Possible or impossible? this is the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: Possible or impossible? this is the question!
(08-05-2016 06:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  I want to know what the person who wrote those words meant by the "dust of the ground"

Some substance on the earth. Probably dirt. Could possibly also be sand. Either one of those.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 06:12 PM
(08-05-2016 06:05 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Also, there has been no evidence of people living that long. People generally used to live very short lives compared to us. However, with advances in science and medicine, we can live as long as we do now. Why would they live 900 years back then?
if density of time in one particular place is less than we have now on earth then organisms can live longer.
if density of time in one particular place is higher than we have now on earth then organisms can have shorter life or they can even be destroyed very, very fast.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-05-2016, 06:14 PM
(08-05-2016 06:07 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 06:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  I want to know what the person who wrote those words meant by the "dust of the ground"

Some substance on the earth. Probably dirt. Could possibly also be sand. Either one of those.
In other words you have no idea what the author of the book meant by the dust of the ground. Correct?

08-05-2016, 06:17 PM
(08-05-2016 05:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, I believe that God of the Bible exists. I believe that biblical Adam and Eve were/are real.
According to the Genesis God formed/organized Adam's body "of the dust of the ground".
Hmm, what is "dust of the ground"?

I see that you have been given a number of responses in the negative regarding the possibility of the story of Adam and Eve being true. I don't see where you've interacted with them. You now want to ask us how the Bible defines "dust of the Earth. Why don't you tell us how the Book of Mormon defines it. After all you are the believer in it. I would define "dust of the Earth" as fine dirt. It seems that this is an irrelevant issue in deciding whether it is possible for the story to be true.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
08-05-2016, 06:18 PM
(08-05-2016 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 06:05 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Also, there has been no evidence of people living that long. People generally used to live very short lives compared to us. However, with advances in science and medicine, we can live as long as we do now. Why would they live 900 years back then?
if density of time in one particular place is less than we have now on earth then organisms can live longer.
if density of time in one particular place is higher than we have now on earth then organisms can have shorter life or they can even be destroyed very, very fast.

I'm not sure what you mean by density of time...
08-05-2016, 06:20 PM
(08-05-2016 03:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  There's this interesting new scientific theory that came out just recently. They call it "The Theory of Evolution". Some say these scientists are just copying a guy called Darwin, but there's no merit to those claims. You should definitely check it out.

Angel

Laugh out load
Yes, I heard about it. Great stuff.
But how does it show that there is no way that biblical Adam and Eve could be possible.
As a believer in God of the Bible I want to understand

08-05-2016, 06:21 PM
(08-05-2016 06:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 06:07 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Some substance on the earth. Probably dirt. Could possibly also be sand. Either one of those.
In other words you have no idea what the author of the book meant by the dust of the ground. Correct?

I have an idea. What I said makes sense. I don't know what argument you're trying to make.
Even if I had no idea, that doesn't make the story in Genesis any more accurate.
Not having an understanding of something doesn't automatically make it correct or incorrect.
Also, there are other people who answered your earlier questions really well. Better than I did. Don't ignore them.
08-05-2016, 06:21 PM
"Density of time" = "Magic"

Sad
08-05-2016, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 06:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-05-2016 05:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, I believe that God of the Bible exists. I believe that biblical Adam and Eve were/are real.
According to the Genesis God formed/organized Adam's body "of the dust of the ground".
Hmm, what is "dust of the ground"?

What you believe is irrelevant.
For many thousands of years, religious nuts, such as you, have asserted all their religious BS is true, just as you do. They were all wrong, just as you are.

ALL the major Biblical Scholars in the world consider Genesis to be mythical.
Since you are profoundly ignorant, and uneducated, you would have no way of knowing that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Alla,

Why don't you tell us the basis of your belief that the story of Adam and Eve is true. More importantly, how are you aware of this basis?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick