Possible or impossible? this is the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: Possible or impossible? this is the question!
So, it is established that modern human physical body is a result of the evolution. It was very long process. It took billions of years.
Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.
But how does it show that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible?
As a theist I want to understand.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Alla. You would do well to heed Julian on this forum

"Now since I intend to treat of all their first dogmas, as they call them, I wish to say in the first place that if my readers desire to try to refute me they must proceed as if they were in a court of law and not drag in irrelevant matter, or, as the saying is, bring counter-charges until they have defended their own views. For thus it will be better and clearer if, when they wish to censure any views of mine, they undertake that as a separate task, but when they are defending themselves against my censure, they bring no counter-charges."

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-05-2016, 07:22 PM
(08-05-2016 07:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  ....................

So, we don't know what author of the book meant when he wrote that man was formed from the dust of earth. We have no idea.

I was thinking about this: there was a man who lived 3,400 years ago and he had knowledge from God that this God formed Adam's physical body.
God showed it to him. God showed to him some science. How could that man explain the science to those who lived in his times? How could he himself understand the science?
Did God WANT men to know this science from Him? Or did God want men to figure it out on their own because they have brains and ability and it is GOOD FOR MEN to figure things outs?

P.S. what is dust of the ground? what is this organized from?

You asked about the biblical Adam and Eve. The biblical Adam and Eve were made from literal dust from the literal ground. Change that, and it's no longer what the Bible says and they are no longer the biblical Adam and Eve. Feel free to ask about the non-biblical Adam and Eve... but don't pretend that the non-biblical Adam and Eve are the biblical Adam and Eve.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
08-05-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't understand what you are trying to do.
- If you are a troll, you sure are a dedicated one.
- If not, ... *sigh* We do try to explain to you why the story of Adam and Eve does not make sense. You do not have to agree with us or anything. At least make it clear that you've even read what we've all said. If you are trying to convert us, it is not working very well.
08-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Reltzik Wrote:You asked about the biblical Adam and Eve. The biblical Adam and Eve were made from literal dust from the literal ground.
Where does it say that they were made from "literal dust from the literal ground"?
What is the dust of the ground? Can someone explain it to me?

Reltzik Wrote:Feel free to ask about the non-biblical Adam and Eve... but don't pretend that the non-biblical Adam and Eve are the biblical Adam and Eve.

I don't. And I know they are not. I educated myself a little bit on this subject. Thanks to atheists of this forum. THANK YOU!!
How does non-biblical Adam and Eve show that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible?
I still don't have an answer.

08-05-2016, 07:30 PM
(08-05-2016 07:24 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't understand what you are trying to do.
- If not, ... *sigh* We do try to explain to you why the story of Adam and Eve does not make sense. You do not have to agree with us or anything. At least make it clear that you've even read what we've all said. If you are trying to convert us, it is not working very well.

I am not troll. I am theist who wants to understand why biblical Adam and Eve are impossible.
How can you say the story doesn't make sense if you have no idea what the author of the book meant?

08-05-2016, 07:36 PM
(08-05-2016 07:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Reltzik Wrote:You asked about the biblical Adam and Eve. The biblical Adam and Eve were made from literal dust from the literal ground.
Where does it say that they were made from "literal dust from the literal ground"?
What is the dust of the ground? Can someone explain it to me?

Reltzik Wrote:Feel free to ask about the non-biblical Adam and Eve... but don't pretend that the non-biblical Adam and Eve are the biblical Adam and Eve.

I don't. And I know they are not. I educated myself a little bit on this subject. Thanks to atheists of this forum. THANK YOU!!
How does non-biblical Adam and Eve show that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible?
I still don't have an answer.

You really have the answer.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
08-05-2016, 07:39 PM
(08-05-2016 07:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 07:24 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't understand what you are trying to do.

I am not troll. I am theist who wants to understand why biblical Adam and Eve are impossible.
How can you say the story doesn't make sense if you have no idea what the author of the book meant?

The Bible isn't very clear, huh?
Well, what do you think the story means?
I think the story came about when people were trying to think of an explanation for why we're here. I don't think they had as much knowledge about biology or astronomy as we currently have.
08-05-2016, 07:53 PM
CosmicRaven Wrote:The Bible isn't very clear, huh?
Yep.

Cosmicraven Wrote:Well, what do you think the story means?
It means that God formed Adam's and Eve's physical bodies but the author of the book didn't tell us how exactly God did it.
The author of the book did not tell us what he meant when he wrote "the dust of the ground".
But when I read about evolution I start to have some ideas.

P.S. How can an ancient man explain modern science? in what words?

what is the dust of the ground organized from? do you know?

Another question: if there is God would He care how I understand science? If yes, why would He care?

08-05-2016, 07:57 PM
(08-05-2016 07:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  Another question: if there is God would He care how I understand science? If yes, why would He care?

You really are ignorant of this belief system you say you follow. All forms of xianity are anti science. They have to be.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1 Timothy 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.