Post ur story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Post ur story
I thought it would be interesting to read about peoples' stories on how they ended up an atheist. I know it's a big life event for most people but please **keep it as brief as possible** to make the thread an easy read.

I'll start:

I was brought up catholic and believed in the bible until about age 12. I then struggled with the concept of free will. A few years later I ditched the bible as truth, and thought I was Jewish, which turned out to be deism. I then started to struggle with why a god would allow vast starvation and poverty (amongst other things). Then I realized I fell into the agnostic p.o.v.; can't possibly know. Then I realized that, by logic, I must be an atheist. I was hesitant to identify will the label "atheist" until about 20. At that point I was like, fuck it, "Atheist" is an accurate label, despite the negative misunderstandings.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Post ur story
I think there is a deconversion thread.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
Post ur story
Shit!!

I just realized there's already a thread titled "share your de-conversion story" use that one (I'm going to copy/paste mine)

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Post ur story
(01-09-2015 09:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think there is a deconversion thread.

^^yup my apologies

01-09-2015, 09:11 PM
(01-09-2015 09:10 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Shit!!

I just realized there's already a thread titled "share your de-conversion story" use that one (I'm going to copy/paste mine)

Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
01-09-2015, 09:12 PM
(01-09-2015 09:10 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 09:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think there is a deconversion thread.

^^yup my apologies

No worries--it happens sometimes on here. Plus, it was a good idea--even if you didn't think of it first Big Grin