"Potty mouth" and the Christian mindset + We "choose" to go to Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
"Potty mouth" and the Christian mindset + We "choose" to go to Hell
So here's a video.

First. In case you didn't watch the video, at one point the lady caller gets offended by the use of the "filthy language" that Matt uses and hangs up. I've noticed that this offense to "potty mouth" is largely found in the Christian community. Christian movies are always rated PG and are devoid of anything remotely "offensive," including swear words, violence, any sexual references, wizardry, dinosaurs, and science. (I'm not making these up, there was a Christian movie review site I found that listed every offense in every movie. Land Before Time, for instance, is as offensive as Scarface for its blatant promotion of dinosaurs... damn Little Foot).

"Swear words" are just letters arranged in a way that produce a certain sound. Fuck should be no more offensive to you than Flarn. The only "real" swear word that should offend you is "motherfucker" because it suggests that you have incestuous intercourse with your beloved mother.

Other than that, people being offended by "dirty language" is a sign of immaturity to me. If you're such a child that mere sounds being made by someone's mouth insult you, then perhaps its time to reevaluate your life. Fuck is simply used to emphasize the following word.

PART 2

And as far as "by denying the Lord as your savior, you are CHOOSING to go to hell," that's just bullshit. Like Matt brilliantly put, "Jesus is the one who kicked me overboard." I'd like to see that line of thinking stand up in a court of law. "Well your honor, I didn't WANT to shoot the lady but she refused to give me her purse. I didn't kill her, she CHOSE to die."

Sounds good to me. Case dismissed.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
RE: "Potty mouth" and the Christian mindset + We "choose" to go to Hell
(04-06-2011 01:51 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  "Swear words" are just letters arranged in a way that produce a certain sound. Fuck should be no more offensive to you than Flarn. The only "real" swear word that should offend you is "motherfucker" because it suggests that you have incestuous intercourse with your beloved mother.

What about "son of a bitch"? That's none to flattering for mom, either.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
04-06-2011, 02:10 PM

I just enjoyed a late lunch and so I made myself stomach three minutes and eight seconds of Dennise.

I really don't like Dennise.

I've had conversations with Christians before on that issue. That people choose to go to Hell. There have been times when I thought if I chewed off my tongue and then attempted to speak, perhaps sounding like, muwahhh muwahhh phhheawffffaaaahhhhhh hahahahaha! Would have a better chance of getting through.

Truth be told, Christians like Dennise can't handle the truth.

Fictions surprise for Dennise, that she's clearly unaware of, is if her name isn't in the Book of Life she's going to be up to her ass in those atheists she thinks chose to be in her corner of the flaming pit.

The one unforgivable sin is blaspheming the holy ghost.
Fucking goddamn holy ghost sacred spook Mary mother fucker!
Because I really don't like Dennise.
And I choose to surprise her with a swift kick in her ass, if it turns out I'm wrong about Hell being fiction. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I like South Park's take on it. Swear words are fine as long as you're not using them in a literal sense.

"Can I say, I have to shit?"

"NO. You can say, 'oh shit, I have to poo' or 'I have to poop and shit'"

Which is somewhat true, but not because the words themselves are offensive, but rather because excrement, blatant references to sexual intercourse, and calling your mother a bitch are all offensive in their own right. Oh shit, that fucking guy just got his ass ran over by that fucking car... should offend no one with a level of maturity, since they are all expletives and expressions.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
"You're going to Hell, a place of Eternal Suffering"
"Fuck off"
"I am offended, GOOD DAY!"

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like oliethefolie's post
04-06-2011, 02:45 PM

(04-06-2011 02:14 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I like South Park's take on it. Swear words are fine as long as you're not using them in a literal sense...

Maybe the Bible was the first draft of what was later to become the South Park series. Tongue

The Christian school I use to attend had rules about cursing, of course. They'd beat hell out of you for saying; "Oh, darn!" "My goodness!" "Oh, good grief!" And the like, because they believed it was your sin of using vagaries in order to get away with what was actually intended; "Oh, damn!" "My god!" < Blasphemy! "Oh, good god!" Confused
05-06-2011, 11:52 AM
"Did your God create Hell?"

"Yes"

"Does your God create the rules of the universe, including the criteria by which souls are judged?"

"Yes"

"Does anything happened that doesn't go according to your god's will?"

"No"

"Then your God is ultimately responsible for everything, including the people who he sends to Hell"

"That is so messed up"

Nothing more to add there. And the profanity thing doesn't seem too surprising. Can't have pre-marital sex, can't eat meat on Fridays, can't work on Sundays, can't the say these words. No questions, just obey.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-06-2011, 12:07 PM

(04-06-2011 02:14 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I like South Park's take on it. Swear words are fine as long as you're not using them in a literal sense.

"Can I say, I have to shit?"

"NO. You can say, 'oh shit, I have to poo' or 'I have to poop and shit'"

Which is somewhat true, but not because the words themselves are offensive, but rather because excrement, blatant references to sexual intercourse, and calling your mother a bitch are all offensive in their own right. Oh shit, that fucking guy just got his ass ran over by that fucking car... should offend no one with a level of maturity, since they are all expletives and expressions.
Thanks for the great laugh, loved it. What a great comedy routine that would make. You should give it to Tim Minchin.
05-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I love the bipolar temperament of god :
"I love you"
"Obey me or go to hell"

"I made the universe and everything and I control everything"
"I don't send you to hell , you do"

Maybe we should get a shrink to analyze the Bible for god's personality disorders ... I bet there are quite a few.
Any psych students on board ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like gaglamesh731's post
05-06-2011, 10:36 PM
(05-06-2011 09:54 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I love the bipolar temperament of god :
"I love you"
"Obey me or go to hell"

"I made the universe and everything and I control everything"
"I don't send you to hell , you do"

Maybe we should get a shrink to analyze the Bible for god's personality disorders ... I bet there are quite a few.
Any psych students on board ?

Hahahaha thats the trouble when you get to many authors together to write shitty fiction... the message gets warped and the characters are all over the place. Tongue