Posthumanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Posthumanism
Some might be familiar with the term, but I`ll explain for everyone else. Firstly, I`m a post-humanist and a transhumanist. I was one for a long time, but only recently learned for the term. Similarly I was an atheist for as long as I known for myself, but only recently learned about it. Post-humanism is a view that explores where should and in what way humanity develop. Trans-humanism proposes that that should be done with technological and bio-technological methods. It is a way to stop aging, disease, enhance intellect, physical abilities and so on. Becoming very close to a different species, if we go bio-technological route.

This would be useful if it was available to most people. But if it was only reserved for the richest elite, it would be a problem. We can see this technology becoming more and more closer to reality. So my question for you is. What do you think about this and what would you do if you could become a post-human?? Would you accept it??

There are SF authors who have delved in to this subject. You should read the Culture series by Ian Banks. Play Deus Ex series of games. Watch Ghost in the Shell, films or TV series. This are the best examples I can think of right now, but there are more of them if you`r interested.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
RE: Posthumanism
Are you asking if I'd like to become a trannie?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-04-2012, 09:55 AM
(09-04-2012 09:53 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Are you asking if I'd like to become a trannie?
What?? Huh
09-04-2012, 10:03 AM
(09-04-2012 09:55 AM)TheDream Wrote:  What?? Huh
Just a joke bro.

Trans-humanist = trannie
Transsexual = trannie

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-04-2012, 10:04 AM
(09-04-2012 10:03 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(09-04-2012 09:55 AM)TheDream Wrote:  What?? Huh
Just a joke bro.

Trans-humanist = trannie
Transsexual = trannie
Aha, OK. Interesting. Didn`t got that one. Smile
09-04-2012, 10:35 AM
(09-04-2012 10:04 AM)TheDream Wrote:  
(09-04-2012 10:03 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Just a joke bro.

Trans-humanist = trannie
Transsexual = trannie
Aha, OK. Interesting. Didn`t got that one. Smile

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Oh, another one. I've considered myself a transhumanist for a very long time. It is my belief that we should by all means let technology help us 'evolve' further. Since human evolution is probably coming to a halt, since there is not much natural pressure on us to evolve any more, I believe bionics and cybernetics is the way to go now.

edit: My next (well, also first) tattoo even involves a 'h+', a transhumanist symbol Big Grin

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
09-04-2012, 10:49 AM
(09-04-2012 10:47 AM)le_procyon Wrote:  Oh, another one. I've considered myself a transhumanist for a very long time. It is my belief that we should by all means let technology help us 'evolve' further. Since human evolution is probably coming to a halt, since there is not much natural pressure on us to evolve any more, I believe bionics and cybernetics is the way to go now.

I look forward to the day that can use my thoughts to go online and google up information.
I doubt I will live long enough to see it happen.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
09-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Eh, I think I already said it somewhere, I strongly believe that mind-to-robotic-body transfer will become reality in my lifetime Big Grin

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
(09-04-2012 10:52 AM)le_procyon Wrote:  Eh, I think I already said it somewhere, I strongly believe that mind-to-robotic-body transfer will become reality in my lifetime Big Grin
It`s very possible that it will. I`v seen a report about a man that is paralised. He`s brain is connected to a computer so he can use it, surf the net and do as he wants. Then there` that boy in Italy that got mechanical heart transplanted. And now you have Google glasses Smile Mind uploads are not far away if it continues like this.