Possible or impossible? this is the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Possible or impossible? this is the question!
(08-05-2016 04:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  Thank you for the answers. I will read all of them.

Hug

Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 05:40 PM
So, I believe that God of the Bible exists. I believe that biblical Adam and Eve were/are real.
According to the Genesis God formed/organized Adam's body "of the dust of the ground".
Hmm, what is "dust of the ground"?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-05-2016, 05:42 PM
(08-05-2016 05:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 05:30 PM)Leo Wrote:  Alla you are a good sport. That why I rep you positively. But remember the key for all the existence answers is Chuck Norris.Yes
I remember this. Smile
P.S. I like the way you troll me. I ask you good questions and you don't give me good answers. Big Grin

Seriously I like you around in the site. It's fun chatting with you. Please don't take my chucksterism replies seriously. I'm fooling around. Thumbsup I hope you aren't annoyed by my trolling to you. I see it as harmless fun.Big Grin

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
08-05-2016, 05:43 PM
No

Alla.

A lot of the previous posts point out, both simply and complex, WHY an Adam and an Eve could NOT exist.

Please try and answer some of the replies?

Your following posts will, however, give more light to those reading them about how you think.
08-05-2016, 05:43 PM
(08-05-2016 11:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Probably has something to do with dirt not being able to become living, breathing humans.

Hope that helps.
Nope. what is "dirt of the ground"?

08-05-2016, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 05:55 PM by Peebothuhul.)
(08-05-2016 05:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  Nope. what is "dirt of the ground"?

Are you asking about/for the technical definition of 'dirt'?

Because even a common/colloquial definition will still not produce/bring forth a 'modern' human (Female or male) without invoking magic.
08-05-2016, 05:57 PM
CosmicRaven Wrote:- It doesn't make sense for a human to be made directly dirt.
I am sorry. Where does it say that God formed Adam "directly dirt"?
CosmicRaven Wrote:- It doesn't make sense that God would build a woman from a rib.
- I don't get why the story has female coming from male, when it is the other way around
Could it be symbolism and you don't know the meaning of it?
Cosmicraven Wrote:- There's plenty on evidence pointing to us having common ancestors with other animals.
How does it make biblical Adam and Eve impossible? Please, share with me your opinion.
CosmicRaven Wrote:- The story just doesn't make sense at all. It fits in with fairy tale stories.
I don't know what exactly you mean.
CosmicRaven Wrote:- They lived over 900 years.
So? Are you saying that it is not possible?

P.S. I know that you don't believe in God, that you don't believe that the Bible has words of God, ...
But I believe, that is why I want to understand myself "possible" or "impossible"? and why possible or impossible.

08-05-2016, 06:02 PM
(08-05-2016 05:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  
CosmicRaven Wrote:- It doesn't make sense for a human to be made directly dirt.
I am sorry. Where does it say that God formed Adam "directly dirt"?
CosmicRaven Wrote:- It doesn't make sense that God would build a woman from a rib.
- I don't get why the story has female coming from male, when it is the other way around
Could it be symbolism and you don't know the meaning of it?
Cosmicraven Wrote:- There's plenty on evidence pointing to us having common ancestors with other animals.
How does it make biblical Adam and Eve impossible? Please, share with me your opinion.
CosmicRaven Wrote:- The story just doesn't make sense at all. It fits in with fairy tale stories.
I don't know what exactly you mean.
CosmicRaven Wrote:- They lived over 900 years.
So? Are you saying that it is not possible?

P.S. I know that you don't believe in God, that you don't believe that the Bible has words of God, ...
But I believe, that is why I want to understand myself "possible" or "impossible"? and why possible or impossible.

Lol, the first one had a typo. I meant to say "directly from dirt." XD Sorry about that.

Honestly, I don't think this will get too far. This is almost like trying to prove a negative. There is nothing that points toward there being an Adam and Eve other than holy texts. What am I supposed to say?

How would we know what in the Bible is symbolism and what is not? What if the whole Bible is symbolism or just a story?

Here is my question: Why do you believe the Bible?
08-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Also, there has been no evidence of people living that long. People generally used to live very short lives compared to us. However, with advances in science and medicine, we can live as long as we do now. Why would they live 900 years back then?
08-05-2016, 06:06 PM
I want to know what the person who wrote those words meant by the "dust of the ground"