Post your hot ride or whatever you're into

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: Post your hot ride or whatever you're into
Nice board BB, is that a tri fin swallow tail ?

I had a America, twin fin diamond tail as a teenager.... wish I had gotten any good at it.. I got tired of drowing. Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
03-02-2014, 10:06 AM
(03-02-2014 09:58 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 09:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The pit I'm building will be above ground (cinder block and brick). I've done a couple hogs in the ground (wrapped and buried with coals) but never had the chance on a proper spit. I am jealous!

Oh, and I figure WH will be cool, since we ARE talking about hogs! Wink

LOL

Yeah - I was kinda waiting on him to kill me since I said "motorcycles".
But........he let me live.
Cool

You guys are funny, like I said, post up whatever things you get into (hope Muffboy doesnt see this thread Tongue ) never know what he'll post Blink .

I get into many things in life that dont revolve around bikes, that just still happens to be my first love.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
03-02-2014, 10:27 AM
(03-02-2014 10:00 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Nice board BB, is that a tri fin swallow tail ?

I had a America, twin fin diamond tail as a teenager.... wish I had gotten any good at it.. I got tired of drowing. Blush

It's a quad fin. They have improved them a little.
http://www.islesurfboards.com/fish-surfboards.aspx

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-02-2014, 12:07 PM
This is my baby right here. The image stabilization is dreamy and everything about running it is super logical... my favourite camera I own (I've got many film and Dslrs).

[Image: PentK5_zps9bc5d8c6.jpg]

I have lenses to match (Love Pentax for this, lens' mounts are very compatible between series- upgraded my camera three times and I've never had to replace my 50mm) but this is my favourite. I've never used it for work, but it's a lot of fun on a road trip. It's a Pentax knock-off from Russia. The same store sells sniper riffles and spy glass, ha ha. It's pretty good bang for the buck as far as a fish-eye goes.

[Image: PentRussFE_zpsb8b50b35.jpg]

This is an orchid passed on to me from Grandma and Grandpa. It didn't bloom for a long time until it was in my hands. Cool This year has been the biggest blossom, a fine art of perfect nurture and stress. The stem first appeared in late August 2013. This week it is in full bloom minus one bud left. The massive amounts of energy to produce this is amazing, the blossom is so heavy.

[Image: PLJ_2731BampW_zps561776b4.jpg]

[Image: PLJ_2762_zps634b5806.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post
03-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I expect some space pictures Logisch...not just cars!

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
03-02-2014, 12:23 PM
(03-02-2014 12:07 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  This is my baby right here. The image stabilization is dreamy and everything about running it is super logical... my favourite camera I own (I've got many film and Dslrs).

[Image: PentK5_zps9bc5d8c6.jpg]

I have lenses to match (Love Pentax for this, lens' mounts are very compatible between series- upgraded my camera three times and I've never had to replace my 50mm) but this is my favourite. I've never used it for work, but it's a lot of fun on a road trip. It's a Pentax knock-off from Russia. The same store sells sniper riffles and spy glass, ha ha. It's pretty good bang for the buck as far as a fish-eye goes.

[Image: PentRussFE_zpsb8b50b35.jpg]

This is an orchid passed on to me from Grandma and Grandpa. It didn't bloom for a long time until it was in my hands. Cool This year has been the biggest blossom, a fine art of perfect nurture and stress. The stem first appeared in late August 2013. This week it is in full bloom minus one bud left. The massive amounts of energy to produce this is amazing, the blossom is so heavy.

[Image: PLJ_2731BampW_zps561776b4.jpg]

[Image: PLJ_2762_zps634b5806.jpg]

Finally! Someone to answer my orchid questions!

I rescued one from my mom, but really don't know what I'm doing. We'll have to start either a thread or a PM.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Nice camera LJ, I really like the close up of the blossom Thumbsup

Pentax has always made very good cameras, I used to have a old KM that took 35mm film, but I never tried out a digital, I bet they're tops tho.
03-02-2014, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 12:37 PM by War Horse.)
(03-02-2014 12:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Finally! Someone to answer my orchid questions!

I rescued one from my mom, but really don't know what I'm doing. We'll have to start either a thread or a PM.

Why not talk about it in here ? I would be interested, just to get some insight how those are kept and grown.

I think it goes along the premise of the thread.
03-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Bucky, was that an M3? Also, I hear the 4 Series will supplant the 3 Series, is that true?

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2014, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 12:54 AM by LadyJane.)
(03-02-2014 12:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Finally! Someone to answer my orchid questions!

What does it look like currently?

I have another one I am fixing right now. Its roots were water logged in that crappy moss that stores sell orchids in. It's better to get bark. I believe fir and pine are favourites among enthusiasts, the one in my blooming orchid in the photos is in a cedar I think... I'd have to double check though. Definitely stick to a coniferous variety.

Never water an orchid like you do a house plant. They go strictly off humidity. The one I am fixing right now has a new shoot off itself with a new root system because it was so water logged. Its shoot is up higher because it's trying to get away from the wet, lol. I have to cut it and see if I can make both work. I water a cup full every 1-2 weeks depending on the time of year and how dry it is. I trickle the water over the root system and it drains down to the tray below and sits for a few days. I dry it out completely before repeating cycle, and occasionally even a bit of a stretch (to stress it only so much).

For light, diffused (not direct, but not too dark) is best.

For temperature, I've never fused but some say warmer is better (I'm sure there are charts online). I've read not to move them too much, but I move mine all the time, so meh.

That's really all I've done and it seems to be the thing that worked perfectly for this orchid. I've had it for 4 years. It was dormant for 3 before in my hands. The first bloom was only about 5 flowers, this last one has 27. Yeahhhh!

Post a photo of your orchid currently... I'll post the one I am working on, it's pretty interesting.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post