22-05-2016, 03:18 PM
RE: Possible tarantula incoming
I love tarantulas. Heart

☆☆☆
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2016, 03:19 PM
(22-05-2016 01:52 PM)unfogged Wrote:  [Image: 2853723335_44fdafb8fa_o.jpg?w=700&h=525]

Actually, I agree that it isn't anything to really worry about

That should get rid of all tarantulas within!
22-05-2016, 08:40 PM
(22-05-2016 02:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I lived in CA for years. Had a tarantula as a pet for a couple of weeks until Mom discovered him. The ones out there are very mild-mannered.

When your mother discovered it did she hit it with a sledge hammer?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Years ago when living in Arizona my then husband and I were watching TV late one night. He got up, went into the kitchen and came back with a plastic bowl and plate. He set the bowl on the carpet upside down and slid the plate underneath then walked to the door and went outside and came back in with the dishes.

I had no idea what was going on. I asked and he said that there was a tarantula on the floor so he set it free.

Yipes! I asked if he was crazy...letting it go so it could get bigger and come back at a later date. Dodgy

I wouldn't kill one if it was outside but once one crosses the threshold into the house all bets are off.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-05-2016, 08:47 PM
They sneak into your house, burrow into house plants and cacti ... and come out at night to bite you. Resistance is futile.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I babysat a tarantula for a friend, many years ago. He named her Shelob, and the first batch of crickets we fed her were named Frodo, Samwise, Merry and Pippin. Angel

Based on My experiences, tarantulas seem to mostly eat bugs and then sit still for extended periods of time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
22-05-2016, 09:11 PM
(22-05-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 12:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  Most species of tarantulas are not dangerous to humans, and some species have become popular in the exotic pet trade.

No one has ever died of a tarantula bite as far as we know.

Some bites are like a bee sting.

Most will cause a small skin irritation with their bristles as a warning and prefer to remain peaceful and not bite.

A lot of the fear is hype.

The Brown Recluse on the other hand .... just wants to be left alone.

I'd be happy with tarantulas. Scared up a good sized one in the sink the other day, didn't take the time to identify it 100%, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a wolf spider.

Petty common in these parts but I've lived here most my life and have rarely seen them. Still, with kids running around it's a little unnerving.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-05-2016, 09:13 PM
(22-05-2016 03:18 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I love tarantulas. Heart

We are friends now

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2016, 09:14 PM
(22-05-2016 12:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  Most species of tarantulas are not dangerous to humans, and some species have

Not most, none

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2016, 09:18 PM
They're awesome for roasting if you can get past the irrational psychological barrier and let yourself enjoy it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post