Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots
Calling this guy white is like calling Obama white... Its like combining white and blue paint and still calling it white. Madness.

Oh, and while I would argue that most people, from anywhere in the world, have the potential to do morally good and bad, and perform admirably, both physically and mentally... There ARE differences between these "races". I read an article in Scientific American just last year about a study that was revisited. Skulls were measured and compared, and the initial results were thought to have been incorrect or based on accepted racism from the time. However, on running the study a second time, both on the original samples, and on new ones, they found that there was actually a larger difference than the initial study suggested. The article compared real world situations where differences were apparent, and noted the concern that scientists had about releasing such studies as they may negatively affect employment rates for certain groups...

Of course, even knowing the differences... I think they would only be apparent as small differences in statistics. I can't see them affecting a disciplined individual all that much.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 04:07 PM
There are some other differences that seem to have merit, but I'm not sure about. Such as fast/slow twitch muscle ratios giving certain "races" an advantage in a given physical activity. But that one might be nonsense?
15-07-2013, 04:42 PM
(15-07-2013 04:07 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  There are some other differences that seem to have merit, but I'm not sure about. ... But that one might be nonsense?

There certainly are some trends between different human populations. Traditionally defined 'races' are based on broad, superficial phenotypic variations. Variety in virtually all other traits is independent of those, and in fact varies much more within those groups than between them.

In other words: it is indeed possible to determine 'average' values for some trait, for African, European, and Asian populations. Since those are all huge populations, with very broad variation in themselves, it is literally impossible to draw any statistically significant conclusions regarding a certain individual's genotype from membership in one of those three nebulous defined (though definitely existent) categories.

tldr: not nonsense. But not meaningful, either.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Racism is a great way to get peoples minds of the real policies and problems, it's a great way to divide and conquer a blended nation like the US. They used to play the Irish unions against the black unions to screw both back in the coal mining days. Now they just erect the racist straw man to weasel out of social reform. The news media loves to report racism and people like to jump to racism because they are too lazy to understand the individual issues. You can wipe racism from the country and black folks would not be better off without a fair wage, education funding, drug reform, city renewal projects.

Florida has a stupid law and that's what we should be focused on.

Also excuse me while I channel I and I, because I think it's worth pointing out:
[Image: ponder-this.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 05:11 PM
News is a business, ridethespiral. The media focuses on ratings, not what is necessarily important. It is not a government conspiracy to divert any negative attention away from them. It is a demonstration of the U.S' economic system.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
15-07-2013, 05:34 PM
(15-07-2013 05:06 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Also excuse me while I channel I and I...

Nah; you didn't mention cocks nearly enough times.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-07-2013, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 05:51 PM by ridethespiral.)
(15-07-2013 05:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  News is a business, ridethespiral. The media focuses on ratings, not what is necessarily important. It is not a government conspiracy to divert any negative attention away from them. It is a demonstration of the U.S' economic system.

Yes they are focused on ratings but only because it is a necessary metric they need to accomplish their main goal, which is maximizing profit. Also key to maximizing profit, pleasing ones advertisers, financial backers and parent corporations. Many of whom have an interest in a continued drug war, foreign oil and resource exploitation, weapons manufacturing, military communications, slave labor and economic imperialism, or the status quo in general. Maintaining their trusted status with the pentagon and getting all those nice embedded report freebees, info-graphics, tactical maps and fancy clips of stuff going boom is probably also a factor.

[Image: manufacturing_consent.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Just heard they shut down I-880 in Oakland Ca.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/...nue/nYrXY/

How the fuck is it I know more about what goes on there than where I live now??

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

16-07-2013, 04:32 AM
(15-07-2013 05:46 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yes they are focused on ratings but only because it is a necessary metric they need to accomplish their main goal, which is maximizing profit. Also key to maximizing profit, pleasing ones advertisers, financial backers and parent corporations. Many of whom have an interest in a continued drug war, foreign oil and resource exploitation, weapons manufacturing, military communications, slave labor and economic imperialism, or the status quo in general. Maintaining their trusted status with the pentagon and getting all those nice embedded report freebees, info-graphics, tactical maps and fancy clips of stuff going boom is probably also a factor.

Thank you for detailing the truth of crony capitalism. You aren't demonstrating anything that I don't actually know. The actual media broadcasters are more than willing to throw the government under the bus if it means better ratings.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
16-07-2013, 06:14 AM
(16-07-2013 04:32 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 05:46 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yes they are focused on ratings but only because it is a necessary metric they need to accomplish their main goal, which is maximizing profit. Also key to maximizing profit, pleasing ones advertisers, financial backers and parent corporations. Many of whom have an interest in a continued drug war, foreign oil and resource exploitation, weapons manufacturing, military communications, slave labor and economic imperialism, or the status quo in general. Maintaining their trusted status with the pentagon and getting all those nice embedded report freebees, info-graphics, tactical maps and fancy clips of stuff going boom is probably also a factor.

Thank you for detailing the truth of crony capitalism. You aren't demonstrating anything that I don't actually know. The actual media broadcasters are more than willing to throw the government under the bus if it means better ratings.

A decade or so ago maybe but I know disagree. The US media has become mouthpieces for the current administration. From secret meetings with favored journalists to blind acceptance of the administration's message. WH press conferences are embarrassing. Der Spiegel sees it (Link). The Bureau of Labor Statistics has been fudging data for years and no one will ask the hard question of our government. Fast and Furious, forgotten. IRS scandal forgotten while we talk about the "outrage" against the Zimmerman verdict. Lying about what happened during the Benghazi attack, swept under the rug. The DOJ spends taxpayer money to help organize pro TM rallies (seriously WTF) and no mainstream coverage. Abusing laws to go after an opposition media outlet, forgotten. The US media now helps to point out every squirrel to a bunch of sheep in the US. Not one major new outlet reporter is questioning the Fed's policies now. We just keep the printing press rolling.

I am no longer affiliated with either major party in the US because both are incompetent. From a neutral viewpoint, this administration has so many scandals regarding the abuse of power and the eroding of rights in the US that they should be in full defense mode with heads rolling left and right. But it doesn't happen. The American population is being shown the shiny object all while taking it in the rear.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post