Poster Of The Year

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Poster Of The Year
(23-12-2014 10:12 AM)Free Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 10:00 AM)pablo Wrote:  I find it hard to believe that the single best post of the entire year happened in the last two weeks.

he's got over 30 "likes" in a single post. The reason for that is that it is quite excellent in content and delivery.

I have one of those.

But, alas... 2012. Ye came and went.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 10:34 AM by pablo.)
(23-12-2014 10:12 AM)Free Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 10:00 AM)pablo Wrote:  I find it hard to believe that the single best post of the entire year happened in the last two weeks.

he's got over 30 "likes" in a single post. The reason for that is that it is quite excellent in content and delivery.

I get that, one of those likes is probably from me.
I just wonder how deep you looked into every other post from this year.
There are lots -o- dem. Big Grin
23-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Whatever happened to being able to sort by "likes" for posts?

Edit: not that the most liked automatically wins but rather for a starting point.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-12-2014, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 10:23 AM by Free.)
(23-12-2014 10:16 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 10:12 AM)Free Wrote:  he's got over 30 "likes" in a single post. The reason for that is that it is quite excellent in content and delivery.

I get that, one of those likes is probably from me.
I just wonder how deep you looked into every other post from this year.
Thete ate lots -o- dem. Big Grin

I actually did look around quite a bit. There are some excellent ones, especially ones that made me laugh my ass off. Earmuffs cracks me up. He was second on my list for humor alone. here's his post:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid695317

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
23-12-2014, 10:26 AM
(23-12-2014 09:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think this is stupid and will turn into a thread of "I liked this post from this person" thus defeating the purpose of "poster" (singular) of the year.

And also, if you seriously think that someone who I've never seen before, signed up almost a year and a half ago and only has 400ish posts (meaning he's not active), than you're a fucking idiot.

Maybe if someone gives you an award you stop whining? Smile
23-12-2014, 10:28 AM
(23-12-2014 10:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Whatever happened to being able to sort by "likes" for posts?

Edit: not that the most liked automatically wins but rather for a starting point.

That's an excellent idea.

Thumbsup

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
23-12-2014, 05:08 PM
(23-12-2014 10:26 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think this is stupid and will turn into a thread of "I liked this post from this person" thus defeating the purpose of "poster" (singular) of the year.

And also, if you seriously think that someone who I've never seen before, signed up almost a year and a half ago and only has 400ish posts (meaning he's not active), than you're a fucking idiot.

Maybe if someone gives you an award you stop whining? Smile

I never stop whinning son.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-12-2014, 05:29 PM
(23-12-2014 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 10:26 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Maybe if someone gives you an award you stop whining? Smile

I never stop whinning son.

And the winner for TTA’s 2014 Most Obvious Post goes to...

(opening envelope)

(crowd hushes)

Ear Muffs for “I never stop whining son.”

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-12-2014, 06:00 PM
(23-12-2014 10:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 10:12 AM)Free Wrote:  he's got over 30 "likes" in a single post. The reason for that is that it is quite excellent in content and delivery.

I have one of those.

But, alas... 2012. Ye came and went.

Pfft - I have one with 36 likes and it was this year. here

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-12-2014, 06:54 PM
(23-12-2014 09:32 AM)Free Wrote:  Many of the members here have made some remarkable posts this year, and I would like to get your views on who we should vote in as "Poster of the Year" based upon a single post. Perhaps we can start some yearly tradition?

My vote goes to Dark Phoenix for his post to Gordon at the following thread:

Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

You?

Go!

tl;dr

That's nothing against Dark Phoenix, it's just that Google has trained me to have a short attention span. Tongue

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson