adam and Eve story could be possible or impossible.

(08-05-2016 11:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  I was told that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible. As a believer that they were real people I want to know why they are impossible.
Thank you.

I provided some detail on the scientific evidence for common ancestry, thus proving that there was no physical Adam and Eve.

(10-05-2016 09:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't believe that God deceived us.
I believe that God didn't even try to tell us how exactly He created Adam's and Eve's physical bodies. This is not His message to us. His message is that He is the one who caused Adam and Eve physical bodies to be on Earth. How did He do it? I don't know and I don't care at this point.
But then you go and tell me that the details of the story of Adam and Eve is largely irrelevant.

(10-05-2016 09:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  If God wanted to teach us science He would do it. But He was teaching us another important thing - how we can live with Him again and what we have TO DO that this can happen.
If we do not understand how God created things He doesn't care. If we have wrong ideas about creation(science), God doesn't care.

Cheers

So you have basically just thrown away the entirety of the Adam and Eve story.
All you are saying is that the key message of the story has nothing to do with the beginnings of humans, that there perhaps was never an Adam or Eve and that the story is merely decoration rather than information. That the only take home is that "God did it". That the how, the why, the details are unimportant.
That humans are on Earth today, how they got here, is undisclosed in the bible but all that is important is that it was God. Somehow we are here because of god.

I mean, really! What a waste of time that is. Why would people even bother reading Genesis if all they need to take from it is that somehow us and other stuff is here because God.

Why did you bother with the OP?
10-05-2016, 10:52 PM
(10-05-2016 09:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Skittles Wrote:IF god created humans "fully formed" then the god did a great job at making it appear as if we evolved from a common ancestor of the other apes.
I don't believe that God deceived us.
I believe that God didn't even try to tell us how exactly He created Adam's and Eve's physical bodies. This is not His message to us. His message is that He is the one who caused Adam and Eve physical bodies to be on Earth.
How did He do it? I don't know and I don't care at this point.
May be God showed to the author of the book(very ancient man) this picture:
long, long time ago let's say 4,600 mya earth was formed. Then God showed this man how He was PREPARING this earth for Adam and Eve.
apes evolved until they had physical bodies like we have now. They were intelligent but they were NOT spirit children of God. Could God use one of those bodies for Adam?
I also don't know where God created Adam. On what planet. The Bible is silent. What kind of bodies did they have? What kind of DNA did they have?
I don't know.
So,ancient man(author of the book) saw everything God showed to him and ask God:
- "Lord, how can I explain men about creation? I am not sure what words I can use"
- Lord:" Explain everything to the best of your ability and understanding. Just don't screw one thing. Don't forget to write that I am the one who caused these things to happen".

I accept any evidence of the evolution. I have a better idea how God was preparing everything for us. Thanks to the scientists for their hard work.

If God wanted to teach us science He would do it. But He was teaching us another important thing - how we can live with Him again and what we have TO DO that this can happen.

Cheers
Who's God ? Chuck Norris ?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes