Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2013, 01:06 AM
We have heard the threats from regular folks on Twitter. to the New Black Panthers . They are all ludicrous threats. Do these people really think rioting and looting gets them somewhere ? It is our justice system and get over it. One, the facts are there and he should be acquitted . There is reasonable doubt, you can not find him guilty ! Two, get ready to be killed or go to jail, since many are threatening to attack white's. Why must we make this into race ? Where is the news coverage on the 3 black men killing a white waitress, Jacqueline Gardner. The black on black crime ?

I live in a majority black city in a southern state. Not a great pot to stir. To be honest I am a little nervous, but if people would like to come on my property to loot, lock and load!

What are your thoughts ?

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots
(13-07-2013 01:06 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  We have heard the threats from regular folks on Twitter. to the New Black Panthers . They are all ludicrous threats. Do these people really think rioting and looting gets them somewhere ? It is our justice system and get over it. One, the facts are there and he should be acquitted . There is reasonable doubt, you can not find him guilty ! Two, get ready to be killed or go to jail, since many are threatening to attack white's. Why must we make this into race ? Where is the news coverage on the 3 black men killing a white waitress, Jacqueline Gardner. The black on black crime ?

I live in a majority black city in a southern state. Not a great pot to stir. To be honest I am a little nervous, but if people would like to come on my property to loot, lock and load!

What are your thoughts ?

Gimmie some back-story; why are people all up-in-arms?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-07-2013, 01:59 AM
(13-07-2013 01:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 01:06 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  We have heard the threats from regular folks on Twitter. to the New Black Panthers . They are all ludicrous threats. Do these people really think rioting and looting gets them somewhere ? It is our justice system and get over it. One, the facts are there and he should be acquitted . There is reasonable doubt, you can not find him guilty ! Two, get ready to be killed or go to jail, since many are threatening to attack white's. Why must we make this into race ? Where is the news coverage on the 3 black men killing a white waitress, Jacqueline Gardner. The black on black crime ?

What are your thoughts ?

Supposedly not "Justice" for Trayvon. Apparently they know he is innocent because he is black. Just think back to the LA and Rodney King riots.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
13-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Attack whites? Is that Zimmerman guy white? He doesn't look it...
13-07-2013, 06:24 AM
re: Free Thought -- this is snipped from a Wikipedia article and appears reasonably accurate:

Quote:The fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman took place on the night of February 26, 2012, in Sanford, Florida, United States. Zimmerman is currently on trial for second-degree murder in the case.

Trayvon Martin was a 17-year-old African American high school student. George Zimmerman, a 28-year-old multi-racial Hispanic American, was the neighborhood watch coordinator for the gated community where Martin was temporarily staying and where the shooting took place.

Statements given by Zimmerman have indicated that on the night of the shooting Zimmerman was in his vehicle on a personal errand when he noticed Martin walking beyond the gated fence inside the community. Statements then read that Zimmerman then called the Sanford Police Department to report Martin's behavior as suspicious, stating "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about" and "looking at all the houses", although according to a police report, there was "no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter". While still on the phone with the police dispatcher, Zimmerman exited his vehicle, and after concluding his telephone call with police was involved in a violent encounter with Martin. The encounter ended with Zimmerman fatally shooting Martin once in the heart at close range.

When police arrived on the scene, Zimmerman stated that Martin had attacked him and that he had shot Martin in self-defense using a weapon Zimmerman had on him. Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose and from two vertical lacerations on the back of his head. EMTs treated Zimmerman at the scene, after which he was taken to the Sanford Police Department. Zimmerman was detained and questioned for approximately five hours. He was then released without being charged. At the time, police said they found no evidence to contradict Zimmerman's claim of self-defense.

The circumstances of Martin's death, including the fact that he was unarmed, and the initial decision not to charge Zimmerman received national and international attention and scrutiny. Allegations of racist motivation for both the shooting and police conduct, along with intense media reporting that was sometimes inaccurate, contributed to public demands for Zimmerman's arrest. Questions were also raised about Florida's stand-your-ground law. On March 22, 2012, a Special Prosecutor, Angela Corey, was appointed to take over the investigation. On April 11, 2012, the Special Prosecutor filed a charge of murder in the second degree against Zimmerman, who then turned himself in and was placed in custody. The prosecution's account of what they allege happened on the night of the shooting is largely contained in the Affidavit of Probable Cause.

Zimmerman's trial began on June 10 in Sanford, Florida. He had requested a "stand your ground" hearing, but in March 2013, his defense elected to bypass the hearing so that his case would be tried before a jury.

Dunno if there will be riots are not. I hope anyone who is in an area that does riot takes the steps to protect themselves.

This probably wouldn't have been a national story at all except for the fact that the media jumped on the fact that charges weren't initially filed, since the police apparently thought it was justified self-defense.
13-07-2013, 07:08 AM
(13-07-2013 06:24 AM)mdak06 Wrote:  re: Free Thought -- this is snipped from a Wikipedia article and appears reasonably accurate:

Quote:The fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman took place on the night of February 26, 2012, in Sanford, Florida, United States. Zimmerman is currently on trial for second-degree murder in the case.

Trayvon Martin was a 17-year-old African American high school student. George Zimmerman, a 28-year-old multi-racial Hispanic American, was the neighborhood watch coordinator for the gated community where Martin was temporarily staying and where the shooting took place.

Statements given by Zimmerman have indicated that on the night of the shooting Zimmerman was in his vehicle on a personal errand when he noticed Martin walking beyond the gated fence inside the community. Statements then read that Zimmerman then called the Sanford Police Department to report Martin's behavior as suspicious, stating "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about" and "looking at all the houses", although according to a police report, there was "no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter". While still on the phone with the police dispatcher, Zimmerman exited his vehicle, and after concluding his telephone call with police was involved in a violent encounter with Martin. The encounter ended with Zimmerman fatally shooting Martin once in the heart at close range.

When police arrived on the scene, Zimmerman stated that Martin had attacked him and that he had shot Martin in self-defense using a weapon Zimmerman had on him. Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose and from two vertical lacerations on the back of his head. EMTs treated Zimmerman at the scene, after which he was taken to the Sanford Police Department. Zimmerman was detained and questioned for approximately five hours. He was then released without being charged. At the time, police said they found no evidence to contradict Zimmerman's claim of self-defense.

The circumstances of Martin's death, including the fact that he was unarmed, and the initial decision not to charge Zimmerman received national and international attention and scrutiny. Allegations of racist motivation for both the shooting and police conduct, along with intense media reporting that was sometimes inaccurate, contributed to public demands for Zimmerman's arrest. Questions were also raised about Florida's stand-your-ground law. On March 22, 2012, a Special Prosecutor, Angela Corey, was appointed to take over the investigation. On April 11, 2012, the Special Prosecutor filed a charge of murder in the second degree against Zimmerman, who then turned himself in and was placed in custody. The prosecution's account of what they allege happened on the night of the shooting is largely contained in the Affidavit of Probable Cause.

Zimmerman's trial began on June 10 in Sanford, Florida. He had requested a "stand your ground" hearing, but in March 2013, his defense elected to bypass the hearing so that his case would be tried before a jury.

Dunno if there will be riots are not. I hope anyone who is in an area that does riot takes the steps to protect themselves.

This probably wouldn't have been a national story at all except for the fact that the media jumped on the fact that charges weren't initially filed, since the police apparently thought it was justified self-defense.

I don't suppose the results of the police investigation have been made public information, aside from the lack of any indication that the victim was involved in criminal activities, that is.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:It is our justice system and get over it.

Yeah - so what if it lets white guys with guns hunt black kids and then claim "self-defense and get away with it?" Why would anyone be upset with that?
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
13-07-2013, 06:20 PM
(13-07-2013 01:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

What are your thoughts ?

Because a white citizens axiliary police douchebag shot and killed a black gangsta wannabe. This has the black community outraged because they feel that Zimmerman murdered Martin. Conversely the white population believes it was justified because Martin endangered Zimmerman.

I'm not on the jury and I haven't seen all the evidence in this case, but based upon what I do know about it, you're probably not gonna convict Zimmerman on 2nd Degree murder. There were no witnesses to the scuffle, Zimmerman was physically injured by Martin and we only have Zimmerman's word that his life was in danger against that of a deadman.

On the other hand, I do feel that Martin's parents need to get a good lawyer and sue the shit out of Zimmerman for wrongful death as this was really preventable and set in motion by Zimmerman's zeal to follow Martin after a 911 dispatcher explicitly told him not to do so.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
13-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Oh, and Zimmerman isn't white, he's hispanic, so the media has totally gone sideways with the whole story. Facts? We can't be bothered by facts. Not when there is the potential to cover the controversy!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't think he will get 2nd degree murder. There is no proof he shot Martin on purpose. I think he should get manslaughter personally. If he hadn't gotten out of his car and followed Martin, he wouldn't have gotten into the fight in the first place, but I don't think Zimmerman was intent on killing Martin, at least I don't think there was enough proof to back up that claim.

I think he followed Martin and somehow they got into a fight. Zimmerman panicked and shot the gun, killing Martin. That is at least how I have viewed some of the information I have acquired by watching the trial, but I could be wrong as I didn't see all the information.
[+] 1 user Likes slydog's post