Posts limit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2011, 06:07 PM
RE: Posts limit.
(29-10-2011 05:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 05:36 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Maybe you were incrementing the counter by editing and reposting. Still 30 in a day is allot!
I can set the limit higher but I will not remove the limit. It's there to protect the forum from abuse. I'm talking about bots as well. It doesn't have to be people.

I know it's your decision but I think at least an increase is needed. I've not seen a single bot since you introduced the 'first post approved' rule (stroke of genius by the way) but in the forum statistics it did list calmyourtitsbro as top poster with 50 posts. Surely that's proof enough that the rule is impeding valid forum members. I think it should be trialled at 100, we can always change it again if that doesn't work.

I set it to 80. I really don't see how anyone can make 50 posts in a day. Quality over quantity is the way I prefer to work and I personally couldn't make that many posts with decent quality unless I was replying with only a few words in each post. I'm also limited in the time I can spend here. :/

Well I hope this is settled now!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2011, 06:13 PM
(29-10-2011 06:07 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I set it to 80. I really don't see how anyone can make 50 posts in a day. Quality over quantity is the way I prefer to work and I personally couldn't make that many posts with decent quality unless I was replying with only a few words in each post. I'm also limited in the time I can spend here. :/

Well I hope this is settled now!

You really are a credit to forum moderation. I hope you know that! An issue is raised and you have addressed it and made the appropriate changes within hours.

I really can't ask for much more than that Smile!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-11-2011, 05:08 AM
It would be soooo nice if people came here to read and learn, not just spam around and try to make this another Facebook, inviting people on x-box live, or putting pictures and telling us how super-cool and "crazy" they are. I would leave those restrictions in place.

No offense, but really, I hope people who come here are interested in talking about serious subjects, not just fool around and try to meet new people, I don't think this is the place for that. 50 posts per day is way too much, if you read and comment without spaming.

Once upon a time, when Internet was still only on dial-up, when people were using newsgroups and forums didn't exist yet, there were rules and ethics that everybody respected, you knew how to reply to a message, how to quote a message and how not to spam, but stick to the subject. If you broke those rules and got reported, you had ABUSE service who would take away your Internet connection for a few days. If you repeat the spaming and got reported often, you would loose you Internet connection by that ISP... Ah, those were the days...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-11-2011, 07:43 AM
(04-11-2011 05:08 AM)Filox Wrote:  It would be soooo nice if people came here to read and learn, not just spam around and try to make this another Facebook, inviting people on x-box live, or putting pictures and telling us how super-cool and "crazy" they are. I would leave those restrictions in place.

No offense, but really, I hope people who come here are interested in talking about serious subjects, not just fool around and try to meet new people, I don't think this is the place for that. 50 posts per day is way too much, if you read and comment without spaming.

Once upon a time, when Internet was still only on dial-up, when people were using newsgroups and forums didn't exist yet, there were rules and ethics that everybody respected, you knew how to reply to a message, how to quote a message and how not to spam, but stick to the subject. If you broke those rules and got reported, you had ABUSE service who would take away your Internet connection for a few days. If you repeat the spaming and got reported often, you would loose you Internet connection by that ISP... Ah, those were the days...

People do come here to read and learn but we have the casual coffeehouse for a reason. Sometimes it's nice to just chill and chat and get to know each other.

I don't think anyone's doing anything particularly wrong at the moment.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
04-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I think it's great to chill and chat and get to know each other. But I also think it's a good idea to keep the IM-type posts in their own place so that threads don't become casual conversations between two or three individuals that aren't of interest to most other forum members.

What about moving Hamata k's Chat Box thread up into the Important Threads section so it's always obvious and available?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Agreed. This place is becoming very annoying with the bullshit teenage drama spam threads. I rarely post anymore mostly due to this fact. Limits are there for a reason.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post
04-11-2011, 04:21 PM

(29-10-2011 06:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You really are a credit to forum moderation.

I can second that!

Stark is best moderator I have seen in 10 years since I have been frequenting Forums!

One major reason I enjoy being here. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
05-11-2011, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 02:19 AM by houseofcantor.)
(04-11-2011 04:21 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 06:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You really are a credit to forum moderation.

I can second that!

Stark is best moderator I have seen in 10 years since I have been frequenting Forums!

One major reason I enjoy being here. Smile

I can agree with this. These other peeps... not to mention any names, Filox... Big Grin

Zero-state has global significance. I could kill you over it, and you'd thank me afterwards... wanna meet later, or do you wanna stop being so fucking uptight? Big Grin

Seriously... (fucking alcohol Big Grin) if that cat wasn't member just like I, I would be more ethical.

If you're an atheist, I think you can agree... ethics suck. Needs work, we call that theory.

As for activity, there ain't shit going on here. People post more through interaction with Identity - like me, Zat, and Girly (there's an unholy trinity Big Grin) - and there is no fucking Identity with atheism or we atheists would have something to talk about!

Sheesh. Tongue

John Cantor is my "identity as writer of comedic fiction" - yeah, I can fucking write... in college, teach was like, "Write a..." I was like, "There's an A." Johnny good with the simple math. You wanna make shit complicated, you wanna board fulla mathematicians - like them Internet Infidels. There's a boring place.

Ain't my forum - that's all you. Wink
(04-11-2011 10:42 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Agreed. This place is becoming very annoying with the bullshit teenage drama spam threads. I rarely post anymore mostly due to this fact. Limits are there for a reason.

If the variable "teenage drama" is involved in an equation including calmyourtitsbro - all I can say is I like her, if you don't; that's A-OK.

If not, then I like you - and I missed something - and I don't miss "teenage drama." Big Grin

What I'd really like to know, All Hallowed Thinking Atheist (as if forum had a god) - is "da fuck we thinking about, as atheists?"

I love mathematics. Science, especially physics; up next... but I love Gwyneth Paltrow most of all - and yeah, I get old on that subject in a picosecond. Big Grin

So what's what? Who's where? And Why? (Always with the why, this kid... )
And I don't know anybody here, including myself. Big Grin

I got 10.14 posts per day... days like today, I drink and get lippy - other days, i just get lippy... as for "how can people write..." i remember writing the Book of Gwynnite, mostly two weeks in August of 2008 - 120k words, the Word said...

People can do stuff, I'm saying. Whether or not that stuff is meaningful, that's up to the forum moderators, no?

...and unless he is talking about marijuana, I'd be moderating that Filox. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
05-11-2011, 03:55 AM
Thou shall not use the name of Filox in vain!!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
05-11-2011, 04:11 AM
(05-11-2011 03:55 AM)Filox Wrote:  Thou shall not use the name of Filox in vain!!

Smile

Nah, you alright. If I'm participating in the propagation of "teenage drama" without my knowing - I got no problem knowing about it. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]