Poster ideas for Ken Ham demonstration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Poster ideas for Ken Ham demonstration
(23-07-2013 04:52 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:44 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  "Intelligent design? Then why do I have an appendix?"

Ya but...

Scientists Finally Discover The Function of the Human Appendix

Okay, fine.
Why do we have goose bumps? Why does a dolphin have lungs instead of gills? Why do chickens have finger bones? Why do whales have hind leg bones? Why do ostriches and emus have wings yet cannot fly? Why do cave-dwelling species of salamander, fish, shrimp, crayfish, millipede, spider, and cricket have eyes when they're completely blind? Why does the laryngeal nerve and the vas deferens take unintelligent routes instead of direct paths?

Better?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
23-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Relax guys, I'm not an evolution denier...I just saw that on my facebook feed and thought it would be funny to mess with Jeff.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 06:08 PM
(23-07-2013 05:49 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Relax guys, I'm not an evolution denier...I just saw that on my facebook feed and thought it would be funny to mess with Jeff.

Oh sure, mess with Jeff and hilarity ensues. That's what everyone thinks. But just you wait, my friend. My evil minions will have a field day with you. Bangin

Okay right now they're just amino acids, but in a few million... wait... a few billion years they will be a force to be reckoned with!!

Or perhaps fruit. Undecided

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
23-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Aron Ra is a big, intimidating looking dude...glad I'm on his side. Add his wit and intelligence and Ham doesn't stand much of a chance...at least when it comes to people who will listen.

Anyway, homeschooling done for the right reasons by the properly equipped parent(s), especially where kids with special needs are involved, is a good thing.

Homeschooling to help aid in isolation and religious indoctrination should be considered child abuse.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
23-07-2013, 07:33 PM
(23-07-2013 05:43 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  [quote='ridethespiral' pid='346760' dateline='1374619960']

Why do we have goose bumps? Why does a dolphin have lungs instead of gills? Why do chickens have finger bones? Why do whales have hind leg bones? Why do ostriches and emus have wings yet cannot fly? Why do cave-dwelling species of salamander, fish, shrimp, crayfish, millipede, spider, and cricket have eyes when they're completely blind? Why does the laryngeal nerve and the vas deferens take unintelligent routes instead of direct paths?

Better?

Using these for sure.
[+] 1 user Likes Hitched_Gibson's post
23-07-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 02:16 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-07-2013 04:52 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:44 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  "Intelligent design? Then why do I have an appendix?"
Ya but...
Scientists Finally Discover The Function of the Human Appendix

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...ction-of-t

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-07-2013, 07:47 PM
(23-07-2013 06:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Aron Ra is a big, intimidating looking dude...glad I'm on his side. Add his wit and intelligence and Ham doesn't stand much of a chance...at least when it comes to people who will listen.

Anyway, homeschooling done for the right reasons by the properly equipped parent(s), especially where kids with special needs are involved, is a good thing.

Homeschooling to help aid in isolation and religious indoctrination should be considered child abuse.

I have a good friend who is a very intelligent nurse. She did her kids at home for a number of reasons. They are brilliant, and all got into the colleges of their choice. She was a really great teacher. She's is a tad conservative, but that's not why she did it.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-07-2013, 02:10 AM
(23-07-2013 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She did her kids at home for a number of reasons.

For one, people tend to frown on doing that in public.
24-07-2013, 02:15 AM
(24-07-2013 02:10 AM)Hitched_Gibson Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She did her kids at home for a number of reasons.

For one, people tend to frown on doing that in public.

Educated them at home. I KNEW I shouldn't have said that.
Tongue

05-08-2013, 02:19 PM
So I settled on,
"70% of the earth is water. God gives us lungs"
"Why did god give me nipples?"
"In the beginning, god gave ostriches wings"
and a few more along those lines. The good news is, the conversations that day were surprisingly engaging and somewhat logical. The bad news is that I made it on Ken Ham's Facebook page I'm the guy in the red shirt.