Post Election Thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Post Election Thoughts
For any one interested, I made a few post-election observations...

Link

Also what I think this election (and demographic change) means for the future of the entitlement state in the US.

Link

Cheers, Sean Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
09-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Post Election Thoughts
Wait, there's an entitlement state? I want to move there. Where is it? Tongue

The election was completely about the so-called culture wars. When it boiled down to social security and foreign policy, the two candidates could hardly distinguish themselves. The Group of People Formerly Known as The Moral Majority were intensely conflicted by this election. They can't vote for an African born Muslim, but their only option was a Cultist Mormon who is blood oath bound to do whatever The Apostle of the Mormon Church tells him to do. I almost felt sorry for the little buggers. Almost.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
09-11-2012, 09:33 AM
RE: Post Election Thoughts
Republicans have a tough road to hoe. They are dinosaurs without a doubt - but their positions on core issues will have to be modified if they are to survive as a party - which I think is highly unlikely.

This election is a watershed moment with regard to services the government provides and will provide in the future. Obama's victory all but ensures the Affordable Healthcare Act survives and will be encoded in the fabric of government, alongside Medicare and Social Security - which means Americans will be reliant on these programs in the future. Not a criticism, just an observation. Republicans will need to find new buzz positions to whine about because these issues are a done deal.

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
09-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Agree totally. There was a Republican governor on CNN yesterday. He was drooling about something like "we just needed to be more organized". Besides being insulting to the people who actually voted, he obviously STILL doesn't get it. The paradigm shift Sean speaks of is right on.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-11-2012, 05:14 PM
(09-11-2012 08:55 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  For any one interested, I made a few post-election observations...

"I want to personally thank every one of my fellow citizens for voting yes on Question 6 "

And Question 4, and even Question 7. I'm proud to live in the Free State.

And if you're a gay illegal immigrant who likes to gamble looking for an education, come to Maryland. We'll take care of you. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Thoughts?

[Image: BigBirdFU.jpg]

[Image: KnockKnock.png]

[Image: Canada%20on%20the%20line.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Don't you think it's a little premature to be calling the Republicans dinosaurs who need to change in order to survive?
It's only 2 elections. Romney was a fucking cunt he was bound to lose. BUT Obama hardly had a landslide victory, he won by 3million votes. Yes he kicked ass by 100 electoral votes, but the popularity for the Republicans is still there.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
09-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Muffs - it's not about Obama - it's about demographics. Republicans haven't figured out this thing called the census - it's like the Davinci code...unbreakable for them...lol

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 3 users Like Seasbury's post
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
So has Obama done anything productive yet?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
08-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Post Election Thoughts
He trained some Al Qaedas and sent them to Syria to stir shit up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post