Post Conspiracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2010, 12:48 AM
RE: Post Conspiracy
I used to believe in UFO's, sasquach and the Bermuda Triangle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2010, 09:51 AM
(17-12-2010 12:48 AM)No J. Wrote:  I used to believe in UFO's, sasquach and the Bermuda Triangle.

So did I - except maybe for Sasquatch, I kind of went back and forth on him.

And ghosts. I was a big believer in ghosts and the paranormal. Still sorting through that one.

But as far as big conspiracies go, I can't recall any that I really bought in to, except maybe for this idea that Global Warming is just completely made up, but the scientists don't want you to know that... Blush

Any way, I will echo what No J. said earlier. Now that you realize (or are realizing) how and why your previous beliefs were false or unfounded, you are becoming better equipped to handle future nonsense, and better equipped to act appropriately. The best thing is to continue researching. I find that learning more about psychology and neurology is extremely comforting. Learning why we believe odd things is fascinating and in fact, empowering. You may not have been at fault per se for the things you used to believe, but now you can take the responsible path of learning, becoming educated, and acting as morally as you can. Fact and evidence-based reasoning is just plain awesome!

Many of these feelings will fade, but they might not go away. When I first started to realize that I did not believe in God (specifically Jesus) any more, I spent several days in literal fear that He was going to show up suddenly. I don't know what He was going to do exactly, maybe slap me around some, maybe strike me dead. Of course, I guess that shows that I hadn't exactly let go of that belief...

Here's a link to a great lecture I listened to a while back: Why We Believe in Gods by Andy Thomson. It's about an hour long, but really worth every second, I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMmvu9eMrg

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
17-12-2010, 10:00 AM
(17-12-2010 12:24 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Anyone else ever buy into some conspiracy ?

I don't believe in conspiracies, never have. The idea that a secret can be kept by a large group of people and no one gives it up is completely opposite with everything I've observed about human nature in my 40+ years on this Earth.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Bye bye, Roswell. Tongue
18-12-2010, 02:15 AM
I wonder if i can still watch the X-Files with a straight face now ... Sad
18-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I doubt it, unless you are a good actor. Tongue
18-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:Anyone else ever buy into some conspiracy ?
I remember, that as a little kid I was told to never take an electronical chip into my body 'cause ''it's a mark'' of something. It was my father or some guy from the summer theater in which I used to have little roles. It was also completely clear that the USA is hiding aliens and researching their technology and such... Daddy say, boy believe. Tongue

In Soviet Russia, false is truth.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
19-12-2010, 08:39 AM
(18-12-2010 03:52 PM)Kikko Wrote:  In Soviet Russia, false is truth.

They still have an awesome anthem though Big Grin
29-12-2010, 03:52 AM

(10-12-2010 04:29 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  What do you do to recover from paranoia after you spent a couple of years worrying about the NWO or Ilumminati or Reptilians or garbage like that ?

How do you get the attitude out of your system ?
Huh

My advice is not to take anything too seriously. It’s all too easy these days to get caught up in something. Many people who don’t have a faith in any kind of mainstream god feel that they are perhaps missing something in their lives and need to fill that spiritual gap, and unfortunately get caught up in all kinds of nonsense.

For me it was Area 51 and the whole UFO conspiracy culture. I spent months working all the extra hours to save for a trip to the USA and Nevada so I could go on some kind of Agent Fox Mulder style adventure. So what did I discover when I got out there? NOTHING!
Area 51 is nothing more than a tourist trap in the middle of the Nevada desert. There is a base out at Groom Lake that’s for sure. But all the conspiracy theories surrounding this fabled area called Dreamland are nothing more than unfounded theories.
Yes there are videos with strange objects, and witness accounts but it’s all conjecture if you ask me.

These days I like to sit on the fence and watch everyone else get bogged down with issues, whether it be the NWO, Illuminanti or the Reptilians from V.

Just be yourself
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2010, 04:17 AM
(29-12-2010 03:52 AM)Jason Chapman Wrote:  For me it was Area 51 and the whole UFO conspiracy culture. I spent months working all the extra hours to save for a trip to the USA and Nevada so I could go on some kind of Agent Fox Mulder style adventure. So what did I discover when I got out there? NOTHING!
That was a very appealing aspect of conspiracies , sorry to hear you wasted your heard earned money though.
I'm trying to keep a level head.When someone mentions some conspiracy in a conversation I still get an adrenaline rush to this day.I know it's fake and there's no evidence for it but the "Pavlov's dog" mechanism is still there.