Practical atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 10:28 AM
RE: Practical atheist
(05-09-2014 03:07 PM)Omnipotent Wrote:  I identify myself as an apatheist (The existence of gods is not rejected, but may be designated unnecessary or useless; gods neither provide purpose to life, nor influence everyday life) and it's not because I outwardly reject god or don't care about the question, it's because I don't care about the answer.

I've been apatheistic most of my life and I do figure that if there is a god there is no obvious interaction between it and reality (for lack of a better term) so its existence or non-existence isn't relative to my daily life.

That said, the issue of religion in politics, whether it be the Christina or Muslim nutjobs, has made me care about it much more than ever before. I see some hopeful signs that religion is losing ground but I fear a lot of damage as it drags everybody else down with it. I also fear that the tide could turn again.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-09-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: Practical atheist
(05-09-2014 03:07 PM)Omnipotent Wrote:  Hello everyone!

I hope I came to the right forum. Undecided

I identify myself as an apatheist (The existence of gods is not rejected, but may be designated unnecessary or useless; gods neither provide purpose to life, nor influence everyday life) and it's not because I outwardly reject god or don't care about the question, it's because I don't care about the answer.

If god is real, he either cares whether I worship him or not. If he doesn't care, I feel I'll get into whatever heaven there is just out of my good deeds, belief doesn't make a good person.

If he does care about my worship and he will damn me simply for not believing in him regardless of my good deeds, I wouldn't want to spend eternity with him anyway.

If he isn't even real, I guess I win either way.

Peace

Welcome and I agree with this!
If a god exists, why should we care? Why do so many assume if one exists, that he demands incessant worship and praise?

More like man designing a god in his image. Lol

Hope you enjoy the forums!

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply