Posthumanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
RE: Posthumanism
Metal is better than meat.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 11:38 PM
well, I fear we might become cybermen as in Doctor Who dystopia. But, in an ideal future, I'd like to live a few centuries so I can see the technology develop, I think I'll get tired and want to die eventually though.
We've stopped evolving through natural means so technology is the only way we can improve ourselves at this point, but I think we're still too far from having a safe method to do so and we're not socially fit to make it possible yet, but we can always dream about the future Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Good post.

It's definitely on the cards. It'd be nice to think that it would be possible for anyone to choose this option once their physical body has decided to 'give it up'. I don't think super-human strength would be a good idea as that could have 'nightmarish' implications.

But count me in Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
10-04-2012, 02:46 AM
(10-04-2012 12:03 AM)aurora Wrote:  Good post.

It's definitely on the cards. It'd be nice to think that it would be possible for anyone to choose this option once their physical body has decided to 'give it up'. I don't think super-human strength would be a good idea as that could have 'nightmarish' implications.

But count me in Smile
Thanks Smile I try to be informative.

Quote: well, I fear we might become cybermen as in Doctor Who dystopia. But, in
an ideal future, I'd like to live a few centuries so I can see the
technology develop, I think I'll get tired and want to die eventually
though.

We've stopped evolving through natural means so technology is the only
way we can improve ourselves at this point, but I think we're still too
far from having a safe method to do so and we're not socially fit to
make it possible yet, but we can always dream about the future Big Grin
I wouldn`t go that far. They made their bodies to stiff, clunky and emotionless. That`s the worst thing you could have done. At that point of development you could chose to die if you want, but why would you do that when there`s so many things to see?? Smile Inter planetary travel, inter stellar travel, so many things are there to discover. Living on different worlds, exploring different life forms that we might discover.
10-04-2012, 04:34 AM
(10-04-2012 02:46 AM)TheDream Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 12:03 AM)aurora Wrote:  Good post.

But count me in Smile
Thanks Smile I try to be informative.

Quote: well, I fear we might become cybermen as in Doctor Who dystopia. But, in
an ideal future, I'd like to live a few centuries so I can see the
technology develop, I think I'll get tired and want to die eventually
though.

We've stopped evolving through natural means so technology is the only
way we can improve ourselves at this point, but I think we're still too
far from having a safe method to do so and we're not socially fit to
make it possible yet, but we can always dream about the future Big Grin
I wouldn`t go that far. They made their bodies to stiff, clunky and emotionless. That`s the worst thing you could have done. At that point of development you could chose to die if you want, but why would you do that when there`s so many things to see?? Smile Inter planetary travel, inter stellar travel, so many things are there to discover. Living on different worlds, exploring different life forms that we might discover.
Life can be tiresome, but I said I'd like to live a few centuries, how much is a few? I really don't know, I only have 25 years, I can't know how much would I like to live. But if I could travel across the universe, I definitely would visit a lot of it before I want to go, that's for sure Big Grin

10-04-2012, 04:53 AM
(10-04-2012 04:34 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 02:46 AM)TheDream Wrote:  Thanks Smile I try to be informative.

Life can be tiresome, but I said I'd like to live a few centuries, how much is a few? I really don't know, I only have 25 years, I can't know how much would I like to live. But if I could travel across the universe, I definitely would visit a lot of it before I want to go, that's for sure Big Grin
There are so many miseries on our planet. Our solar system has unknown number of them more. I would love to live long enough to learn about them.
10-04-2012, 05:29 AM
uploading the mind to some virtual reality would be cool too, I'd like to play some games in real first person Big Grin

10-04-2012, 06:11 AM
(10-04-2012 05:29 AM)nach_in Wrote:  uploading the mind to some virtual reality would be cool too, I'd like to play some games in real first person Big Grin
That would be fun Smile Or to upload it in a cybernetic body and leave your flashy one in a cryostasis. You could always return to it when you wanted to, and you`r mind will be safe on some HD. This might be a little less safe, as that data can be changed or even erased.
10-04-2012, 07:31 AM
(10-04-2012 06:11 AM)TheDream Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 05:29 AM)nach_in Wrote:  uploading the mind to some virtual reality would be cool too, I'd like to play some games in real first person Big Grin
That would be fun Smile Or to upload it in a cybernetic body and leave your flashy one in a cryostasis. You could always return to it when you wanted to, and you`r mind will be safe on some HD. This might be a little less safe, as that data can be changed or even erased.
that may be tricky, but what about a brain in a jar connected to a surrogate body? that could work just fine, and we would have exchangeable bodies, the trolling would be unstoppable!! Big Grin

10-04-2012, 07:59 AM
(10-04-2012 07:31 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 06:11 AM)TheDream Wrote:  That would be fun Smile Or to upload it in a cybernetic body and leave your flashy one in a cryostasis. You could always return to it when you wanted to, and you`r mind will be safe on some HD. This might be a little less safe, as that data can be changed or even erased.
that may be tricky, but what about a brain in a jar connected to a surrogate body? that could work just fine, and we would have exchangeable bodies, the trolling would be unstoppable!! Big Grin
That` the way they did it in Ghost in the Shell. That series did a lot of predictions right. Even if we had bodies like that they would need to become cheap enough for everyone, or most of us at least. They we get to brain hacking territory Smile