Post here and I will give you my honest opinion of you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Post here and I will give you my honest opinion of you.
Magoo

The fact that you have a forum catchphrase says enough about you and your likability.

You're known as a fun, goofy, witty jokester... always quipping with a piece of humor just at the right time.

So, it's a little rattling when I see you participate in serious atheistic/theistic conversation, and even more rattling is the fact that you know what you're talking about and can hold your own.

I've learned that you're not just a one dimensional "lol Magoo", but you're actually very well rounded and an overall cool dude.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
22-10-2012, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2012 09:57 AM by DLJ.)
This is a comment for any new members who might be reading.
If you are not reading... then... um... anyway...

When I joined, I had never been on any kind of forum before (I'd had some threeums and a fivum but no forums), I'd kinda stumbled in here by accident while looking for a missing sock.

Being averagely good-lurking, I lurked for a while and read some old and live threads to see what the etiquette might be (didn't find much of that) and threw in the odd (occasional / peculiar) post, dabbling my toes to test the water.

I could tell that there were many on-going, well-established and largely convivial relationships. I felt a little like I was intruding.
It was not cliquey exactly, just... well... have you ever joined a club or gone to a party were everyone else knows each other? Then you realise that your hosts are plastered and everyone is getting more and more friendly as they border upon inebriation? Yeah? It was a bit like that.

So I joined in.

I didn't even intro myself, I just figured that if people wanted to know me, they would ask and if they didn't want to, so what?

(By the way, 'cos I never did an intro, I'm 1.93m tall, 75kg, used to play full-back for Wales, hung like... ah, who am I kidding)

To the point...
This thread was what I needed. It was like somewhere between reading the speakers' biographies before having to introduce them at a conference and reading the cast list of a play you are about to see (more the latter, really).

Of course, you have to read between the lines. KC is going to be very nice about everyone when he obviously despises most of us (you can almost hear the sound of his gritted teeth) but you'll be able to pick up lots of clues about our personalities (hint: mainly insecurity and self-loathing).

But give it a try. Hey! It could be worse... imagine what this thread would be like it the Terse and Deadly one was giving his opinion!

:shudders:

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
22-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Do me please...

You can interpret that sentence in anyway you want

[Image: opforum1.png]
22-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Ha! Thanks for the kind words. I don't know how well versed I really am, but thanks anyway Big Grin

22-10-2012, 12:39 PM
frankiej

You started here with a blast! You are a super poster. You're hilarious and a formidable foe for any theist. Smile

I like how versatile you are in your overall knowledge of stuff, and your sense of humor. Likewise, you also have a great skill of keeping the peace... a much desired trait of anyone of any belief.

22-10-2012, 12:52 PM
[Image: AwShucks.gif]

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
22-10-2012, 12:59 PM
That reminds me, I should really rep frankie one of these days Consider It takes me a long time to rep someone back.
22-10-2012, 01:00 PM
(22-10-2012 09:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  DLJ #2

You've become a very enjoyable poster. You make me laugh... a lot. The cool thing about you, though, is that you can also participate in theological conversations; moreover, you can present biting condemnations without sounding mean. This is a tool that many people don't have.

It's really easy to see what you're one of the forum favorites.

Huh? Did I miss an opinion poll?

And what, may I politely ask, did you not understand about "I'm not going to tempt fate, this time."

But thanks for the kind words.

With that now out of the way, where's that god-unforsaken brother of yours... i i i i it's show-time!

It was a secret poll. KC let the cat out of the bag. Nice goin', KC. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2012, 01:04 PM
(22-10-2012 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 09:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Huh? Did I miss an opinion poll?

And what, may I politely ask, did you not understand about "I'm not going to tempt fate, this time."

But thanks for the kind words.

With that now out of the way, where's that god-unforsaken brother of yours... i i i i it's show-time!

It was a secret poll. KC let the cat out of the bag. Nice goin', KC. Angry

Well crap.

Time to flay me.

22-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Way back when I first joined you reserved your opinion of me but were trying to remain open-minded after my dustup with GermanyT...so where do I stand now?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy