Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Poster ideas for Ken Ham demonstration
(05-08-2013 02:19 PM)Hitched_Gibson Wrote:  So I settled on,
"70% of the earth is water. God gives us lungs"
"Why did god give me nipples?"
"In the beginning, god gave ostriches wings"
and a few more along those lines. The good news is, the conversations that day were surprisingly engaging and somewhat logical. The bad news is that I made it on Ken Ham's Facebook page I'm the guy in the red shirt.

I personally think my idea is better and more poignant Drinking Beverage

To each his own.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Didn't figure logic with the parents would work, so I was shooting for posing thoughts that the kids hadn't thought about.
[+] 1 user Likes Hitched_Gibson's post
05-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Ahhh got ya.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
(05-08-2013 02:19 PM)Hitched_Gibson Wrote:  So I settled on,
"70% of the earth is water. God gives us lungs"
"Why did god give me nipples?"
"In the beginning, god gave ostriches wings"
and a few more along those lines. The good news is, the conversations that day were surprisingly engaging and somewhat logical. The bad news is that I made it on Ken Ham's Facebook page I'm the guy in the red shirt.

You're lucky to be alive. The guy in the red shirt always gets killed. Wink

I see there are a few comments about "praying for these atheists." The funny/sad thing is that they'll never realize that their prayers are completely ineffectual. Today they'll pray and pat themselves on the back. Tomorrow they'll either convince themselves of success, have forgotten entirely, or decide that God put them there to test their faith. Since they still believe, their faith is unshaken.

Nit-picking: 70% of the Earth is covered with water, not comprised of it. Your statement implies the latter.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
05-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I replied to a few of the comments, in a civil manner, and managed to get banned. It really pissed me off. Not on a personal level, just in a this system is jacked up kinda way.

Nit picking appreciated. Maybe I said surface/covered, and maybe I wrote it wrong. Considering the audience, I did ok.
[+] 1 user Likes Hitched_Gibson's post
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
If you want to be technical, most of the Earth is comprised of liquid magma. AS a liquid, its Aristotelian element is Water. So NYEH!

*runs away very very fast*

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
07-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I like a quote from Seth's visit to the creation museum:
"It's a literal interpretation of what scripture says?"
"It's a literal interpretation of Ken Ham says."
http://youtu.be/xVHWq0ZGE_Y?t=1m58s

That could be adapted to T-shirt or poster by having the text
"It's a literal interpration of what scripture says" with "scripture" crossed out and replaced with "Ken Ham".

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-08-2013, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:18 AM by eksyte.)
That Flintstones poster is PERFECT!

EDIT: I looked at the FB link Hitched provided and left a couple of responses to the comments. There were several that had had replies removed, so I'm assuming Mr. Ham is being the typical, dishonest creationist d-bag by deleting rational responses.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
09-08-2013, 05:49 AM
[Image: kenham05sma.jpg]<--->[Image: ape-midlife-crisis.jpg?file=media%2Fcont...;width=450]
Family resemblance.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
09-08-2013, 06:48 AM
(09-08-2013 05:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  [Image: kenham05sma.jpg]<--->[Image: ape-midlife-crisis.jpg?file=media%2Fcont...;width=450]
Family resemblance.

That's messed up. I wouldn't wanna be compared to a lying, money-grubbing charlatan in that manner.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
[+] 1 user Likes eksyte's post