Post kids career change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Post kids career change
(05-09-2014 01:11 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 12:14 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm just happy to know I'm not alone in feeling burnt out in my career. Not that it's much of a career. In retrospect I don't even feel as though I chose it. It was a path of necessity. The most school I had the time or money for was a trade school. The rest was just whatever work was at hand and paid the bills. None of this is what I would have chosen for myself. It's all for the family's needs.

But, I've spent so many years stifling my "dreams" I'm not sure I have any now. I guess I shouldn't be embarrassed that I no longer want to be lead singer in a band at my age. So there's that...
I hear you. I felt somewhat pushed to my field. There were always expectations I was going to be an engineer since I was good at math and science. I really wanted a career in music. I played 7 instruments before I was out of high school. I ended up in mech engineering, partially due to the pressure and partially from the fear of not being able to make it on a musicians pay.

Can I be part of your dream as the bassist? I did get close. When I lived in Columbia, SC the band I was in cut a demo and we got picked up by one of the local stations for a while. Hearing yourself on the radio for the first time is an experience I will never forget.

It's a plan. Let's call ourselves The Fallback Position?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
05-09-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Post kids career change
(03-09-2014 09:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  I changed directions many times, often jumped to totally unrelated careers.

Variety is the spice of life!

This

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply