Posting from the ER

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Posting from the ER
so I've had some time to think about this whole episode. I worked out both Sunday and Monday with this head cold onboard. This likely triggered the rare case of Myopericarditis. I could have chronic myopericarditis now, it is possible. The prospect of having that kind of pain again gives one pause.
I will extend my two week hiatus of hard cardio for a month or more, and shift my focus to maintenance style strength training. I won't be repping to max effort and I will keep my heart rate below 90 for at least a couple of months and let things settle down. Time to take the long view.
My heart is really strong, and now I have great pictures of my arteries to prove it. I have echocardiagram reports, x-ray reports, etc. I do not need cardio as much as I need to avoid any future problems.
The next two weeks I will be doing yoga stretching and meditation only.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
19-05-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Posting from the ER
I went to the cardiologist for my follow-up yesterday.
He explained everything better this time around, and I had plenty of questions for him.
1)Myopericarditis landed me in the ER and eventually on his Cath Lab table.
2) I have mild coronary artery disease. It had nothing to do with the myopericarditis, and it would have gone undiscovered until possibly something much worse had happened.

It is also possible that nothing would have come of it, since I had a cholesterol in the 200s in November and has since dropped it down to the 130's, and even a 106 at the hospital. I had already made the changes in lifestyle and diet.
Regardless, I am now on the lowest dose of Lipitor and 325 enteric aspirin from here on out.
I was given two more weeks of light exercise (ARGH) and offered a follow up of 6 months or a year. I picked the year option Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post