Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots
On tumblr everyone has been calling him a white man? Am I racist but he looks hispanic to me...?

That sucks about that boy though, I hope his parents are alright. = (

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 07:56 AM
(14-07-2013 10:52 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 06:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  People are still so stupid, it just makes you wonder.

Not only are they crazy when it comes to race, they are so very crazy that they make up who is what race so it fits their personal prejudices.

Thank god there are more and more racially mixed marriages. Hopefully the differences will eventually be so blurred that this will stop.

Unfortunately not in my life time, but at least it's going to happen eventually.

So you want no differences in race ? That is like you want all bird to be the same color . Races have always been around and are not going anywhere over a few mixed individuals . Races are sub-species.

I am what you call a nationalist and believe you should have some pride in your heritage.

No, races are not sub-species. There is more genetic variation within 'races' than between 'races'.

You cannot even define race with any consistency or accuracy. Race is a socially-constructed myth.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 08:05 AM
(15-07-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 10:52 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  So you want no differences in race ? That is like you want all bird to be the same color . Races have always been around and are not going anywhere over a few mixed individuals . Races are sub-species.

I am what you call a nationalist and believe you should have some pride in your heritage.

No, races are not sub-species. There is more genetic variation within 'races' than between 'races'.

You cannot even define race with any consistency or accuracy. Race is a socially-constructed myth.

Yep.

Phenotypic variation is a fact.

'Races' are horseshit.

... this is my signature!
15-07-2013, 08:09 AM
You cannot deny that we use "Races" today . Might as well believe they are not horseshit. What do you write on your census sheet, light- melanin variant ? I feel it would be a better place if we did not distinguish as races , but we do. So have pride in your heritage.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
15-07-2013, 08:13 AM
(15-07-2013 08:09 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  You cannot deny that we use "Races" today . Might as well believe they are not horseshit. What do you write on your census sheet, light- melanin variant ? I feel it would be a better place if we did not distinguish as races , but we do. So have pride in your heritage.

I put Canadian on the census form.

Melanin is a phenotypic variation. There are no statistically significant correlations between trivial external differences and actual genotypic variation. Do you know the difference?

15-07-2013, 08:14 AM
(15-07-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 10:52 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  So you want no differences in race ? That is like you want all bird to be the same color . Races have always been around and are not going anywhere over a few mixed individuals . Races are sub-species.

May be. But this thread is not about the genetically-correct way to describe races. This is about how many people are sadly blaming this on race. I said be proud of heritage not race.

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

15-07-2013, 08:17 AM
(15-07-2013 08:13 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 08:09 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  You cannot deny that we use "Races" today . Might as well believe they are not horseshit. What do you write on your census sheet, light- melanin variant ? I feel it would be a better place if we did not distinguish as races , but we do. So have pride in your heritage.

I put Canadian on the census form.

Melanin is a phenotypic variation. There are no statistically significant correlations between trivial external differences and actual genotypic variation. Do you know the difference?

Actually physical bone structure is a major variation. To put it simply, you can classify our modern race classifications as :

Africoids
Mongoloids
Australoids
Khoisians
Caucasoids

15-07-2013, 08:18 AM
(15-07-2013 08:14 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  May be. But this thread is not about the genetically-correct way to describe races. This is about how many people are sadly blaming this on race. I said be proud of heritage not race.

There are differences in external appearance. Sure. There are differences in how people are perceived and treated because of those. Sure. That's a social phenomenon. You said that races were sub-species, which is plainly untrue.

(14-07-2013 11:34 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  On tumblr everyone has been calling him a white man? Am I racist but he looks hispanic to me...?

He's multiracial, which causes most people's brains to shut down when trying to comprehend. I mentioned it upthread.

15-07-2013, 08:20 AM
(14-07-2013 11:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

*glares at weasly for the horrible thing he has done*

Who cares what color he is. You stalk and kill a man you should go to jail....at the least.

Or just 16 months of numerous media and domestic abuse and threats ? CNN airing his SSN ? That it totally trivial. I am also guessing you watched very little of the trial , mainly just MSNBC coverage ?

15-07-2013, 08:20 AM
(15-07-2013 08:14 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, races are not sub-species. There is more genetic variation within 'races' than between 'races'.

May be. But this thread is not about the genetically-correct way to describe races. This is about how many people are sadly blaming this on race. I said be proud of heritage not race.

What do you mean by heritage?
You have done absolutely nothing to create your 'heritage'. What, precisely, are you proud of? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user