Poster of the Month

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Poster of the Month
How about we honor those that contribute and strengthen our forum? Every month we have a nomination and vote, and the winner gets their name to be a special color or something like that for the month (or maybe quarter if picking 12 people a year is too hard). Nothing big, just something to say "thank you" and a little recognition to that person for putting the time and effort to make this place a better community.

What do y'all think?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2011, 10:58 PM
RE: Poster of the Month
(15-12-2011 10:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  How about we honor those that contribute and strengthen our forum? Every month we have a nomination and vote, and the winner gets their name to be a special color or something like that for the month (or maybe quarter if picking 12 people a year is too hard). Nothing big, just something to say "thank you" and a little recognition to that person for putting the time and effort to make this place a better community.

What do y'all think?

Will there be a cash prize involved?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Yes. Lucradis will supply the cash.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Then it's a grand idea.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking you're thinking, KC. That's always good. Then I'm thinking wtf happened to HoC in this place. I'm just offensive to some people, if me (or similar person full of neck) were to be honored in such a way, it might offend some of the community.

That doesn't mean don't do it - it means people should toughen the fuck up - and its just something to consider. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
15-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm poor. Like five me some fucking money poor.
I personally am not for the idea and here's why. We all ready had a whole bunch of shit over the rep system I can only imagine what would happen for employee of the month.
But if you people want it then you want it that's fo sho

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
15-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't even know WTF that rep shit was about other than I felt like an ass for offering my opinion. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-12-2011, 12:18 AM
(15-12-2011 11:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm poor. Like five me some fucking money poor.
I personally am not for the idea and here's why. We all ready had a whole bunch of shit over the rep system I can only imagine what would happen for employee of the month.
But if you people want it then you want it that's fo sho

Yeah I vote no.
16-12-2011, 12:48 AM
The community is only as strong as its weakest link!

Yes, I'm an existentialist.Shy

"Lean,keen, and so serene"~~~
16-12-2011, 12:57 AM
The Rep thing is a way to tell who's respected among the forum.

The Likes system is a bit vain, but a good way to show approval for a particular post.

If we add a "vote for your favorite poster" aspect, we might as well change the forum name to Atheist Idol and have people call in to vote and tune in next week to see who gets booted from the show. I think you should just PM the person and say "I appreciate all your thoughtful posts this month." It will have the same effect without all the voting and clutter.

I vote no.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post