Practicing Roman Catholic, here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: Practicing Roman Catholic, here.
(21-11-2013 04:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I gotta get me one of them "glow in the darks". I think they have em on eBay. I need to order an indulgence too. Can never have too many "get of of jail free" cards. Tongue

What's an "indulgence"? Consider

Wait... Sadcryface do I want to know?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 11:46 AM
(21-11-2013 11:40 AM)kim Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 11:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait. We have a resident deist?

I think he means our little confused teen TTT - you know - god is the universe and I know everything cause I'm a wise sage and stuff. That guy. Shy

Ahhh okay.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-11-2013, 11:55 AM
(20-11-2013 09:37 PM)C²L Wrote:  Hello.
I'm a member of the Roman Catholic Church, and I live in the USA.
I don't know exactly why I'm here...

Hi CCL - good to have you here. You'll have a good experience if you don't get too caught up in some troll's poo slinging... can't promise you won't, though... we have our share of them here.

From what little I know about catholicism it seems to have some interesting aspects as well as a dark side. Maybe you'll run across some new insight concerning it while here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Welcome and thanks for the shoutout!
21-11-2013, 02:44 PM
(21-11-2013 11:40 AM)kim Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 11:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait. We have a resident deist?

I think he means our little confused teen TTT - you know - god is the universe and I know everything cause I'm a wise sage and stuff. That guy. Shy

And you say I generalize! Tongue
21-11-2013, 02:49 PM
(21-11-2013 02:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 11:40 AM)kim Wrote:  I think he means our little confused teen TTT - you know - god is the universe and I know everything cause I'm a wise sage and stuff. That guy. Shy

Yeah I meant you, you little heretic! Big Grin
21-11-2013, 02:50 PM
(21-11-2013 02:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 11:40 AM)kim Wrote:  I think he means our little confused teen TTT - you know - god is the universe and I know everything cause I'm a wise sage and stuff. That guy. Shy

All women generalise.

Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forum ! I was raised "cafetaria catholic" without even knowing it. Also I was looking for the right denomination before being an "Agnostic Christian" (that means that I doubted of Christianity). Now I'm a "Gnostic Atheist" (I'm sure to 100% that there are no God[s]).
21-11-2013, 06:30 PM
(21-11-2013 11:55 AM)kim Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 09:37 PM)C²L Wrote:  Hello.
I'm a member of the Roman Catholic Church, and I live in the USA.
I don't know exactly why I'm here...

Hi CCL - good to have you here. You'll have a good experience if you don't get too caught up in some troll's poo slinging... can't promise you won't, though... we have our share of them here.

From what little I know about catholicism it seems to have some interesting aspects as well as a dark side. Maybe you'll run across some new insight concerning it while here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I would say more of the light side, Emiritus Benedict is, contrary to belief, not Emperor Palpatine. I could see how one could become mistaken.
21-11-2013, 06:38 PM
(21-11-2013 09:30 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Welcome. You have no control over how you were raised.

The question is, why, with all the revelations about the crimes of the church which have surfaced in the last decade do you still remain?

(It's Church with a capital letter, proper noun. You have no control over how you where taught grammar)

Let's see some atheist history over the past decade (or so)

[Image: stalin-bio.jpg]

Stalin, a devout atheist, killed more people than Hitler and Genghis Khan combined.

I would also bring up Pol Pot and so forth, but that would be generalizing someones beliefs based on things a few members have done. But you'd never do anything like that. Drinking Beverage