Post your hot ride or whatever you're into

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: Post your hot ride or whatever you're into
(03-02-2014 12:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Nice camera LJ, I really like the close up of the blossom Thumbsup

Pentax has always made very good cameras, I used to have a old KM that took 35mm film, but I never tried out a digital, I bet they're tops tho.

Thanks!

That's funny, I have the K1000. It came just after the KM and I think it's what launched the Pentax brand. I used that to apprentice under a photographer and it was stolen by some meth junkies that broke into my house (they stole the car too and turned it into a meth lab, ha ha). I was so miffed though, it was in perfect condition with an awesome lens set (I acquired it long after they stopped making it). I recently got this camera body again, but the meter is broken on it.

Pentax digital was behind for awhile and I was about to switch over (plus lenses, would have been pricey for me)... but just like history with them, they're fashionably late with real quality. In my opinion. Wink

Actually, Canada has used a lot of their imaging systems in radiology for X-ray and ultrasound and things, which is pretty cool.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 07:01 AM
(04-02-2014 12:32 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 12:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Nice camera LJ, I really like the close up of the blossom Thumbsup

Pentax has always made very good cameras, I used to have a old KM that took 35mm film, but I never tried out a digital, I bet they're tops tho.

Thanks!

That's funny, I have the K1000. It came just after the KM and I think it's what launched the Pentax brand. I used that to apprentice under a photographer and it was stolen by some meth junkies that broke into my house (they stole the car too and turned it into a meth lab, ha ha). I was so miffed though, it was in perfect condition with an awesome lens set (I acquired it long after they stopped making it). I recently got this camera body again, but the meter is broken on it.

Pentax digital was behind for awhile and I was about to switch over (plus lenses, would have been pricey for me)... but just like history with them, they're fashionably late with real quality. In my opinion. Wink

Actually, Canada has used a lot of their imaging systems in radiology for X-ray and ultrasound and things, which is pretty cool.

This is what launched the Pentax brand in North America.
[Image: 1964.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Here's my hot ride. Fear me on the roads. Evil_monster

[Image: MyBMW.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Mmmmm BMW. Yummy.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
04-02-2014, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 09:27 AM by WitchSabrina.)
(04-02-2014 08:05 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Mmmmm BMW. Yummy.

*scoff* my shiny new volvo is sexier......... but it's a close second that Beemer.

Tongue
Is it weird that my new Volvo and your Beemer look so similar? Wow did someone copy someone else's car body style ? *blink blink* lol

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load
04-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Digging through some old photo albums and notice I have enough pictures for a heck of a story book.

Anyway, here are some of Starship 2, the predecessor to the T-bird. This was a 1966 Dodge Dart, with a big block Ford drive train (mid mount engine).
People called it a "Fart" . Tongue

[Image: sc0000_zps67a79acf.jpg]

[Image: sc0001_zpse9a2d30e.jpg]
04-02-2014, 09:22 AM
And an 1967 Couger I restored.... what a nightmare that one was.

[Image: sc0003_zps6a3ce236.jpg]

An oldie of the wife and myself.

[Image: sc0002_zpsb04abe92.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
04-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Oh. My. Shit. I want that cougar......the car, not the wife.

(Although both look pretty hot! Thumbsup )

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-02-2014, 10:02 AM
(04-02-2014 09:25 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh. My. Shit. I want that cougar......the car, not the wife.

(Although both look pretty hot! Thumbsup )

I traded the Cougar for a 1978 Ranchero, you wouldnt have really wanted that one(the Cougar), there was probably 2 gallons of bondo on it, and it had the crappy 351 Windsor engine in it.

It did look good tho, and I made out OK on the trade.
04-02-2014, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 10:29 AM by Stark Raving.)
It's nostalgia for me. The first time I ever really felt the rumble of a muscle car was when my dad had his cougar. All I know is it was a Cougar, it was red, it made my chest vibrate, and it went faster than anything else in the universe.

I was probably around five years old.

EDIT: oh, and it was a '75. I remember cuz we were the same age (me and the car).

Looked like this....in fact that pic is exactly the way I see it in my memory. Almost exaggerated in the front like seeing it through a fish eye.

[Image: 1975-mercury-cougar-xr7-hardtop-coupe.html]

Just visiting.

-SR