Practicing Roman Catholic, here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Practicing Roman Catholic, here.
(21-11-2013 07:30 PM)C²L Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 07:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Umm, well, ya see, even though when you die, you enter a non-temporal state, ya really don't. (really makes sense I know).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
It was one of the things the Protties got their undies all in a bunch about, WAY back when. But they still exist, (as a matter of doctrine).
Ya got yer reglar indulgence, and ya got yer "Plenary indulgence".
Ya see Reality is up to Rome to "bind and loose", (don't cha know). Weeping
There is an "account book" in the sky, (no really there is), and they help pay off yer deb-its. Couch, cough. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07783a.htm

Blink
I thought we stopped doing that like, a million years ago?

Are you SURRREEE....?

I'd like to see my checkbook. It probably has '-9999999999999999999999 Jesucredits: Joined TTA'

I'm more than sure. Pope Benny, (or was it the new guy), gave them out for World Youth Day in the last few years. But ya never know. The chuch which *says* it's built on tradition and scripture changes it's "traditions" all the time.
Your Jebus credits have not registered yet for the week, I regret to inform you. However, if you have a Jebus IRA, they will be accessible at First Vespers of the FOLLOWING Sunday, and since Sunday is the feast of Christ the Kingsy-Wingsy, guess what ? YOUR credits for the week will be DOUBLED, If, (and only if), you tell your beads before sundown of the day prior to.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-11-2013, 08:45 PM
(21-11-2013 08:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 07:30 PM)C²L Wrote:  Blink
I thought we stopped doing that like, a million years ago?

Are you SURRREEE....?

I'd like to see my checkbook. It probably has '-9999999999999999999999 Jesucredits: Joined TTA'

I'm more than sure. Pope Benny, (or was it the new guy), gave them out for World Youth Day in the last few years. But ya never know. The chuch which *says* it's built on tradition and scripture changes it's "traditions" all the time.
Your Jebus credits have not registered yet for the week, I regret to inform you. However, if you have a Jebus IRA, they will be accessible at First Vespers of the FOLLOWING Sunday, and since Sunday is the feast of Christ the Kingsy-Wingsy, guess what ? YOUR credits for the week will be DOUBLED, If, (and only if), you tell your beads before sundown of the day prior to.

Hm, interesting. What say you about beads?
21-11-2013, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 02:58 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-11-2013 08:43 PM)C²L Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly ain't got no problem with communing with Jesus, I mean being how as I am my own personal Jesus and shit and The Word showed me the way. I am quite sure Jesus was an atheist. But bread and wine becoming body and blood of some dude who if he ever existed been's dead 2000 years but I just don't notice it is just fucking so much nonsense. Nothing intrinsically bad about it. It's just fucking nonsense. Tongue

[Image: comm-b4-trans.jpg]

Is this confusing you?

I mean, obviously the transubstantiation of the Host wouldn't be believed by an atheist, but why is it fucking nonsense? And He's not been dead for 2,000 years, but three days.

That ancient dualism went out centuries ago. There IS no difference between "substance" and "accident". It's all built on an ancient Greek (pre-scientific), fallacy. So sad. Time to join the 21st Century. You have not a shred of evidence for a "difference". It's meaningless. As Dawkins said to Cardinal Pell, in their debate, (in Australia), "Whatever *you* mean by using those words, it's not what humans mean when they use them in the English language". It's also a FACT, that NO JEW would NEVER EVER even THINK about drinking blood. It was an abomination, (to even touch it). As for being dead ofr three days, how do know that you're not confusing the Jesus that Philo talked about (who also rose, who Jews worshiped BEFORE the time of Yeshua ben Josef), or Simon of Perea, (announced by Gabriel, messiah, rose in three days ) ?

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-11-2013, 08:56 PM
(21-11-2013 08:43 PM)C²L Wrote:  [Image: comm-b4-trans.jpg]

Is this confusing you?

I mean, obviously the transubstantiation of the Host wouldn't be believed by an atheist, but why is it fucking nonsense? And He's not been dead for 2,000 years, but three days.

No, it doesn't confuse Girly because I recognize nonsense when I see it and don't consider it further. Your statement being a prime example. ... You're silly. But you're welcome to stay if you like. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-11-2013, 09:01 PM
(21-11-2013 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:43 PM)C²L Wrote:  [Image: comm-b4-trans.jpg]

Is this confusing you?

That ancient dualism went out centuries ago. There IS do difference between "substance" and "accident". It's all built on an ancient Greek (pre-scientific), fallacy. So sad. Time to join the 21st Century. You have not a shred of evidence for a "difference". It's meaningless. As Dawkins said to Cardinal Pell, in their debate, (in Australia), whatever you mean by using those words, it's not what humans mean when they use them in the English language. It's also a FACT, that NO JEW would NEVER EVER even THINK about drinking blood. It was an abomination.

Am I a Jew?
I know how the separation of mind, body, and spirit has affected Western society, but the communion is an exception to the rule. Also it is the same Mystery as the substance of the Christ. It is bread, it is Christ. It is not any more one than the other.
21-11-2013, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 09:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-11-2013 09:01 PM)C²L Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That ancient dualism went out centuries ago. There IS do difference between "substance" and "accident". It's all built on an ancient Greek (pre-scientific), fallacy. So sad. Time to join the 21st Century. You have not a shred of evidence for a "difference". It's meaningless. As Dawkins said to Cardinal Pell, in their debate, (in Australia), whatever you mean by using those words, it's not what humans mean when they use them in the English language. It's also a FACT, that NO JEW would NEVER EVER even THINK about drinking blood. It was an abomination.

Am I a Jew?
I know how the separation of mind, body, and spirit has affected Western society, but the communion is an exception to the rule. Also it is the same Mystery as the substance of the Christ. It is bread, it is Christ. It is not any more one than the other.

It matters not what you are. Catholics say that a JEW started the idea. No Jew would do, or have ANYTHING to do with drinking blood. Special Pleading, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading (making exceptions) for your case is not going to win you any Jebus points.
There is no "mystery" explained by a "mystery". You have GOT to be kidding. Christians were JEWS for centuries. St. John Crysostom, in his collection of sermons, (400 CE, see the Christmas sermon), was telling his congregation to STOP going to the synagogue). I see you were thoroughly indoctrinated.
Things are what they are. Nothing more nothing less. There is no "substance" different from "accident'. Assertion is proof of nothing. There is NOT ONE example in all of Reality, where "substance" is difference" from "accident". It's a distinction without a difference. Bread is bread. Period. Doing magic words over it changes nothing. (You do know I hope that Paul of Tarsus stole the "eucharist" from Greek mystery cults/festivals).

21-11-2013, 09:16 PM
(21-11-2013 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That ancient dualism went out centuries ago. There IS do difference between "substance" and "accident". It's all built on an ancient Greek (pre-scientific), fallacy. So sad. Time to join the 21st Century. You have not a shred of evidence for a "difference". It's meaningless. As Dawkins said to Cardinal Pell, in their debate, (in Australia), whatever you mean by using those words, it's not what humans mean when they use them in the English language. It's also a FACT, that NO JEW would NEVER EVER even THINK about drinking blood. It was an abomination.

Am I a Jew?
The bread IS christ, is that a metaphor?
I once thought that, how wrong I was..
I have no problem with catholics (was once roman catholic myself) but this little thing about transubstantiation always bothered me.
Welcome by the way, you seem niceThumbsup

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
21-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Ya know they *say* they believe it's Jebus.
If they REALLY did believe that, they would ALL be face down in front of their nearest tabernacle, 24/7. They don't REALLY buy that. They say they do. Actions speak louder than words.

21-11-2013, 09:21 PM
(21-11-2013 09:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is NOT ONE example in all of Reality, where "substance" is difference" from "accident".

Here we go, my planned response to this predictable answer.

If I showed you a chair with four legs and a chair with three legs, and let's say, a green chair with four legs, they all have different traits. You'll notice one has three legs, two have for legs, two are plain and yet one is green. They are though all in essence, chairs. Their accidents such as the color and number of legs differ, but they are all tools on which we sit on. It is the same with the Christ. Since all things are God, and Jesus is God, the Christ in his actual body and the Christ in the wafer are in no way different.
21-11-2013, 09:21 PM

Am I a Jew?

Word salad, incoherent nonsense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user