Post your hot ride or whatever you're into

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: Post your hot ride or whatever you're into
(04-02-2014 10:19 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It's nostalgia for me. The first time I ever really felt the rumble of a muscle car was when my dad had his cougar. All I know is it was a Cougar, it was red, it made my chest vibrate, and it went faster than anything else in the universe.

I was probably around five years old.

EDIT: oh, and it was a '75. I remember cuz we were the same age (me and the car).

Looked like this....in fact that pic is exactly the way I see it in my memory. Almost exaggerated in the front like seeing it through a fish eye.

[Image: 1975-mercury-cougar-xr7-hardtop-coupe.html]

Pic didnt open up for me,SR. Not sure why this happens so much in here.

But, yeah, the Cougars were a neat car and if you got one with a Cleveland 351 and stick, they hauled ass.

Back story on the one in my pics, is that I built a H-D engine for a guy that owed me money on the job. He didnt have the money, but worked as a wrecker driver and had this car to give me for the remainder of what he owed.

It was in sad shape, no floor pans left and the cowl was rotted out to, the engine needed a rebuild and brakes all around. The interior was trash, so I took the old interior out of the '66 Dodge drag car and put it in the Cougar, did a quick dye job on the complete interior and a paint job.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard that kept it to long. Tho I did see it about a year later at the drag strip and the then new owner was cussing it bad, as it only ran a 17 second pass. I didnt talk to him to much other than to tell him the engine was a stock cheapy kit rebuild, since I had done it, I gave him the specs and left.... he wasnt happy, but then again it wasnt me that sold him the car, it was the guy I traded for the Ranchero.

Still looked OK at that time. Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
04-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Good grief, this thread has now got me going though boxes/years of old photos and scanning them into digital form. Hobo

Anyway, I found these of the Cougar before any work got done, and yes, thats lawn you see where the floor should be.

[Image: sc0000_zps85cf1970.jpg]

[Image: sc0001_zpse46863fc.jpg]

The 1977 Ranchero (got the year wrong before), I traded the Cougar for

[Image: sc0002_zps7c275ee1.jpg]

Hey guys, if I'm driving you nuts here , let me know. I know I can get a bit caught up in this type of thing and bore the shit out of people that arent into the cars and bike stuff.
04-02-2014, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 12:38 PM by kellyrm.)
I was going through this thread and enjoyed all the pics Smile Figured I'd throw some kinda cute estrogen-esque pic in here just in case you were driving people nuts with all your boy toys Tongue
[Image: funny-cute-cat-picture.jpg]

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 2 users Like kellyrm's post
04-02-2014, 12:38 PM
(04-02-2014 12:33 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  [Image: th_zpsc36744fd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0]

I was going through this thread and enjoyed all the pics Smile Figured I'd throw some kinda cute estrogen-esque pic in here just in case you were driving people nuts with all your boy toys Tongue

Damn , your picture didnt show up either Kelly, I'm beginning to get a conspiracy complex with all the pics I cant see. Weeping
04-02-2014, 12:39 PM
(04-02-2014 12:38 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:33 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  [Image: th_zpsc36744fd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0]

Damn , your picture didnt show up either Kelly, I'm beginning to get a conspiracy complex with all the pics I cant see. Weeping

not a conspiracy...mine was just a case of my head being a bit too far up my ass...all is fixed now, though not the pic I had tried to put there at first Sad

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Awwwww , thats soooo cute. Thumbsup < (did I do that right ?) Tongue
04-02-2014, 12:55 PM
(04-02-2014 12:43 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Awwwww , thats soooo cute. Thumbsup < (did I do that right ?) Tongue

LMAO yes you did...now you can carry on with your man's man stuff Smile Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
04-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Blush

[Image: 001_zps2f1cfe8b.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
04-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Well I did have a little 250cc crotchrocket, but it got stolen last November.

[Image: kawasaki_ninja_250r_2011_-putih.jpg]

Same colour.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
04-02-2014, 05:35 PM
[Image: Trike2.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post