Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots
(19-07-2013 05:09 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 05:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's a self defense law, 'feel threatened' doesn't mean, 'oh he looks scary, I'll shoot him'. It's, this guy is attacking, I feel my safety is in danger.
It's opposed to say some 100lbs short blonde chick who just got dumped by her professional wrestler boyfriend and she's crying and throwing her fists against him.
In that case he couldn't then pound her skull in because his safety was not 'threatened'.
"Feel threatened' doesn't mean literally that, it means it in a self defense situation. As in, someone is attacking you.

Actually, no. What I said is precisely what Florida's Stand Your Ground law enables. The problem is not the concept, it is the vague wording.

No it doesn't...
That lady who fired into the air and got 20 years, there's some proof it doesn't enable exactly what you're saying.
Please, show me a case where someone has shot someone else simply because they felt threatened in the sense that you are describing it (ie: walking down the street, someone else is walking down the street that you think is a little on the big side so you just shoot him...) and got off because of this law.

It's a self defense law, you have be attacked first.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 11:48 PM
(19-07-2013 05:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 05:09 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Actually, no. What I said is precisely what Florida's Stand Your Ground law enables. The problem is not the concept, it is the vague wording.

No it doesn't...
That lady who fired into the air and got 20 years, there's some proof it doesn't enable exactly what you're saying.
Please, show me a case where someone has shot someone else simply because they felt threatened in the sense that you are describing it (ie: walking down the street, someone else is walking down the street that you think is a little on the big side so you just shoot him...) and got off because of this law.

It's a self defense law, you have be attacked first.

Nailed it. If this was the case, the projects would see even more killings than they do now.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
28-07-2013, 02:03 AM
(19-07-2013 04:00 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 03:55 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The same way I can reach into my pocket without looking at it. Drinking Beverage I don't see it as an impossibility. Then again, I can multi-task. Also, depends in where the firearm was stashed too.

Visibly armed, please define. How visibly are we talking?

His firearm was located on the small of his back with a visible holster. If you are bound to the ground with your head being smashed into the ground, you can't really reach back there to retrieve it. Zimmerman must have already had the weapon out or he was not on the ground.

No. Zimmerman's holster was located inside his waistband above his right hip (Fact). Zimmerman is right handed (Fact). During the fight, Zimmerman said his jacket and shirt slid up and exposed the gun (Zimmerman said to Police). Therefore, the gun was very easy for Zimmerman to reach...and would have even been pretty easy to reach even if his shirt and jacket were originally down (Fact...that's just how those holsters work - at least for me they do).

Now...I don't know where you got this "Small of the Back" theory, but it's wrong - and very misleading. This case is hard enough to discuss without people getting the basic facts right.