Post Election Thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2012, 08:52 AM
RE: Post Election Thoughts
Another basic necessity the government must provide is the regulation of the market.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 10:52 AM by FZUMedia.)
(11-12-2012 08:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Another basic necessity the government must provide is the regulation of the market.
Yeah, Ebay runs user based trade regulation & DRO and that website has failed big time.
11-12-2012, 02:27 PM
(11-12-2012 10:43 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 08:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Another basic necessity the government must provide is the regulation of the market.
Yeah, Ebay runs user based trade regulation & DRO and that website has failed big time.
Are you aware of the Gilded Age?

I would also never purchase anything from Ebay because I know more than a few people who have been swindled on there.

Poonjab
11-12-2012, 09:04 PM
My post-election thoughts?

I voted for Barack Obama and was happy to see him reelected. Granted, he wasn't my ideal candidate. But I believe he was and still is the only candidate representing the best interests of this country. With that said I find myself confounded by the media circus that is American politics. The problem isn't just Republicans, it's the Tea Party. It doesn't help that Democrats are just as guilty for the economic turmoil we're in and will continue to face. I'd urge both sides to stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Best way to make a difference is if we, the people, demand for the changes we need. And there's the flaw in how our country functions. We, the people, put many of these abysmal politicians in office. Many of us want them there. So we need to focus, one step at a time, in improving our education and encouraging skepticism, rational thought, and humility--by that I mean many people, especially my generation, needs to wake up and realize the world is not entitled to handing us anything for free. We need to work for it. If that means sucking it up and flipping burgers all day, so be it.

If you think Superman is real, comics are historical events,
and a bite from a radioactive spider will give you superpowers,
congratulations! You're on the same playing field as a theist.
12-12-2012, 06:03 AM
(11-12-2012 09:04 PM)TomS Wrote:  My post-election thoughts?

I voted for Barack Obama and was happy to see him reelected. Granted, he wasn't my ideal candidate. But I believe he was and still is the only candidate representing the best interests of this country. With that said I find myself confounded by the media circus that is American politics. The problem isn't just Republicans, it's the Tea Party. It doesn't help that Democrats are just as guilty for the economic turmoil we're in and will continue to face. I'd urge both sides to stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Best way to make a difference is if we, the people, demand for the changes we need. And there's the flaw in how our country functions. We, the people, put many of these abysmal politicians in office. Many of us want them there. So we need to focus, one step at a time, in improving our education and encouraging skepticism, rational thought, and humility--by that I mean many people, especially my generation, needs to wake up and realize the world is not entitled to handing us anything for free. We need to work for it. If that means sucking it up and flipping burgers all day, so be it.
The major problem are the amount of influence corporations have over politicians. Remove or diminish lobbying rights, and your voice will be heard.

Poonjab
13-12-2012, 12:44 PM
(11-12-2012 02:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 10:43 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Yeah, Ebay runs user based trade regulation & DRO and that website has failed big time.
Are you aware of the Gilded Age?

I would also never purchase anything from Ebay because I know more than a few people who have been swindled on there.
Never mind that, you said that economics can not work without state regulation- Ebay is a direct example of how you are wrong, and that it's the most successful eCommerce website in the world and it doesn't rely upon state violence, only user regulation and DRO.