Post evidence that Assad used chemical weapons here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: Post evidence that Assad used chemical weapons here.
More accusations do not add up to being evidence. Talking heads and government officials repeating the claim doesn't count as evidence.

I am assuming you already believe Assad has used chemical weapons on his people?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 11:39 PM
All those dead babies and children, without a mark on them, did not die from guns or violence.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
27-08-2013, 12:26 AM
(26-08-2013 11:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All those dead babies and children, without a mark on them, did not die from guns or violence.

I think you responded in the wrong thread. This thread is asking for evidence of WHO carried out the attacks.
27-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Doctors without Borders has been cited as the main source in media reports providing the figure that of the 3,600 people who were admitted with "neurotoxic" symptoms in hospitals near the alleged attacks, on the order of 10% died at the hospitals of those apparent symptoms. Presumably others died before getting to the hospital.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/pre...ss-release
Quote: Three hospitals in Syria's Damascus governorate that are supported by the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) have reported to MSF that they received approximately 3,600 patients displaying neurotoxic symptoms in less than three hours on the morning of Wednesday, August 21, 2013. Of those patients, 355 reportedly died. - See more at: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/pre...AgFAq.dpuf

Quote:“MSF can neither scientifically confirm the cause of these symptoms nor establish who is responsible for the attack,” said Dr. Janssens. “However, the reported symptoms of the patients, in addition to the epidemiological pattern of the events—characterized by the massive influx of patients in a short period of time, the origin of the patients, and the contamination of medical and first aid workers—strongly indicate mass exposure to a neurotoxic agent. This would constitute a violation of international humanitarian law, which absolutely prohibits the use of chemical and biological weapons.” - See more at: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/pre...AgFAq.dpuf

This doesn't tell us for sure who used them, but I'm convinced a chemical attack occurred. I trust doctors without borders as a non-political humanitarian group who would report things as they see them, and therefore give their observations more credibility than various governments' claims.
27-08-2013, 01:09 AM
(27-08-2013 12:30 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Doctors without Borders has been cited as the main source in media reports providing the figure that of the 3,600 people who were admitted with "neurotoxic" symptoms in hospitals near the alleged attacks, on the order of 10% died at the hospitals of those apparent symptoms. Presumably others died before getting to the hospital.

Quote: Three hospitals in Syria's Damascus governorate that are supported by the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) have reported to MSF that they received approximately 3,600 patients displaying neurotoxic symptoms in less than three hours on the morning of Wednesday, August 21, 2013. Of those patients, 355 reportedly died. - See more at: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/pre...AgFAq.dpuf

Quote:“MSF can neither scientifically confirm the cause of these symptoms nor establish who is responsible for the attack,” said Dr. Janssens. “However, the reported symptoms of the patients, in addition to the epidemiological pattern of the events—characterized by the massive influx of patients in a short period of time, the origin of the patients, and the contamination of medical and first aid workers—strongly indicate mass exposure to a neurotoxic agent. This would constitute a violation of international humanitarian law, which absolutely prohibits the use of chemical and biological weapons.” - See more at: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/pre...AgFAq.dpuf

This doesn't tell us for sure who used them, but I'm convinced a chemical attack occurred. I trust doctors without borders as a non-political humanitarian group who would report things as they see them, and therefore give their observations more credibility than various governments' claims.

The perpetrators are who? The U.S. Says it is certain that Assad carried out the attacks. Yet no evidence is or will be displayed.
27-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Re: RE: Post evidence that Assad used chemical weapons here.
(27-08-2013 01:09 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(27-08-2013 12:30 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Doctors without Borders has been cited as the main source in media reports providing the figure that of the 3,600 people who were admitted with "neurotoxic" symptoms in hospitals near the alleged attacks, on the order of 10% died at the hospitals of those apparent symptoms. Presumably others died before getting to the hospital.

The perpetrators are who? The U.S. Says it is certain that Assad carried out the attacks. Yet no evidence is or will be displayed.

You argue people and the govs shouldn't just assert claims.

I've looked and not seen any public stance that the US say they're certain Assad used these weapons.

Instead I see articles of John Kerry saying they are without doubt they happened, but don't say it's fit certain Assad. Where's the equal evidence that they claim that.. Which is what you ignored the initial posting of this thread was asking.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-08-2013, 02:00 AM
(27-08-2013 01:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-08-2013 01:09 AM)I and I Wrote:  The perpetrators are who? The U.S. Says it is certain that Assad carried out the attacks. Yet no evidence is or will be displayed.

You argue people and the govs shouldn't just assert claims.

I've looked and not seen any public stance that the US say they're certain Assad used these weapons.

Instead I see articles of John Kerry saying they are without doubt they happened, but don't say it's fit certain Assad. Where's the equal evidence that they claim that.. Which is what you ignored the initial posting of this thread was asking.

Are you saying the U.S. Is not blaming assads military for the the chemical weapons attack?
27-08-2013, 02:52 AM
Re: RE: Post evidence that Assad used chemical weapons here.
(27-08-2013 02:00 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(27-08-2013 01:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You argue people and the govs shouldn't just assert claims.

Are you saying the U.S. Is not blaming assads military for the the chemical weapons attack?

Nope.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-08-2013, 03:35 AM
(27-08-2013 02:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-08-2013 02:00 AM)I and I Wrote:  Are you saying the U.S. Is not blaming assads military for the the chemical weapons attack?

Nope.

Cool. Evidence that assads forces used chemical weapons on its people, post it please.
27-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Bryan, Lying is when you leave out a significant part of an article to make it seem like something totally different.

The press release from doctors without borders mentions that members of doctors without borders is not able to go into Syria. A quote from YOUR link.

"Since 2012, MSF has built a strong and reliable collaboration with medical networks, hospitals and medical points in the Damascus governorate, and has been providing them with drugs, medical equipment and technical support. Due to significant security risks, MSF staff members have not been able to access the facilities."

THERE ARE NO FUCKING DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS STAFF IN OPERATING IN SYRIA.. IT STATES FROM YOUR OWN LINK.........MOTHA FUCKIN BURRRRRN THATS GOTTA HURT.

So there are no "doctors without borders operating in Syria yet they give supplies to and maintain in contact with doctors operating on the rebel side, meaning...the shit doctors without borders reports is pure hearsay at this point.

Remember when real atheists wanted proof?