Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED.
Our subconscious class warfare. Toronto's mayor, obviously not poor, does stupid shit and people merely call him "a joke". Florida politician gets caught with cocaine, and will "get help". But when poor people have the same problems they are treated like dirt and become indentured slaves to paying lawyers and probation.

And the other aspect, I get accused of being a "loser" being college educated and a dishwasher while saying the same things famous atheists such as Ricky Gervais or Chistopher Hitchens.

It does not matter when I point out wealthy people whom try to do the right thing. It does not matter that I point out our secular roots. Poverty is a criminal offense in America. We are working hard to look like the same Caste system as India which is nothing we should aspire to be as a nation.

We are in total denial as a nation that we have a class of "untouchables". I want everyone in my poor class to have a quality education. I want everyone to have a livable wage. There is no excuse for a nation that has 57 trillion GDP to even have abject poverty. Japan has dishwashers and janitors too. But they do NOT have abject poverty and their "poor" are much better educated on average than our poor.

I also hate the meme's floating around showing poor in third world countries who have it worse. You do not help them by pulling that shit, nor do you help keep our poor from falling further down. Knowing I have it better does not mean we should have a race to the bottom. Humanity should want better for their fellow human.

For far too long we have allowed Corporate America dictate wages down to the point of mom and pop shops following suit. We have seen our wages stagnate while Wall Street keeps breaking records in profit. The workers HAVE the numbers even if the uber rich have the money. We do not want to end private business, we just want to live without being slaves to low wages. The more we the worker raise our voices, the sooner those at the top will have no choice but to listen. I encourage everyone reading this to raise your voices on all social media to these corporate bullies and demand that they stop squeezing the rest of us. If Moo Cluck Moo, COSTCO, and Trader Joe can pay better wages, all of you can.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED.
I got a question: what the hell is the matter with your grammar? Consider

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Merica is Mob Rules, you guys seem to have forgotten that.
Your point though muddled with random ranting, is valid, revolution !!! go for it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-11-2013, 10:26 AM
(26-11-2013 10:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I got a question: what the hell is the matter with your grammar? Consider

Um. Which is more important to you? Being perfect? Or the message? Now, I agree that under certain conditions it would be important. Say when I am paid by a newspaper or in college. However, since this is merely a website I think the message is far more important.

I'm not going to beat myself up in this context.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-11-2013, 10:29 AM
(26-11-2013 10:19 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Your point though muddled with random ranting, is valid...

Hardly. People don't give a fuck; they got their TVs, their wifi, their iPhones, as long as they get paid at the end of the week, they feel no impetus to lift their collective head from the trough.

I used to have a bee in my bonnet about this as well, until I interacted with people in real time rather than online on self-aggrandizing blogs and conspiracy web sites.

26-11-2013, 10:36 AM
(26-11-2013 10:19 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Merica is Mob Rules, you guys seem to have forgotten that.
Your point though muddled with random ranting, is valid, revolution !!! go for it.

Where do you get "mob rule" out of this?

Is it our country? Or is it simply a tool for the rich? Go back and read where I pointed out companies that DO the right thing. No one should want a Stalin state or North Korea.

Our pay gap is unsustainable long term. Nowhere in anything I typed is advocating the end of the open market. Nowhere did I say, "prove your loyalty to me, stay in one class".

The average worker has to work one month to equal the pay of a CEO that makes the same thing in 1 hour. The ratio is about 300 to 1. No other westernized nation has this gap. And those other nations also DONT have the level of poverty or crime we do.

You are proving my point that poverty is a criminal offense by responding like this.

26-11-2013, 10:41 AM
(26-11-2013 10:26 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 10:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I got a question: what the hell is the matter with your grammar? Consider

Um. Which is more important to you? Being perfect? Or the message? Now, I agree that under certain conditions it would be important. Say when I am paid by a newspaper or in college. However, since this is merely a website I think the message is far more important.

You write a topic about America, you start with a sentence fragment and go on to mention some Canadian; and I'm like, ah, here we go, another one Dodgy

If you can't hold your audience past the first two sentences, how is your audience even gonna hear your message?

(And! I edited all the invective out of this, 'cause you're n00b. Big Grin )

26-11-2013, 10:41 AM
(26-11-2013 10:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 10:19 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Your point though muddled with random ranting, is valid...

Hardly. People don't give a fuck; they got their TVs, their wifi, their iPhones, as long as they get paid at the end of the week, they feel no impetus to lift their collective head from the trough.

I used to have a bee in my bonnet about this as well, until I interacted with people in real time rather than online on self-aggrandizing blogs and conspiracy web sites.

What conspiracy? The data of our gap compared to other countries is all over the web. The data also proves that our gap is the biggest reason for most of our problems. Lack of good pay, lack of investment, and lack of economic stability is great for Wall Street, but it sucks for the people who actually do the work that makes them rich.

COSTCO, MOO CLUCK MOO, TRADER JOE all pay higher wages and provide economic stability and STILL make a profit.

Only a fool would think global corporate bulling isn't creating a race to the bottom. "Trickle down" is failed policy and has for 30 years made things worse, not better.

26-11-2013, 10:59 AM
(26-11-2013 10:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 10:26 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Um. Which is more important to you? Being perfect? Or the message? Now, I agree that under certain conditions it would be important. Say when I am paid by a newspaper or in college. However, since this is merely a website I think the message is far more important.

You write a topic about America, you start with a sentence fragment and go on to mention some Canadian; and I'm like, ah, here we go, another one Dodgy

If you can't hold your audience past the first two sentences, how is your audience even gonna hear your message?

(And! I edited all the invective out of this, 'cause you're n00b. Big Grin )

Actually you glossing it over is your baggage. I've posted this same OP/ED elsewhere and people do actually read all the way through it. Maybe you need look at the message and don't judge the style.

Everyone has critics. I think the data behind the OP/ED as far as gap is far more important than nit picking.

The bottom line is that big business CAN do the right thing and at the same time be profitable. There is a huge difference between "cant" and "don't want to".

26-11-2013, 11:07 AM
This was my face while reading your post and for about 5seconds after I got done reading.

[Image: poker-face.jpg]

This was my face 5seconds after I got done reading your post.

[Image: __lolface___gif_by_neki844-d4mc5ji.jpg]

HoC beat me too it. You should listen to HoC, he get's it. By it I mean life.

People don't give a fuck dude. They sure as fuck aren't going to do anything about it...
Take the French Revolution for example, it took EXTREME poverty for massive amounts of the population for that shit to hit the fan. Look at America today, the majority is middle class people who have an average job and are living a reasonable comfortable average life.
People aren't gonna fight for a tiny bit more... You're off your fucking rocker son.
My advice? Stop having a fucking cry about your personal situation and get off your ass and do something about it.

Fucking poor people, all they do is complain... Dodgy

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Happens when America can no longer feed the world? Revenant77x 62 783 28-07-2014 07:55 PM
Last Post: f stop
  When is america getting that revolution. Metazoa Zeke 50 610 09-04-2014 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mat0816
  The End of The Death Penalty in America Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 151 2,389 03-04-2014 01:04 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 506 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  America and military criticism BrokenQuill92 0 142 16-01-2014 07:30 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Corporate America and Natural Hair BrokenQuill92 25 1,043 09-12-2013 07:09 PM
Last Post: BnW
  How is the book banning coming along america? I and I 20 667 04-10-2013 02:38 PM
Last Post: grizzlysnake