Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2013, 07:07 AM
RE: Potential Zimmerman Acquital riots
(16-07-2013 06:14 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  A decade or so ago maybe but I know disagree. The US media has become mouthpieces for the current administration. From secret meetings with favored journalists to blind acceptance of the administration's message. WH press conferences are embarrassing. Der Spiegel sees it (Link). The Bureau of Labor Statistics has been fudging data for years and no one will ask the hard question of our government. Fast and Furious, forgotten. IRS scandal forgotten while we talk about the "outrage" against the Zimmerman verdict. Lying about what happened during the Benghazi attack, swept under the rug. The DOJ spends taxpayer money to help organize pro TM rallies (seriously WTF) and no mainstream coverage. Abusing laws to go after an opposition media outlet, forgotten. The US media now helps to point out every squirrel to a bunch of sheep in the US. Not one major new outlet reporter is questioning the Fed's policies now. We just keep the printing press rolling.

You are viewing it the wrong way. The government is not controlling the media, the corporations that fund the media run the government.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2013, 08:56 AM
(16-07-2013 07:07 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-07-2013 06:14 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  A decade or so ago maybe but I know disagree. The US media has become mouthpieces for the current administration. From secret meetings with favored journalists to blind acceptance of the administration's message. WH press conferences are embarrassing. Der Spiegel sees it (Link). The Bureau of Labor Statistics has been fudging data for years and no one will ask the hard question of our government. Fast and Furious, forgotten. IRS scandal forgotten while we talk about the "outrage" against the Zimmerman verdict. Lying about what happened during the Benghazi attack, swept under the rug. The DOJ spends taxpayer money to help organize pro TM rallies (seriously WTF) and no mainstream coverage. Abusing laws to go after an opposition media outlet, forgotten. The US media now helps to point out every squirrel to a bunch of sheep in the US. Not one major new outlet reporter is questioning the Fed's policies now. We just keep the printing press rolling.

You are viewing it the wrong way. The government is not controlling the media, the corporations that fund the media run the government.

Right but it's cyclical, the big banks and multi-nationals exert their influence on both media and government and then media and government influence each other...The key is that they are both in the pockets of big business so 90% of the time their interests overlap.

...Media is big business BTW, the 4 major media conglomerates have their hands in more pies than I can count.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2013, 09:02 AM
(16-07-2013 08:56 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Right but it's cyclical, the big banks and multi-nationals exert their influence on both media and government and then media and government influence each other...The key is that they are both in the pockets of big business so 90% of the time their interests overlap.

I think you mean it is a symbiotic relationship that has slowly consumed the lesser entity, the government. The United States is a corporate state living under the guise of a democratic republic.

(16-07-2013 08:56 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  ...Media is big business BTW, the 4 major media conglomerates have their hands in more pies than I can count.

I am aware of this, that is why I pointed out that it is not a federal conspiracy. It is a corporate one.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
16-07-2013, 11:38 PM
(13-07-2013 06:20 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  On the other hand, I do feel that Martin's parents need to get a good lawyer and sue the shit out of Zimmerman for wrongful death as this was really preventable and set in motion by Zimmerman's zeal to follow Martin after a 911 dispatcher explicitly told him not to do so.

Too bad under the law, Zimmerman didnt commit a crime, Trayvon did.

Also, 911 disbatchers dont hold a legal position of authority, but DO have to insulate themselves from any directing of callers. They told him not to simply to cover their own ass legally.
17-07-2013, 02:26 AM

[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
17-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Here's an article which, contrary to the Philosophist's claims on page 4, indicates that blacks benefit from the Stand your Ground Law more than whites. So while Eric, the lying sack of shit, Holder and others are proclaiming it to be the problem, it isn't.All the assholes are looking for their moment on the podium to appear to be taking action for the good of the citizens when they are not.

Link
19-07-2013, 04:32 AM
I hope you haven't yet seen this picture too many times.
[Image: 944243_287072168102717_1162199546_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
19-07-2013, 05:36 AM
(19-07-2013 04:32 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I hope you haven't yet seen this picture too many times.

Because most people don't seem to give a shit about it? Because the stuff in that meme isn't new?

19-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I think people are getting the wrong idea of why he was found not guilty.
As I understand the law, and 'Merica is pretty fucking retarded so I really wouldn't be surprised if what I'm about to say is wrong, this stand your ground law thing is a self defense law. This means this Zimmerman could only fall back on this defense if the black kid attacked Zimmerman first. If that is the case, then yes it is self defense. The fact that Zimmerman was stalking this kid is irrelevant in the eyes of the law as stalking is not illegal. The fact the cop told him to not follow him is also irrelevant because a cop enforces law, he/she doesn't make it.
The only fact that mattered in this whole case is, did Zimmerman or the black kid attack the other first. If Zimmerman attacked the black kid (seriously, what's the kid's name?) then it's murder, manslaughter at the very least, but I suspect considering if he attacked him it would lean towards murder as when you attack someone you do so with the intention of causing harm.

The onus of proof is on the state to prove Zimmerman landed the first blow.
My guess is there was no witnesses or camera footage and so I believe this is why Zimmerman got off, because the state (cops) couldn't prove Zimmerman attacked first. The key was, it was Zimmerman's word (that the black kid attacked him first) against nothing because the only other person who would know is dead.

The fact he followed him against police advise is not evidence he landed the first blow.

They were charging him with murder, that is a very very serious charge. You need to prove beyond reasonable doubt.
This is the nature of the law. Yes it sucks Zimmerman got off, but the alternative is far less strict levels of proof required to convict people of very serious crimes. How is that a good thing? False imprisonment rates would increase. Remember, this is people's lives we're talking about, life in prison is nothing to simply sweep under the rug. Yes, neither is murder, but you must draw the line somewhere and the line has been drawn firmly in the sand prior to this case and will remain post this case.

Despite my personal opinion about this case, the right verdict was issued, from a legal stand point.

Oh and yes, I did just say I agree with the decision to acquit him.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-07-2013, 02:58 PM
(19-07-2013 07:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think people are getting the wrong idea of why he was found not guilty.
As I understand the law, and 'Merica is pretty fucking retarded so I really wouldn't be surprised if what I'm about to say is wrong, this stand your ground law thing is a self defense law. This means this Zimmerman could only fall back on this defense if the black kid attacked Zimmerman first. If that is the case, then yes it is self defense. The fact that Zimmerman was stalking this kid is irrelevant in the eyes of the law as stalking is not illegal. The fact the cop told him to not follow him is also irrelevant because a cop enforces law, he/she doesn't make it.
The only fact that mattered in this whole case is, did Zimmerman or the black kid attack the other first. If Zimmerman attacked the black kid (seriously, what's the kid's name?) then it's murder, manslaughter at the very least, but I suspect considering if he attacked him it would lean towards murder as when you attack someone you do so with the intention of causing harm.

Arguably, Treyvon had the right to attack first if he felt threatened by Zimmerman. The Stand Your Ground law at its best, ladies and gentleman. Drinking Beverage