Post 1 thread 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Post 1 thread 1
(04-02-2014 10:56 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  You are not doing well. We also don't neg rep people just because they're theists. KC has crazy high rep and to my knowledge does not compromise on his theology but puts himself across intelligently and accepts all of our doubts and counter arguments as legitimate.
i can't speak to your guy. But I have known guys who have been extremely well received by atheists. Why? (Again not your guy) because these guys beliefs do not differ much from your own. Ask your guys what his beliefs are on the hot button stuff. Gay marriage, gay adoption, abortion etc... It is close or the same as your beliefs?

If so these beliefs are probably not reflected in scripture and as such are not supported by the God of the bible. And while your guy may not be compromising his beliefs they would be compromising my own. I can not come here an be liked. Why? Because God said we will not be like as we are strangers in a strange land. We are to be the opposite of everything this world stands for.

Quote:You are getting neg rep because you have set forth a moronic and preposterous diatribe of fundamentalist cosmic babble. Trying to square legitimate, peer tested and proven scientific study with an unfounded disproven catalogue of bronze age mythology. ... I propose that I could take almost any work of fiction and combine it with any legitimate scientific theory and make it sound like theology on surface glance.
oooh oooh oooh how about Star Wars epsoide 5 and global warming. Yes do that one. (Good luck selling global warming on hoth)

Quote:This is all you have done here. You have deluded yourself in to believing your ideas are plausible and shown you will not be moved.
holy crap dude, what are you talking about. this is just my introduction thread. What ideas are you talking about in my introduction thread has spawned the atheist wrap up speach?

[/quote]Therefore engaging you seriously is insulting to ones own intelligence. First of all, you need to prove the truth, accuracy and validity of the Bible before you can use it as a foundation for your *cough* theory? ... Your whole theory is the fundamentalist babblings of a loon with the equivalent quality parallel of hanging a chimpanzees finger painting next to the mona lisa. To reiterate, you are not 'doing well'.
[/quote]let me guess you wanted to tell me off but didn't want a response so you posted this tell of in my intro thread in hopes I would not see it right? Come on tell the truth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 11:57 PM
(04-02-2014 10:53 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 10:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  I don't know what this means

AF.org

Who are you there?yes the one that wants chicken wings instead of a wedding ring.
04-02-2014, 11:58 PM
(04-02-2014 09:48 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:03 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And what sort of delusion makes you think that anyone here actually has a serious "question" for you? Arrogant hubris much?

Hey Drich,
I notice theres two serious questions being asked by the guy who says youre deluded if you think anyone is gonna ask you any questions?
Banana_zorro
He is talking about questions about his fairytale fucking book. Get bent, asshole.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
04-02-2014, 11:59 PM
(04-02-2014 11:57 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 10:53 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  AF.org

Who are you there?yes the one that wants chicken wings instead of a wedding ring.

Man I wish Trich wanted chicken wings instead of a wedding ring we'd still be eating them.
05-02-2014, 12:00 AM
(04-02-2014 09:56 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  LMAO. You actually think you are "doing pretty well here" Mr. Instant -5 ?
You didn't answer the fucking question. Nice try at deflection. I asked you what qualifies you, not what your deluded perceptions are.
There was no Exodus. There was no Adam and Eve in the garden, there actually were no Patriarchs, and there certainly was no Noah. Clearly this Drich idiot has no clue what is well known to archaeologists and scholars.

I agree with you on all of the above Bucky, apart from one thing ...

-6 Drinking Beverage

Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 12:04 AM
(04-02-2014 10:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I hope I don't get in trouble over there for all the pictures of chicken wings I plan to post.

Shy

I don't know what this means

You don't know what anything means.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
05-02-2014, 12:14 AM
(04-02-2014 11:57 PM)Drich Wrote:  the hot button stuff. Gay marriage, gay adoption, abortion etc... It is close or the same as your beliefs?

What is your stance on these ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-02-2014, 12:56 AM
(04-02-2014 09:02 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 05:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So..

If I have a boy and a girl and want to sell them into slavery, remind me, how much does the Bible say I should get for either of them? and how exactly can I go about this God-approved business venture? Consider
If your not an Old Testament Jew you might have some trouble doing that with God's blessing..

Are you familiar with the differences between the old and New Testament?

I could have sworn that it was said that "Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to fail and become void." and that "Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them"
Implying that the words of the Torah (the law) should always be valid and are unchangeable, and that Jesus supported and sought the upholding of the laws within, carrying them into the Christian additions and thus the entirety of what is now the Bible.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-02-2014, 01:39 AM
(05-02-2014 12:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:02 PM)Drich Wrote:  If your not an Old Testament Jew you might have some trouble doing that with God's blessing..

Are you familiar with the differences between the old and New Testament?

I could have sworn that it was said that "Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to fail and become void." and that "Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them"
Implying that the words of the Torah (the law) should always be valid and are unchangeable, and that Jesus supported and sought the upholding of the laws within, carrying them into the Christian additions and thus the entirety of what is now the Bible.

Christians are following the wrong rules. Tongue Consider

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

05-02-2014, 11:53 AM
@DRich, I have a question for you, which forms part of the reason why I favour deism to Christianity. I would be interested to hear your answer to it.

Why would God rely on written words in a book to carry his word to the people of the world?

I'll elaborate a little bit on why I pose this question.

First of all, there is no such thing as an international language. Any word of God published in a book is going to inevitably require translation for most of the people of the world to be able to understand it, and any translation is going to be fallible because it is done by human hands.

Second of all, God knows the skepticism that exists in humankind. Why would he put his word in a book, when humans know that books can be forged and that the words written by other humans can be lies? Wouldn't he trust his word to be conveyed to humans in a way where he knows that humans would be able to know for sure that the word came from God? After all, how do we know that one of the books that slipped into the Bible wasn't the work of a fraud, who tried to pass off his own work as the word of God?

Third, why would God send his message to only some and not all of the people's of the world? By appearing as a man to the Israelites he could certainly pass on his word to them, but why did he not favour the Peruvian natives in the same way? Why would he not bring his word to all the nations of the world, who at that time in history often didn't know of each other's existence at all?

Anyways, I'm interested to know your answer. For me, those questions are part of the reason why I am a deist. I believe that God speaks to man through his creation, the Universe, which constitutes a universal language that is available for everyone to see, cannot be forged and does not require interpretation into any particular human language. We can learn everything we need to know about God through the combination of the intelligence with which he endowed us, the senses he has given us and his word as expressed through the universe that he created.