Post Your Discussions of the Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 08:16 AM by HappyTiger.)
Post Your Discussions of the Day
Me: So you're saying that morality comes from God?
Theist: God judges what is right and wrong because he is perfect. Humans cannot be perfect.
Me: Who says God is perfect?

Theist: [Rambles on about Irreducible Complexity]
Me: There is a nerve called the laryngeal that runs from the brain to the voice box. You would think: a direct route [physically pointing it out] from the brain to the voice box. However, in mammals, the nerve wraps around the heart and comes back to the voice box. No perfect designer would detour a simple cord like that. Why the nerve travels all the way from the brain and down a giraffe's neck and back, is explainable only by evolution.

Theist: I think gays have the wrong lifestyle. I don't have a problem with them, though.
Me: Is it because of your religion?
Theist: Yes. I admit it, my views are narrow.
[That's when my migraine started.]

Me: Do you think it is healthy for a Muslim to question their religion?
Theist: Why do you ask?
Me: I'm just curious.
Theist: [Rambles on about scripture and knowing the right god.]
Me: You're digressing from the question, is it healthy for Muslims to question their beliefs?
Theist: Yes, but I wanted you to know why I am saying yes. (referring to her scripture rant)
Me: So, what's the difference between Allah and your god?
Theist: I could be wrong, but if Jesus said he is who he is, then I will abide by it.
Me: (thinking: you think?)

Theist: Christianity is a thinking religion.
Me: [Stares at the theist with confusion] Well...

Whoever said Socratic questioning works, you were god damn diggity right! It was a blast!

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply