Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 12:08 PM
RE: Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED.
Kinda screams I&I, though there's no mention of Israel and it actual gets to the point so it can't be I&I.

Either way, it's not worth staying up for, I'm going to sleep.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Ni-nite muffs.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and just yank his chain some, but once Frank showed up and was ignored, well...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 12:25 PM by Brian37.)
Pay inequality is a HUGE problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Why did ya ignore frankk?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
26-11-2013, 01:09 PM
(26-11-2013 11:40 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  You look at what built the middle class in this country, it was a combo of high taxes, government projects and LOW pay gap ratio, with very cheap higher education. And government was SMALLER too.

Since you couldn't answer the really basic soft-ball questions I threw at you, let's see if you even fact-checked the claims you make...

Please, tell me between what years did the middle class grow, and what was the government spending at that time?

Usually people like you who make this argument say 'the 50's and 60's'. But government spending (% of gdp) was SMALLER in those years. Sure, to appease the left they had a pretend high marginal income tax rate. But they didn't enforce it and nobody paid it. There was no FATCA, no controlled foreign corporation, no FBAR for offshore bank accounts, etc., so statistically the top 10% actually paid less than they do today.

Don't run from the facts like you lefties always do. Facts matter. If you make false claims based on fabricated facts, it discredits you. So what period of time are your referring to, and what was government spending at that time?

(26-11-2013 11:40 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Why should the people who do the work have to continue to work longer hours for less pay? It is fucking absurd. It would be corporate America's wet dream to have all of us work 40 1 hour jobs at 25 cents an hour.

And how do you propose we solve that? Raise the minimum wage? It's well known that every notch you raise the minimum wage, unemployment also goes up. Raise the minimum wage $500/hour, and everybody will get laid off as the corporations move all the labor overseas. So how much do you proposing raising the minimum wage, and how much do you think it will increase unemployment?

And here's a bonus question for you.... There's one country where the poorest worker, say the janitor at McDonald's, makes $40k/year, gets a month's paid vacation, and health care. What country is it, and what is the minimum wage in that country?

<crickets chirping>
[+] 2 users Like frankksj's post
26-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:And how do you propose we solve that? Raise the minimum wage? It's well known that every notch you raise the minimum wage, unemployment also goes up. Raise the minimum wage $500/hour, and everybody will get pink slips. So how much do you proposing raising the minimum wage, and how much do you think it will increase unemployment

Moo Cluck Moo, Costco, Trader Joes.

Sorry, you lose.

Now I do agree that the bulk of the climate of big business is far too full of people who act like fucking brats when the slightest hint of workers wanting to survive, knock over the chess board, pack their things and leave. Saying it is that way is not saying it has to stay that way. That is just corporate blackmail.

COSCTO especially is beating the fuck out of Wallmart so to say higher wages hurt is bullshit.

Who the fuck is suggesting everyone make $500 an hour? Nowhere did I say we should all make the same. I am saying the GAP is too big. Did you watch the video I posted?

Stop painting me out to be a Stalin commie. Stupid and pathetic.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-11-2013, 02:32 PM
(26-11-2013 01:19 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Sorry, you lose.

Wow. So I ask you several basic questions to see if you have a clue what you're talking about. You run from them all of them. In my last post I ask what your proposed solution is. You run from that too, showing that you actually don't have a solution and are just complaining, without even knowing what you're complaining about. And I accurately predicted your future behavior and knew you'd run from these issues.

Obviously you're making up your own debate rules if you think this means I lost that one and you won it. You didn't even try to make a point. You didn't address anything I said. You wrote: "Moo Cluck Moo, Costco, Trader Joes." What kind of solution is that? You're just throwing out names. What prompted those 3 companies pay better wages? Was it government involvement and new minimum wage laws?

Then you throw up fabricate fantasy strawman arguments. Did I ever say you proposed a $500/hour raise in the minimum wage? Hardly. I said _IF_ we raised the minimum wage to $500/hour, we know that unemployment would skyrocket to 99+%. So, I asked how much YOU proposed raising the minimum wage, and what effect you expected it would have on unemployment. Naturally that question is too scary for you, so you just fabricate a strawman.

There's no point in continuing since you're absolutely clueless what the issue is, and totally clueless about the way debates work, and not interested in any serious discussion.

And this proves my point. Guys like you are like bulls in a china shop. You gang up, get 51% of the vote, then send in the police and guns to enforce stupid laws that make things much, much worse. You don't like the problem of inequality? Here's a hint: you social-engineer wanna be's are causing the problem.
26-11-2013, 06:36 PM
The solution is simple. PAY WORKERS MORE.

Now will the big boys do that without blackmailing threats of cutting jobs, that is another story.

26-11-2013, 06:40 PM
la la-la la
la la-la la
hey hey hey
troll

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 07:29 PM
(26-11-2013 06:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  The solution is simple. PAY WORKERS MORE.

Now will the big boys do that without blackmailing threats of cutting jobs, that is another story.

Well no shit Sherlock. The solution to low pay is to pay workers more. Did you learn this in college? It's quite insightful.

An intelligent person would take it to the next level and ask himself: "Now _HOW_ can I encourage the company to pay the employees more, without making things worse, and what are the consequences of my actions?" Liberals, however, don't go that far. That's way too intellectual. They just send in the police to force the shop owner at gunpoint to "pay his staff more". The consequences don't even register. When it backfires and things fall apart they just look baffled and say "Duh, I wonder why that happened".

For example, it's well-known that Walmart unnecessarily hires "greeters" who do nothing but stand at the door and say hello. It's totally unnecessary, and Costco doesn't do it, and they are very expendable. But the people Walmart hires as greeters are, of course, not very employable. They're often older people living on a pension, or people with learning disabilities. Obviously this lowers Walmart's average salaries compared to other employers that don't waste money on superfluous staff.

So let's say you go in guns a blazing and pass a new minimum wage law that requires everyone to get $15/hour + medical. Do you think Walmart is going to pay the greeters that much? Or do you think they're just going to replace the greeters with a cardboard stand that says "Welcome to Walmart"? And if that happens, what effect does this have on the greeter who went from living with some dignity and pride of being self-supporting, and is now totally dependent on handouts from taxpayers? Do you guys ever think through the consequences of your actions?
[+] 3 users Like frankksj's post