Post here and I will give you my honest opinion of you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Post here and I will give you my honest opinion of you.
LadyJane

Things between us have remained steady and pretty unchanging. I've always appreciated the gentle yet firm way you approach conflict when it arises on the board.

Our friendship has been somewhat superficial for whatever reason... it seems we only scratch the surface between each other. I'm not sure if it's conscious or not... or if it's because we think that we might offend the other... and we don't want that because we hold each other in high regard?

I'm not sure. Regardless, though... you're a staple here... and people love you and will always love you.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
18-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Hey, remember that time the teenagers on TTA showed some self control? Oh...wait.

Sorry KC, hate to see your thread derailed. Don't bother with your opinion on me though. What the fuck do I care what a Calvinist thinks?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-07-2013, 03:06 PM
(18-07-2013 03:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hey, remember that time the teenagers on TTA showed some self control? Oh...wait.

Sorry KC, hate to see your thread derailed. Don't bother with your opinion on me though. What the fuck do I care what a Calvinist thinks?

Evidently someone woke up on the wrong side of the bongDrinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
18-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Momsurroundedbyboys

Like I said in my other thread, I see you as *gasp* a mother figure. You have a loving spirit, and you want to take care of us.

We have engaged a little bit of theology, but I don't know if you felt comfortable talking with me about it. I think you may have thought that you might offend me; regardless, of whether or not I'm a Christian on an atheist forum. I think you cared too much about my feelings to ever push the subject very far.

I don't think any amount of me telling you it's "all right" will ever get you comfortable talking with me about my Christianity - in depth - the way others have.

And, that's okay Smile

18-07-2013, 03:08 PM
(17-07-2013 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Would you like to update this?

(05-04-2012 08:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Chas

Well, well, well.

Where do I begin?

Chas.

Heh... no really, what can I say?

We both joined the site almost at the same time. When I started posting we immediately bump heads. You were relentless towards me, and I was stalwart. We argued. We fought. We even negged each other.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed. I think you finally accepted that I was changing, and I wasn't here to change you. Soon, we started to find our common ground and actually agreed upon several things. Now, I think, we have a friendship that is birthed from constant battling.

It reminds me of high school football. When I was in high school, our arch enemy was Redemptorist High School. They were our Catholic counterparts (I went to a Baptist school), and we were taught that they were the enemy from very early on. After years and years of playing the same guys from Redemptorist, players from the teams started to become friends. Out of competition, friendship and mutual respect was birthed.

I think that's where we are.

Now, I still think you were unnecessarily mean and trollish towards me at the beginning, but all of that is water under the bridge.

You are rational and insightful in your posts, and I can appreciate this as well.

Somewhat, I suppose. It's still pretty right on. I just think things are more mellow now. You and I have a mutual friendship based on respect and understanding.

18-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Anjele

Still about the same. My opinion of you has remained constant. You are still as nice and caring as ever. Sometimes that plays against you because you do care so much for others and their feelings... in that, you become emotionally involved.

But, I can't actually say that's a negative. I just don't like seeing you get hurt over certain situations.

18-07-2013, 03:12 PM
(18-07-2013 03:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Would you like to update this?

Somewhat, I suppose. It's still pretty right on. I just think things are more mellow now. You and I have a mutual friendship based on respect and understanding.

No need for an update. We're cool, you delusional Calvinist. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
18-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Kingsy... still a Christian after all this time... apart from at April fools Angry Still a fun guy... Hang on he's an admin too... Jesus... Turned into a friend for a lot of us. I guess that's why he stuck around instead of leaving like most Christians do... but even so... it must be odd being the only guy who takes this religion stuff as something more than fabrication... Still, got a nice wife and kids whom he's obviously proud of, sense of humour, engaging style, empathy... a good reminder that while fundamentally crazy those woo believers (some of them) are not so different from us...

^ Just thought you might like a bit of assessment thrown back atcha Wink Not that you don't get plenty anyway from your admiring fans Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Logisch

My opinion of you has remained fairly consistent as well. We've always gotten along. We've had our discussions... we had a little talking on Skype... overall nothing bad. Except maybe that we need some more interactions. I don't know if it's you that's been scarce or me, but it seems like you and I haven't talked in a good while.

19-07-2013, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 01:36 PM by kingschosen.)
Atothetheist

Over the past couple of weeks, I've made it evident what I think of you. You have drastically matured over the past year. You are an impressive young man. You have your flaws, yes... but so does everyone.

I see a lot of myself in you. Your idealism. I was very much like you are. As I've gotten older, though, my absolute idealism has waned... not saying that's right or wrong or saying that you'll do the same... just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if you lightened your views later on in life.

Your determination is impressive and useful. You show empathy and wisdom in situations... keep doing that. You learn by experience. You've actually learned a lot over the past month or so.