Post your favorite website!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Post your favorite website!
I don't really have a favorite website. I bounce around from place to place. I tend to go on binges watching stuff for a while and then I go onto something else.

Here's what happened yesterday.

I was looking up the opera The Little Match Girl (don't ask why) and it got me looking for the source of the story. I immediately thought of Charles Dickens but it turned out to be a Hans Christian Anderson story about a little who dies in the freezing cold selling matches. It's a very sad story.

Then I remembered an old song called Artificial Flowers which is the same story except the little girl sells paper flowers and freezes to death. It was a Bobby Darin song so I found a youtube version of Artificial Flowers and read about where that song came from. Then I got sidetracked and went on a Bobby Darin binge for a few hours. Mack the Knife, Beyond the Sea, If I Were a Carpenter and then I read about his heart condition that killed him at the age of 39 and read the story of him finding out his grandmother was really his mother and well....that was pretty interesting.

Today I'm watching videos of the amazing ballet dancer Sylvie Guillem.

So that's what I do.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post