Potato Robbery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 07:26 AM
RE: Potato Robbery
(29-04-2014 06:55 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 06:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well...

If you are doing to do something, you may as well do it is such a fashion that leaves people wondering how exactly you managed to pull it off.

*going Tongue

I will never understand how that error happens.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2014, 07:33 AM
At least he would have no problem eating the evidence.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
29-04-2014, 07:35 AM
(29-04-2014 07:11 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 06:52 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  No need to make it like that haha
You don't know me well enough... I always need to make it like that. (even that sounded dirty in my head)
Quote:Idk maybe carved it out and painted it Laugh out load I wonder if it shoots french fries

I want a french fry shooting potato gun! I'd have to go with the larger caliber so I could get steak fries out of it.

You're right, I don't know you well enough haha and that would be awesome Thumbsup

(29-04-2014 07:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 06:55 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  *going Tongue

I will never understand how that error happens.

Who knows Laugh out load maybe Jesus didn't want you to type it correctly.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Actualy this isnt that stupid.

The charges are considerably worse if you have a real weapon on you.

If I were to rob a bank or store I would keep in mind that I might get caught and would therefor use a fake weapon.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
29-04-2014, 07:36 AM
(29-04-2014 07:33 AM)Marozz Wrote:  At least he would have no problem eating the evidence.

Haha that is very true.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-04-2014, 07:41 AM
(29-04-2014 07:35 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Actualy this isnt that stupid.

If I were to rob a bank or store I would keep in mind that I might get caught and would therefor use a fake weapon.

Good point, robbery is a bad charge to face. Armed robbery is a far worse charge.

I agree except that the choice of fake weapons was smart. It doesn't specify, but I'd guess that if he had shaved the potato down to look like a gun they would have mentioned it. Just sitting at my desk, I have at least 10 items that could mimic a hidden gun better than a potato. But I doubt this guy put much thought into the crime further than "point 'gun', get money, leave" and thought he had a fool proof plan.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
29-04-2014, 07:55 AM
(29-04-2014 07:41 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 07:35 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Actualy this isnt that stupid.

Good point, robbery is a bad charge to face. Armed robbery is a far worse charge.

I agree except that the choice of fake weapons was smart. It doesn't specify, but I'd guess that if he had shaved the potato down to look like a gun they would have mentioned it. Just sitting at my desk, I have at least 10 items that could mimic a hidden gun better than a potato. But I doubt this guy put much thought into the crime further than "point 'gun', get money, leave" and thought he had a fool proof plan.

Considering just how much lawyers love three sided double-talk in triplicate, it would not surprise me if the prosecution put up the argument that he was technically 'armed' and posed a threat to the employees of the victim businesses with his 'weapon'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-04-2014, 08:04 AM
(29-04-2014 07:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 07:41 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Good point, robbery is a bad charge to face. Armed robbery is a far worse charge.

Considering just how much lawyers love three sided double-talk in triplicate, it would not surprise me if the prosecution put up the argument that he was technically 'armed' and posed a threat to the employees of the victim businesses with his 'weapon'.

That is true as well and if the prosecutor wanted to, could probably wrangle that charge into it. However, you're talking about a whole other classification of crime when it is committed while in possession of an actual gun. Even minor misdemeanors become felonies if a gun is in any way shape or form involved.

Selling a joint? Minor slap on the wrist misdemeanor.

Selling a joint and you happen to have a gun in the vicinity? Felony with mandatory prison sentencing and loss of rights to own a gun. Even if the gun is unloaded, locked, and never used during commission of the crime.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
29-04-2014, 09:14 AM
If he was charged for armed robbery, he could always put in an " a peel " against such a harsh sentence.

Oh dear, tis worse I'm getting......

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
29-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Why do potatoes make good detectives?

Because they keep their eyes peeled.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post