Practicing Roman Catholic, here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Practicing Roman Catholic, here.
(21-11-2013 09:32 PM)C²L Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is your belief. A belief for which you have no evidence and which makes no actual sense.

You are welcome to claim it as a belief, but you are not welcome to call it a fact.

Yes, it is my belief. You must be so smart.

And yet you asserted it as fact. They are not the same.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 09:38 PM
(21-11-2013 09:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:32 PM)C²L Wrote:  Yes, it is my belief. You must be so smart.

And yet you asserted it as fact. They are not the same.

Yes I did assert it as fact. Yes they are both not the same.. Huh
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 09:40 PM
(21-11-2013 09:35 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:23 PM)C²L Wrote:  No dude, sorry. (I'm not trying to be mean sorry just let me show you)

When that priest rings that bell and says that prayer, that is NOT a piece of bread anymore. That IS Jesus Christ's flesh, not a part of him, but Jesus in His entirety.

Same thing with the wine.
Yes I know what you are saying, just kinda puzzling how that happens you know?
It isn't metaphorical, not symbolic it just is. Right?
If thats the case I'll just have to live with this impasse and I'm okay with thatBig Grin

You're right, it just *is*.

It is what a Priest can do as a representative of Christ.
21-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Facts are not beliefs. If facts and beliefs were the same, faith would not be necessary.
Strange one this. He does not know what his religion teaches, and he doesn't know the definition of a "fact", (that for which there is scientific evidence). We do get the weird religionists here, who say they are memebers of their cults, but prove to have *very* strange heretical views.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-11-2013, 09:44 PM
(21-11-2013 09:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  Word salad, incoherent nonsense.

Reminds me of someone else. Undecided

For the last time, I'm not Egor! No
21-11-2013, 09:44 PM
(21-11-2013 09:40 PM)C²L Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:35 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Yes I know what you are saying, just kinda puzzling how that happens you know?
It isn't metaphorical, not symbolic it just is. Right?
If thats the case I'll just have to live with this impasse and I'm okay with thatBig Grin

You're right, it just *is*.

Prove it.
Proof by assertion is worthless.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-11-2013, 09:45 PM
(21-11-2013 09:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Facts are not beliefs. If facts and beliefs were the same, faith would not be necessary.
Strange one this. He does not know what his religion teaches, and he doesn't know the definition of a "fact", (that for which there is scientific evidence). We do get the weird religionists here, who say they are memebers of their cults, but prove to have *very* strange heretical views.

Facts can be beliefs. Otherwise, it wouldn't be the 'one, holy, catholic, an apostolic Church'.
21-11-2013, 09:47 PM
(21-11-2013 09:45 PM)C²L Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Facts are not beliefs. If facts and beliefs were the same, faith would not be necessary.

Facts can be beliefs. Otherwise, it wouldn't be the 'one, holy, catholic, an apostolic Church'.

That makes no logical sense. More word salad.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21-11-2013 09:45 PM)C²L Wrote:  

No that is your belief. It's not a fact. There is NO WAY to establish it as a "fact". It will always be ONLY your "belief". No matter how many times you assert something, the thing that matters is EVIDENCE. Saying beliefs are facts, does not make them so.
"The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments." - Wiki.
I see you are VERY young and have never taken Philosophy, or Theology. How old are you ?

(21-11-2013 09:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:40 PM)C²L Wrote:  You're right, it just *is*.

Prove it.
Proof by assertion is worthless.

If I could prove it then there wouldn't be any Atheist forums, would there?

Go to a Catholic Mass or something or talk to a priest and ask him about all of that. He'd know more than me, and you'll still confirm your worldview (like I do) with your own interpretation. You are pointless in saying "Prove it" to anyone.

Prove it that there is no God. Drinking Beverage