Post Game Prayer 49ers vs Bears Sep 2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Post Game Prayer 49ers vs Bears Sep 2014
[Image: zuo9za.jpg]

... and one more thing, O Lord our saviour and most exalted expeditor, see to it the Anheuser-Busch contract terms are reset no lower than 37% per player as soon as your infinite wisdom guides you to move that along, thank you O Lord, and one more thing ...

Prayer for football, how POE - etic.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Post Game Prayer 49ers vs Bears Sep 2014
I see two opposing teams united in faith. It is kind of cool actually. Speaks to the humanism and invidivduality of the players, and the peaceful nature of competitive sports.

It is somewhat regrettable that atheist don't have an alternative to prayer or worship. Not that I think we need a unifying delusion. There is something powerful about it though, in a purely social and cultural sense.
15-09-2014, 12:20 PM
(15-09-2014 10:39 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I see two opposing teams united in faith. It is kind of cool actually. Speaks to the humanism and invidivduality of the players, and the peaceful nature of competitive sports.

It is somewhat regrettable that atheist don't have an alternative to prayer or worship. Not that I think we need a unifying delusion. There is something powerful about it though, in a purely social and cultural sense.

When I played rugby after the match both teams would head to the local bar together and get smashed. That sure beat a group prayer.
[+] 9 users Like wazzel's post
15-09-2014, 12:28 PM
They're probably praying they don't get busted for doing something stupid -- and get kicked off their team. Or perhaps because they pray, they'll get a free pass to do something really awful.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-09-2014, 02:17 PM
(15-09-2014 12:20 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 10:39 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I see two opposing teams united in faith. It is kind of cool actually. Speaks to the humanism and invidivduality of the players, and the peaceful nature of competitive sports.

When I played rugby after the match both teams would head to the local bar together and get smashed. That sure beat a group prayer.

Exactly - one of my previous local pubs is called 'The Cricketers' for similar reasons...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
15-09-2014, 02:20 PM
(15-09-2014 02:17 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 12:20 PM)wazzel Wrote:  When I played rugby after the match both teams would head to the local bar together and get smashed. That sure beat a group prayer.

Exactly - one of my previous local pubs is called 'The Cricketers' for similar reasons...

Rugby players do not generally have a positive impact on the establishment. Some of us got banned from bars in the town of my university due to post game celebrations.
15-09-2014, 05:37 PM
These displays (well all of it really) make me think what an alien species would think of us and these asinine delusions we've created.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
15-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Well, I suppose it is neat to see players from teams don't hate on each other. From how fans react, you can sometimes forget that the players themselves probably don't have the same fanatic hatred or Xenophobic attitude towards others teams like that.

So, in that regards it's neat I guess. But otherwise, I really don't give a crap.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
15-09-2014, 08:50 PM
(15-09-2014 05:37 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  These displays (well all of it really) make me think what an alien species would think of us and these asinine delusions we've created.

I think they'd be impressed how a few fat guys are so clever asto be able to wrangle so much money and attention for basically doing nothing. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-09-2014, 09:14 PM
It's no wonder God doesn't get around to solving world hunger/poverty, he's too busy answering all these fucktards prayers to help them win the game.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post