Practicing Roman Catholic, here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Practicing Roman Catholic, here.
Hello.

I'm a member of the Roman Catholic Church, and I live in the USA.

I don't know exactly why I'm here...

It must be my extreme early onset dementia. I see from my recent lurkings there are some good people, though they are ill-informed on Catholicism. Also you have a resident Deist, so I thought it would be best if I set aside some time to be a more... err... mainstream believer.

I can't wait to to click on that Atheism and Theism tab!

See you then,

CCL

(Because typing the superscript is too hard)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes C²L's post
20-11-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: Practicing Roman Catholic, here.
Hi there CCL.

I attended Catholic church and Sunday school growing up, and most of my relatives are Catholic, if that counts for anything. ^_^
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the forums. We welcome all kinds of discussion here, don't be shy.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
20-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Welcome. Former Catholic here, even Catholic school from 6th grade through HS graduation.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
20-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I was catholic. Welcome.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-11-2013, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 10:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
How much do they make you practice before they tell you that you got it right ?
Some of us here, know WAY too much about the Papists.
Tongue
Me, I like Aquinas, (one of the Doctors of your chuch). The guy who said the devil went to Eve first, since "the light of reason, shone less brightly in her", (!)
(even though she was preternaturally perfect), and the same dude who said that people in heaven's pleasure is increased because they get to watch evil people being tormented in hell. That guy. Big Grin
We get some ... um ... interesting Cat-o-licks. Recently there were two fun ones. One actually said he was "holier than thou", (and meant it), and one was a
sedevacantist, but he didn't know why. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-11-2013, 11:41 PM
(20-11-2013 09:37 PM)C²L Wrote:  Hello.

I'm a member of the Roman Catholic Church, and I live in the USA.

I don't know exactly why I'm here...

Welcome.

Quote:It must be my extreme early onset dementia.

Hmmmm...why do you say that...? Look at the Bright Side: It might rather be the onset of some sort of sanity. Thumbsup

(20-11-2013 09:37 PM)C²L Wrote:  I see from my recent lurkings there are some good people,...

Well, that seems like it could be a good start.

Quote: ...though they are ill-informed on Catholicism

Do tell.

My experience has been that even most catholics are ill-informed on catholicism.

Welcome.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
20-11-2013, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 12:01 AM by LadyJane.)
Welcome!

I was raised in a Roman Catholic home, Church on Sundays, Catholic school k-12 and I was an alter server for a few years. I possess one holy palm, one 3 oz. vial of holy water, one pink rosary, one glow-in-the-dark rosary and two coffin crosses of loved ones, all in my basement in a box.

Did you come here to educate us or to understand the atheist position? Looking forward to your interactions. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
21-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-11-2013, 04:45 AM
(20-11-2013 11:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Welcome!

I was raised in a Roman Catholic home, Church on Sundays, Catholic school k-12 and I was an alter server for a few years. I possess one holy palm, one 3 oz. vial of holy water, one pink rosary, one glow-in-the-dark rosary and two coffin crosses of loved ones, all in my basement in a box.

Did you come here to educate us or to understand the atheist position? Looking forward to your interactions. Smile

I gotta get me one of them "glow in the darks". I think they have em on eBay. I need to order an indulgence too. Can never have too many "get of of jail free" cards. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche