Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED.
(26-11-2013 11:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This was my face while reading your post and for about 5seconds after I got done reading.

[Image: poker-face.jpg]

This was my face 5seconds after I got done reading your post.

[Image: __lolface___gif_by_neki844-d4mc5ji.jpg]

HoC beat me too it. You should listen to HoC, he get's it. By it I mean life.

People don't give a fuck dude. They sure as fuck aren't going to do anything about it...
Take the French Revolution for example, it took EXTREME poverty for massive amounts of the population for that shit to hit the fan. Look at America today, the majority is middle class people who have an average job and are living a reasonable comfortable average life.
People aren't gonna fight for a tiny bit more... You're off your fucking rocker son.
My advice? Stop having a fucking cry about your personal situation and get off your ass and do something about it.

Fucking poor people, all they do is complain... Dodgy

Yes they do actually. Maybe you are not seeing it because of your selection bias, but I am seeing it. I am on social media every day and there ARE a growing number of people who don't want the status quo.

People do give a fuck and they should give a fuck. I do not think we have to be like India and China's sweat shop mentality to compete with them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 11:16 AM
(26-11-2013 11:12 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am on social media every day and there ARE a growing number of people who don't want the status quo.

Ahhh... slactivism. 'Cause doing stuff is hard. Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
26-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Son, I see the leftiest here protest all the god damn time. They protest everything. Yet do they win elections? Nope, because the vast majority vote for the normal quiet party sitting on the side not making a fuss.
On the side lines not giving a fuck is where your majority are...

People complaining on social media seem like some sort of majority simply because they're the loudest..
Nobody goes on twitter and tweets how they're happy they're living a normal life, that doesn't mean they're not...

You want to talk to me about bias?? Son, in the words of some 90's rapper, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Your "sources" are biases as fuck and stupid.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote: Stop having a fucking cry about your personal situation and get off your ass and do something about it. Fucking poor people, all they do is complain... Dodgy

Thank you snob for proving my point. I doubt you could go into a Wallmart or McDonalds and say "loser" to the clerk's face. I doubt you have the guts to do that.

It means nothing to assholes like you when I point out RICH PEOPLE and companies who do the right thing. AGAIN COSTCO, MOO CLUCK MOO, TRADER JOE. I'm not complaining about them. So your bullshit snobery is fucking hollow.

And please, don't ever eat where I work, I will fucking spit in your food.

Sorry it bothers you that other classes exist, don't stand on the shoulders of others and piss on them at the same time.

Let me repeat, addressing the pay gap is not saying "be poor like me to prove your loyalty".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Lolz. So the moral crusader is a burger-fipper who spits in people's food. Lovely.

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 11:30 AM
(26-11-2013 11:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Lolz. So the moral crusader is a burger-fipper who spits in people's food. Lovely.

I lol'ed too. My favorite bit is where he assumes I'm some rich snob.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-11-2013, 11:34 AM
(26-11-2013 11:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 11:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Lolz. So the moral crusader is a burger-fipper who spits in people's food. Lovely.

I lol'ed too. My favorite bit is where he assumes I'm some rich snob.

But you are! You're wealthy in love and compassion and stuff. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 11:34 AM
@Brian37, To be sure you've done your research so you can propose a solution that's not going to make the problem actually worse, can you answer some obvious questions?

1. We all know that for a time the US was getting more and more equal, but then it reversed course. In what year did it reverse course? And what happened at that time to cause this reversal? And who were able to predict at that time that this would happen?

2. Since the US reversed course and began to become increasingly unequal with the erosion of the poor and middle class, has the trend halted if either Democrats or Republicans get in power and have the Presidency and control both houses of Congress? Or has the trend continued no matter which party is in power?

3. What's the one country that, without any gift of natural resources, has managed to eliminate poverty so the poorest 20% make at least half the median income? And what was the government policy that made it possible? What did they do different from the US?

4. We all know the banking crisis screwed up the economy in 2008 because the banks were too big to fail. Then the government forcefully took over the banks, regulating what salaries the banks could pay their executives, dictating there mergers & acquisitions, forcing them to take loans against their will, etc. Since the government got so intertwined with the big banks, has the situation improved? Are the 'too big to fail banks' now bigger or smaller than before the government took over?

5. Looking beyond banks at all the tyrannical corporate monopolies that exploit the population, how many of them (besides DeBeers) were able to get such power without the government's assistance?

IMO, until you can answer such basic questions, you shouldn't propose solutions, particularly not violent ones enforced at gunpoint, because you may just be making things worse.
26-11-2013, 11:38 AM
(26-11-2013 11:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 11:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I lol'ed too. My favorite bit is where he assumes I'm some rich snob.

But you are! You're wealthy in love and compassion and stuff. Big Grin

Indeed.
I keep it in a Swiss Bank lock box, locked away safe and sound.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-11-2013, 11:40 AM
(26-11-2013 11:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, I see the leftiest here protest all the god damn time. They protest everything. Yet do they win elections? Nope, because the vast majority vote for the normal quiet party sitting on the side not making a fuss.
On the side lines not giving a fuck is where your majority are...

People complaining on social media seem like some sort of majority simply because they're the loudest..
Nobody goes on twitter and tweets how they're happy they're living a normal life, that doesn't mean they're not...

You want to talk to me about bias?? Son, in the words of some 90's rapper, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Your "sources" are biases as fuck and stupid.

Don't call me "son" I am 47, and again you are out of your mind to say "leftest" when I point out companies that do the right thing. A "leftest" would say "fuck the private sector". Now when you can point out where I said "fuck the private sector" then I will concede.

I am not advocating the end of the private sector dumbass. Republicans and Libertarians do not own a monopoly on economic views. It certainly has been hijacked by the right.

Teddy Roosevelt advocated against corporate bullies. Henry Ford wanted his employees to be able to afford what he sold. Now why the fuck would a "leftist" quote a REPUBLICAN and value a PRIVATE BUSINESS OWNER?

You look at what built the middle class in this country, it was a combo of high taxes, government projects and LOW pay gap ratio, with very cheap higher education. And government was SMALLER too.

I'd advise those on the right to follow COSTCO's model, if they want less government then the most important thing they can do to get that is to create economic stability for the worker, instead of blaming it on the worker.

Scapegoating the poor wont work anymore.