Post Conspiracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Post Conspiracy
What do you do to recover from paranoia after you spent a couple of years worrying about the NWO or Ilumminati or Reptilians or garbage like that ?

How do you get the attitude out of your system ?
Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2010, 06:35 PM
RE: Post Conspiracy
A good psychiatrist is one way, especially if (s)he has experience in de-brainwashing. Another way is to look into the real story behind these myths and learn the truth. This way you can see that the boogy-man is jusy a snotty-nosed, lying, pipsqueak. Understanding the role that the media plays in perpetuating and spreading these myths, instead of de-bunking them, will give you a better grasp on the huge amount of bullshit that is shovelled at you daily.

If your bullshit detector doesn't go off when: you read three articles in a newspaper or magazine, watch or read a commercial, watch TV for more than five minutes, watch the news for more than two minutes or listen to a consiracy theory for more than 1/100th of a second, it is definitely broken.
10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:How do you get the attitude out of your system ?

[Image: 5744.jpg]

My personal preferred method.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
10-12-2010, 10:12 PM
LOL on the vodka ... laughter helps Big Grin

However , I don't think I need therapy just a technique to stop worrying about everything.
It's like I have a mental allergy or something.
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Try reading "The Bermuda Triangle Solved." I have only seen the copy that I read, so I don't know where you can get it. The author RESEARCHED the Bermuda triangle myth like a good detective on a case. The book ended my belief in the Bermuda triangle, sasquach and yeti, the Loch Ness monster. UFO's and crop cirle myths. By the time I heard of Illuminati, I was ready. As soon as I heard the term I filed under "Garbage Until PROVEN Otherwise."

The "respectable(?)" media is only about 15% accurate. Of the 85% left, some of that is pure bullshit. That is not including rags like The Natiomal Enquirer and such.
11-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:The "respectable(?)" media is only about 15% accurate. Of the 85% left, some of that is pure bullshit. That is not including rags like The Natiomal Enquirer and such.

I actually put more faith in the accuracy of what is reported in The National Enquirer then most other media outlets.

And no, I'm not making a joke here.

11-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Then your opinion of the "respectable media" is a lower than mine, but not by a very large margine.
11-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Could you recommend some documentaries also ? PLZ
The more data the merrier.
11-12-2010, 04:06 PM
(11-12-2010 01:51 PM)No J. Wrote:  Then your opinion of the "respectable media" is a lower than mine, but not by a very large margine.

Perhaps, but I suspect you just greatly underestimate the investigative journalism cred of the National Enquirer. They may focus primarily on the salacious and the sordid but I've never known them to be inaccurate. In fact, they broke the Monica Lewinsky story that lead to Clinton's impeachment trial.

They also have not, to the best of my knowledge, ever sat on a story the way, the New York Times did for a year when they knew that the Bush administration was illegally spying on Americans.

Given the choice between the NYT and TNE I'll take TNE any day of the week.

11-12-2010, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2010 12:19 AM by No J..)
I know almost nothing about the NYT. I remember that I read something in it years ago that turned me off of it and I have not read it since. I didn't consider it to be a respectable magazine after that.
(11-12-2010 03:02 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Could you recommend some documentaries also ? PLZ
The more data the merrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=illu...ORM=VIRE5#