Post 1 thread 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: Post 1 thread 1
Have you heard of the Miracle of the Holy Ass that our favorite teacher has shown us?

If not, here you go:
(03-02-2014 08:32 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Jesus was born in a time where gods and miracle men were a dime a dozen. To make him stand out from among this crowded field, Matthew had to pull out all the stops, hence the "prophecies". Sometimes, the results produced are just plain silly.

Here's one example, Matthew quotes Zechariah during Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem. Zechariah 9:9 says, "Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."

Zechariah was using an old Hebrew poetic trick of parallel phrasing to express the same idea or object. It is clear that he meant only one animal. However, in his zeal to prove that Jesus was indeed the Christ, Matthew says that he literally fulfilled this prophecy. Matthew 21: 4-7 says: "The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them".

Jesus rode on two animals simultaneously! Even more amazing, one was smaller than the other! How do you think he achieved this feat of riding and what should we call this miracle? Since anything Jesus sat on may be considered holy, I previously suggested "The Miracle of the Holy Ass".

Doc

Let the flame wars begin! Clap

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Well I had a post locked already.. Are there any rules here or is it just let the atheist always win?
03-02-2014, 08:30 PM
The better arguments normally win....so you are pretty much screwed.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
03-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(03-02-2014 08:29 PM)Drich Wrote:  Well I had a post locked already.. Are there any rules here or is it just let the atheist always win?

Not that I'm aware of, though you better know your stuff or you'll get ripped apart.
Other than that, just don't be an idiot.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
03-02-2014, 08:37 PM
(03-02-2014 08:29 PM)Drich Wrote:  Well I had a post locked already.. Are there any rules here or is it just let the atheist always win?

I'm sorry, I was going to pm you about that. My bad.

The thread is closed for a while because it devolved into a slagging match and repeated derails. It's closing had nothing to do your OP or the content of most posters or your replies.

If you'd like, you can start another thread or wait for that other thread to be reopened.

Again, I should have pm'd you about this. Real life stuff sometimes can get in the way -- as well as other distractions.

Sincere apologies,
Momsurroundedbyboys

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-02-2014, 08:49 PM
(03-02-2014 08:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The better arguments normally win....so you are pretty much screwed.

Laugh out load what do you know about 'better arguments?' One liners and general obstinance does not an argument make.
03-02-2014, 08:50 PM
(03-02-2014 08:34 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

Not that I'm aware of, though you better know your stuff or you'll get ripped apart.
Other than that, just don't be an idiot.

I'll try and be careful. thanks!
03-02-2014, 08:51 PM
(03-02-2014 12:51 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 12:48 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh dear....

I'd give a warm welcome, but I already know what I'm getting into. Undecided

So I'll just leave ya a welcome instead.

Welcome to TTA!

Good to see you too Dodgy

Welcome!

I find this necessary for the moment:

[Image: NowKissBlackSS.png]
(03-02-2014 08:49 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 08:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The better arguments normally win....so you are pretty much screwed.

Laugh out load what do you know about 'better arguments?' One liners and general obstinance does not an argument make.

Reply to my comment about the Holy Ass. I know it sounds like I'm joking, but it's serious.
That debate will make.

Atir aissom atir imon
(03-02-2014 08:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I'm sorry, I was going to pm you about that. My bad.

The thread is closed for a while because it devolved into a slagging match and repeated derails. It's closing had nothing to do your OP or the content of most posters or your replies.

If you'd like, you can start another thread or wait for that other thread to be reopened.

Again, I should have pm'd you about this. Real life stuff sometimes can get in the way -- as well as other distractions.

Sincere apologies,
Momsurroundedbyboys

no problem I can wait. I don't want you to have to go our of your way. I honestly try and stay with in the parameters of the forum rules. I was just asking if I had broken one.
[+] 1 user Likes Drich's post