Post your hypocritical Theist WTF??! moment story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Post your hypocritical Theist WTF??! moment story
(18-06-2016 05:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 01:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  The bit that I can't stand is when people are so deep into religion that they start talking about how they should dress nicely "to not be a stumbling block" and all that bullshit. That's when you know that they're faaar down the rabbit hole. They are so mind-fucked that they're prepared to give up their own basic desires - to dress up or to play around and drink a beer on occasion, or God forbid, to kiss someone under the stars... That's sad.

Is "to kiss someone under the stars" a euphemism for oral sex?

Because, if not, it should be!

Bro, until you've gone out on a cold night under a moonless sky with the Milky Way blazing overhead and had a damn good smooch, don't go making euphemisms. The real deal is pretty fuckin' awesome Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
19-06-2016, 01:51 PM
(19-06-2016 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 05:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Is "to kiss someone under the stars" a euphemism for oral sex?

Because, if not, it should be!

Bro, until you've gone out on a cold night under a moonless sky with the Milky Way blazing overhead and had a damn good smooch, don't go making euphemisms. The real deal is pretty fuckin' awesome Tongue

One of my favorite things in the world is to drive out to the darkest, most remote place I can find with a good view and park the car, put a sleeping bag on the hood, and get in with my Beloved to watch meteor showers and smooch. You're totally right. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
19-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Awwww you guys are so romantic! *swoon* Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-06-2016, 02:21 PM
(19-06-2016 01:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bro, until you've gone out on a cold night under a moonless sky with the Milky Way blazing overhead and had a damn good smooch, don't go making euphemisms. The real deal is pretty fuckin' awesome Tongue

One of my favorite things in the world is to drive out to the darkest, most remote place I can find with a good view and park the car, put a sleeping bag on the hood, and get in with my Beloved to watch meteor showers and smooch. You're totally right. Smile

You and Morondog are right about watching the sky like that. Sometimes, since moving here, I go down by the lake and just look up at the stars, because it's the darkest part of the area.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
19-06-2016, 02:29 PM
(18-06-2016 11:35 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I understand. Credit them with attempting to break their minds free of the shackles of literalism, and to understand science as a better source for knowledge than revelations/visions handed to us by prophets and priests.

And keep pointing out where they should focus harder on applying their capacity for reason, of course. Smile
To me, theistic evolution has a strong ring of pseudoscience to it. That's where I kind of "respect" a creationist, if only for honesty.

When going to a Christian school I was taught that it is all either the truth or all lies. I cannot imagine it being somewhere in between and since it is easily provable to not be all truth it is then all lies to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
21-06-2016, 08:35 AM
I always find it weird when Christians who use free will as an explanation for the problem of evil thank God for events that are 100% caused by human activity. Similarly, I find it weird when they pray for leaders for things like wisdom and guidance.

Either that wisdom and guidance is going to have an effect on the person's decision, or it won't. If it doesn't, it was meaningless. If it does, then God effectively tipped the scales and made the decision for the person.

Compatibilism is one of the weirdest hand waves/bullet dodges in theology, and you see its faults every time a believer says things like this.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
21-06-2016, 02:34 PM
(18-06-2016 11:35 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I understand. Credit them with attempting to break their minds free of the shackles of literalism, and to understand science as a better source for knowledge than revelations/visions handed to us by prophets and priests.

And keep pointing out where they should focus harder on applying their capacity for reason, of course. Smile
To me, theistic evolution has a strong ring of pseudoscience to it. That's where I kind of "respect" a creationist, if only for honesty.

What... how?

TE/EC = believes everything an atheist believes except that God kickstarted/actively controls evolution. How is that pseudoscience? The difference between a TE/EC and an atheist has nothing to do with science.

The single difference is that the theist answers the question, "But, what came before?" with "God", whereas the atheist says "I don't know."

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-06-2016, 02:41 PM
(21-06-2016 02:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The single difference is that the theist answers the question, "But, what came before?" with "Bob", whereas the atheist says "I don't know."

fix't it for ya.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2016, 10:15 AM
(21-06-2016 02:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:35 AM)tomilay Wrote:  To me, theistic evolution has a strong ring of pseudoscience to it. That's where I kind of "respect" a creationist, if only for honesty.

What... how?

TE/EC = believes everything an atheist believes except that God kickstarted/actively controls evolution. How is that pseudoscience? The difference between a TE/EC and an atheist has nothing to do with science.

The single difference is that the theist answers the question, "But, what came before?" with "God", whereas the atheist says "I don't know."

It is pseudoscience because there is absolutely no evidence for it and no need of that hypothesis.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user