Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots
(15-07-2013 08:17 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  Actually physical bone structure is a major variation. To put it simply, you can classify our modern race classifications as :

Africoids
Mongoloids
Australoids
Khoisians
Caucasoids

Are you from the 1930s?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 08:23 AM
(15-07-2013 08:18 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 08:14 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  May be. But this thread is not about the genetically-correct way to describe races. This is about how many people are sadly blaming this on race. I said be proud of heritage not race.

There are differences in external appearance. Sure. There are differences in how people are perceived and treated because of those. Sure. That's a social phenomenon. You said that races were sub-species, which is plainly untrue.

(14-07-2013 11:34 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  On tumblr everyone has been calling him a white man? Am I racist but he looks hispanic to me...?

He's multiracial, which causes most people's brains to shut down when trying to comprehend. I mentioned it upthread.

I do hold to the fact that Africoids and Mongoloids are sub-species of Hobo-sapiens. Nevertheless, We can agree to disagree . I see your points of our current social views on the issue .

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
15-07-2013, 08:25 AM
(15-07-2013 08:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 08:14 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  May be. But this thread is not about the genetically-correct way to describe races. This is about how many people are sadly blaming this on race. I said be proud of heritage not race.

What do you mean by heritage?
You have done absolutely nothing to create your 'heritage'. What, precisely, are you proud of? Consider

The kind of thing perhaps like those nice little flags you have in your signature ? Idea

My ancestors traveling from Ireland and their culture they brought over would be a start.

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

15-07-2013, 08:27 AM
(15-07-2013 08:21 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 08:17 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  Actually physical bone structure is a major variation. To put it simply, you can classify our modern race classifications as :

Africoids
Mongoloids
Australoids
Khoisians
Caucasoids

Are you from the 1930s?

Those terms are used widely in Anthropolgy , forensics and other areas of study to this day. Not uncommon . If you want an exact definition , " Individuals and populations that share certain morphological and skeletal traits "

15-07-2013, 08:39 AM
(15-07-2013 08:27 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  Those terms are used widely in Anthropolgy , forensics and other areas of study to this day. Not uncommon . If you want an exact definition , " Individuals and populations that share certain morphological and skeletal traits "

Right. Find me just one anthropologist who uses those terms with a straight face...

Skeletal structure does not correlation with skin colour does not correlate with blood type does not correlate with anything.

Superficial phenotypic variation does not correlate in a statistically significant way with any other genetic variation.

I've acknowledged that there are cosmetic differences between human populations (many of which, as with complexion, are in fact a continuum...). They are not meaningfully correlated with any other traits. Therefore as a means of biological classification they are meaningless.

15-07-2013, 09:02 AM
http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpre...ull-shape/

Blog from an Anthropology student. Using logic, where do you think she learned these terms from ? I would say her professors.

http://forensicsciencecentral.co.uk/anthropology.shtml Mentions "Negroids " .

I will admit these terms are dated, but are used and should only be in scientific settings . Do a little research on Forensic Anthropology and see how they classify different ethnic groups. I am curious if you do not use these terms or similar, how you describe them ?

15-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Honestly though, why are we arguing about this ? Off topic anyway at this point.

15-07-2013, 09:09 AM
(15-07-2013 09:02 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpre...ull-shape/

Blog from an Anthropology student. Using logic, where do you think she learned these terms from ? I would say her professors.

http://forensicsciencecentral.co.uk/anthropology.shtml Mentions "Negroids " .

I will admit these terms are dated, but are used and should only be in scientific settings . Do a little research on Forensic Anthropology and see how they classify different ethnic groups. I am curious if you do not use these terms or similar, how you describe them ?

Yes. There are superficial phenotypic variations in human populations. That is partly due to the original diffusion of modern humans throughout the world (roughly, from our East African roots - those who went North, those who went East, and those who went nowhere). We've established that.

The only thing those cosmetic traits are correlated with is themselves. A 'negroid' Nigerian man and a 'negriod' Ethiopian man are far more genetically distinct from each other than a 'caucasoid' Scot from a 'mongoloid' Chamorro.

So, to say that those (few, superficial) traits are indicative of types and races in any broader sense (let alone subspecies, which was your original claim) is not a factual statement. S'just not.

15-07-2013, 09:14 AM
(15-07-2013 09:08 AM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  Honestly though, why are we arguing about this ? Off topic anyway at this point.

Well, not particularly; perceptions of race affected this case in a profound way.

You made a statement that was false - "races are human subspecies". Certainly if it was me I'd wish to be corrected.
Big Grin

15-07-2013, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 03:08 PM by devilsadvoc8.)
(14-07-2013 11:00 PM)Philosophist Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 06:20 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Because a white citizens axiliary police douchebag shot and killed a black gangsta wannabe. This has the black community outraged because they feel that Zimmerman murdered Martin. Conversely the white population believes it was justified because Martin endangered Zimmerman.

I'm not on the jury and I haven't seen all the evidence in this case, but based upon what I do know about it, you're probably not gonna convict Zimmerman on 2nd Degree murder. There were no witnesses to the scuffle, Zimmerman was physically injured by Martin and we only have Zimmerman's word that his life was in danger against that of a deadman.

On the other hand, I do feel that Martin's parents need to get a good lawyer and sue the shit out of Zimmerman for wrongful death as this was really preventable and set in motion by Zimmerman's zeal to follow Martin after a 911 dispatcher explicitly told him not to do so.

I sir am white, and to start, I am enraged because an unarmed child was murdered by a racist. Maybe there wasn't enough evidence to convict him of intentional 2rd degree murder. That's fine, but manslaughter is what Zimmerman was also charged with, because if nothing else, to stalk and shoot an innocent child because of your racist paranoia is negligence. A drunk who kills someone because they were driving under the influence is guilty of manslaughter, and so was Zimmerman.

This is a clear issue of race from the beginning. From the way the police handled it, to bringing Trayvon's character into it, to putting his friend's character on trial instead of the guilty party, and to where you can see if you did any research that Florida still systematically denies people of color their right to vote and uses stand your ground laws as a new age Jim Crow Laws which only works one way. People of color who have been guilty of less than Zimmerman have been convicted of murder in Florida, even when they fall into the category of stand your ground more than Zimmerman did.

The civil rights movement is right where it was left when MLK was assassinated by the US government. Go research the facts instead of displaying your profound ignorance of them. Go educate yourself about what hate feels like from other people's perspectives, where your privilege blinds you, before you go generalizing peoples opinions based on their race.

With the utmost respect that I can muster for people who have comments like this one here, please just shut up and think before you speak, 'else as far as I'm concerned you can go fuck yourself.

Sounds like you've made a helluva lot of assumptions there. You've branded someone a racist (GZ) and he may well be as I certainly don't know the man, however the FBI interviewed dozens of people and found no evidence that GZ was a racist (link) . We do know that NBC tainted public perception early on by manipulating the 911 call to make GZ sound racist (Link) as well. We also know that such reputable voices like Mr Sharpton have been quite vocal on the issue. So perhaps you'd do your cause a bit of a favor if you yourself didn't brand other people with labels without evidence.

It is terrible that TM lost his life that night. You, me, and everyone else out there have no idea what happened that night. Only one person did and they were acquitted of the charges. But TM is one person of how many that were killed that night in the US? How many children died as innocent by-standers to gang or drug crime that week that never made it past the local newspaper?

I have no basis to counter your statements about Florida's bias in law enforcement so I ask you to provide more information please.

Regardless, it was and is an absolute disgrace that this trial garnered the attention it did and continues to gather. The main stream media made their money with viewership by making this a story while giving a wonderful pulpit to all the racists out there while ignoring the hundreds of other murders that occur every week in the US of unarmed innocents. Does the media cover them? No- but there is plenty of airtime on the death of a Glee star ffs. This trial is a wonderful example of how America works these days. The poster headline issue is blown out of proportion while problems remain completely unaddressed that impact the majority of the citizens. The government wants us to focus on Snowden's crimes but please ignore that we are spying on each and everyone of you without a warrant for example.

Here's a freebie: Interesting opinion piece from a very smart man, Thomas Sowell, on the issue of race relations (Link)
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post