Post Mortem
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2011, 06:58 AM
RE: Post Mortem
I hope there are ghosts because I want to come back and haunt a few people, but, unfortunately, I don't think that's happening. I think when we are gone, we are gone.

And, what is wrong with being food for bugs and worms? That is the cycle of life. I think the fact that we embalm people so they can't properly decompose is criminal. Why are we above the laws of nature and her natural cycles? We live, we die, we provide nutrients for the future. That is the way things are supposed to be. It is not something I look forward to and something I hope to avoid for as long as possible, but it is all part of the inevitability of life.

As for what to do with our earthly remains, I think I've said this before but I want to go to one of those body farms or something where they study decomposition or forensic science. Put me on a hill in the sun, let me just rot and stink, and I'm ok with that. I don't need people to visit my corpse or my "final resting place" as I'm not there. I've gone to see visit my grandparents graves in the past and it did not bring me any sense of closure, relief or joy. I remember them well enough and the memories are what is important to me, not their graves.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2011, 09:19 AM
You all have a point and I am currently re-thinking the gost theory, as in there can't be ghosts 'cause there's no soul, but I have a need to believe there is some king of human, yet unhuman energy we leave behind and we just named it wrong.
About us being worm/bug food, I didn't think of cremation. Donating your body to the body farm is also a very good idea.
I think some of you understood me wrong... I'm not scared of death, nor do I wish to be trapped on this planet infinitely. I just find it hard to believe and except that all we do is in vain. We are born, we live a bit (go to school, get married, have kids) and we die. Some of us will live in the memories of those they left behind and some of us will be forgotten before the worms get to your body/the wind spreads the ashes/the corpse decomposes on a body farm in the sake of science. I know it's inevitable to die and all and we can't do anything about it, but I really don't like the circle of life and how it ends.
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2011, 10:16 PM
(07-07-2011 04:55 AM)nontheocrat Wrote:  I see death as nonexistence just like before you were born. For some reason the human mind (at least mine) has trouble comprehending no longer existing, and I do dread it.

Yeah, I think we're supposed to learn not to dread it. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply