Potential Human Head Transplants...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Potential Human Head Transplants...
I am sure this will bring up a whole lot of legal, moral, and ethical dilemma. Who is alive and who is dead?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2016, 03:33 PM
(16-08-2016 03:28 PM)TheMoralist Wrote:  I am sure this will bring up a whole lot of legal, moral, and ethical dilemma. Who is alive and who is dead?

Oh, don't be so hard headed about this.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
16-08-2016, 04:09 PM
I don't know how I would decide. I think there are a lot of things that I would have to consider. Right now on top of my head:
1. How healthy is the new body?
2. How difficult will it be to learn my new body?
3. Would I maybe have a say or would just the next body be the one I get?
4. Would the age of the new body match my age? At least sort of?
5. How do you know if my head and the body will be compatible? Only blood type? Any genetic markers that are important? Life style?

I would, as you can tell, certainly consider and weigh off the pros and cons.
If the procedure is proven to work and I am so ill that it wouldn't hurt to try (either I die a slow painful death or I die during a surgery has about the same weight for me to be honest but opinions may differ).
I would 100% agree being a test subject if the procedure is still in a state of research and experimentation because knowing that my chance of dieing is 100% without the surgery and 90% with it, I'd go for the 10% likelyhood of surviving and knowing that even if I die, I helped science/medicine big time because they can learn from mistakes etc. I would feel that my death at least had some bit of meaning. A bit like being an organ donor just a few levels stranger.

No clue if I just made sense.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
16-08-2016, 09:24 PM
(16-08-2016 04:09 PM)Leela Wrote:  I don't know how I would decide. I think there are a lot of things that I would have to consider. Right now on top of my head:
1. How healthy is the new body?
2. How difficult will it be to learn my new body?
3. Would I maybe have a say or would just the next body be the one I get?
4. Would the age of the new body match my age? At least sort of?
5. How do you know if my head and the body will be compatible? Only blood type? Any genetic markers that are important? Life style?

I would, as you can tell, certainly consider and weigh off the pros and cons.
If the procedure is proven to work and I am so ill that it wouldn't hurt to try (either I die a slow painful death or I die during a surgery has about the same weight for me to be honest but opinions may differ).
I would 100% agree being a test subject if the procedure is still in a state of research and experimentation because knowing that my chance of dieing is 100% without the surgery and 90% with it, I'd go for the 10% likelyhood of surviving and knowing that even if I die, I helped science/medicine big time because they can learn from mistakes etc. I would feel that my death at least had some bit of meaning. A bit like being an organ donor just a few levels stranger.

No clue if I just made sense.

Thanks for the heads-up, Leela!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post