• 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Potential HIV Vaccine

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 02:28 PM
(04-11-2012 02:07 PM)I and I Wrote:  I love how the fuck heads on here spout wacked out conspiracy theories then somehow that is supposed to mean I am implying those conspiracy theories.

Talk about sucking on a strawman cock.
I and I===> [Image: tumblr_m6iv087Qqv1qbaj4uo1_500.png]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
04-11-2012, 05:12 PM
(04-11-2012 08:18 AM)robotworld Wrote:  HIV virus

Dude, I hear the human immunodeficiency virus is bad enough, I'd hate to get the human immunodeficiency virus^2.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
(31-10-2012 08:23 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  A new discovery, though still in its infancy of development, raises hope for the plague of our age, HIV/AIDS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/health...world&_r=0
I'm not a conspirationist but I'm sure we won't see a cure soon (at least in the next 20 years).
The farmaceutical industry is making a lot of money with their antiretroviral pills and a cure means less money for them. They have
a business, that's what the do and as a business it's better to keep people sick so governments buy their medicine at (very) high prices.

So yes, maybe a cure is found somewhere in a couple of years, but how long will it take to be of public access?

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2012, 11:52 AM
(05-11-2012 11:43 AM)KVron Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 08:23 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  A new discovery, though still in its infancy of development, raises hope for the plague of our age, HIV/AIDS.

I'm not a conspirationist but I'm sure we won't see a cure soon (at least in the next 20 years).
The farmaceutical industry is making a lot of money with their antiretroviral pills and a cure means less money for them. They have
a business, that's what the do and as a business it's better to keep people sick so governments buy their medicine at (very) high prices.

So yes, maybe a cure is found somewhere in a couple of years, but how long will it take to be of public access?
Nope. The group/lab that finds one will get a Nobel, and personally $1,400,000, and the group that patents it will make buckets of money for THEMSELVES, far in excess of treatment, as many MORE non-infected people will buy the prevention. So there is at least equal motivation on the other side, IMHO.
(Just shut up .. since when has the know-it-all ever been "humble" ...I know, I know). Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
(05-11-2012 11:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. The group/lab that finds one will get a Nobel, and personally $1,400,000, and the group that patents it will make buckets of money for THEMSELVES, far in excess of treatment, as many MORE non-infected people will buy the prevention. So there is at least equal motivation on the other side, IMHO.
(Just shut up .. since when has the know-it-all ever been "humble" ...I know, I know). Weeping
Unfortunately, it is still quite probable that even if a cure is discovered, it might not be as easily accessible for those who most need it. Not saying they are all like this, but a lot of pharmaceutical companies have little interest in inexpensive medication that you need to take only once or twice. Something expensive that you have to go on taking all your life works much better for them.

Same with vaccines - expensive treatment is better than a one-off vaccine. Could be just the cynicism of my older than your age talking, but....

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
05-11-2012, 12:03 PM
(05-11-2012 11:43 AM)KVron Wrote:  

Good question.

To quote Shawshank Redemption: "...all it takes really, pressure, and time."

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-11-2012, 07:09 PM
(04-11-2012 05:12 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Dude, I hear the human immunodeficiency virus is bad enough, I'd hate to get the human immunodeficiency virus^2.

[Image: funny-pictures-kitten-did-it.jpg]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
10-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Potential HIV Vaccine
It is a discussion I had with a friend, aprox. two years ago. I won the bet, there is no cure yet. The crux unlikely can be found in the money which can be made with the actual medication. The problem of a medication worth the name will the ability also to kill future versions of the virus, which evolves constantly. A way can be found any minute! Or never.
11-11-2012, 03:26 AM
(04-11-2012 05:12 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Wouldn't a virus of a virus be a cure to the virus?